Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

APEX Removed?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TIPPY98ACT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPY98ACT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: APEX Removed?
    Posted: 05 June 2007 at 7:45pm
To those who have seen or own one. I was wondering, If I purchase the APEX BT-47 or APEX BT-M16 equipped barrel systems. Will they have the same mussel break (porting on the tip) as one without the APEX? Or does it look different underneath? I like the looks of both without the tip installed. I'm willing to pay the extra to have the benefit of the APEX should I want to use it. But if I choose to remove it, I want it to look like the the ones without. I don't want to read any posts about a Flatline being better than the APEX. Or any post about it being a waste of money. I don't care! I just want to know if BT sticks the APEX on the end of the regular BT-47 and BT-M16 kits. Thanks for any insight!

Edited by TIPPY98ACT - 05 June 2007 at 8:05pm
98 A.C.T
J&J 12"
R/T
Revvy
Tapco Stock

A5
Lapco Bigshot and J&J 12"
E-Grip (A.P.E)
Vortex
Lightning Rod
Q.E.P.H
Richochet Hopper
GTA Double Trigger
Remote Line
Special Op's A5A2 Stock
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 12:14am
No they don't.  The barrel front underneath the Apex tip was molded to fit the apex tip perfectly and so the metal barrel itself is ugly without the Apex tip (or should I say uglier).

So you can do what I did...
Buy a UMS Apex adapter
Buy a J&J Barrel
Buy a nice looking M-16 Barrel suppressor tip (from Opsgear.com or elsewhere)

When you want to have the Apex ON have it on your J&J with the UMS adapter
When you want a much cooler looking barrel slide off the Apex and slide on the Barrel suppressor tip.

--Side note... if you get a J&J Ceramic and want the M-16 shroud to be perfectly far back touching the front of the marker like it should be... the barrel will need to be shaved down one inch at the end of the barrel because it's outside diameter is wider that last inch of the barrel.
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 9:46am
Phil has it right on.
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPY98ACT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 4:38pm
Thanks Phil and carl. I already have a J&J for both of my gun's (see sig). Maybe I will look into getting the UMS adapter soon. I think for now I'm just going to get the BT-47 barrel kit without the APEX tip and the AK clip from opsgear. I play with three different people who have A5's or a 98 that look like a M4 tactical (M-16). A good friend of mine has this and once I held it in my hands I fell in love with it. My A5 will soon look just like it. Accept I can shoot mine full auto. Legally!

Edited by TIPPY98ACT - 06 June 2007 at 4:44pm
98 A.C.T
J&J 12"
R/T
Revvy
Tapco Stock

A5
E-Grip (A.P.E)
Vortex
Lightning Rod
Q.E.P.H
Richochet Hopper
GTA Double Trigger
Remote Line
Special Op's A5A2 Stock
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2007 at 11:39pm
You are sticking the AK-47 Apex Barrel on the A5 right!!?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPY98ACT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 5:31pm
Yah, except without the APEX tip on it. Why? Don't worry I wasn't going to put it on my friends real AK-47!

Edited by TIPPY98ACT - 07 June 2007 at 5:35pm
98 A.C.T
J&J 12"
R/T
Revvy
Tapco Stock

A5
E-Grip (A.P.E)
Vortex
Lightning Rod
Q.E.P.H
Richochet Hopper
GTA Double Trigger
Remote Line
Special Op's A5A2 Stock
phil_stl View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 flaming 3/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil_stl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 11:32am
I thought you were going to put it on the 98 custom and I would have said not to cause the 98 body is too small and it looks bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic