Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7: Expansion vs. Regulator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
proudfather01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudfather01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7: Expansion vs. Regulator
    Posted: 05 June 2007 at 2:06pm
 I just purchased an X7, and can hardly wait for it to show up at my doorstep!!! First of all I do realize that there is not currently an expansion chamber available for the X7. I have noticed that several people recommend running HPA through the X7, but that is not an option available to me. So my question is should I run a stabilizer or regulator on my X7 to help with velocity spikes? Or has anyone heard if there will soon be an expansion chamber available for the X7? Thanks in advance for any help.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 2:49pm
Well, unless you get a Female Stabilizer to replace the ASA... you will find the same problem in regards to installing a regulator, as you would an expansion chamber.

Expansion Chambers and Regs are, for the most part, universal. So long as you have a vertical adapter, installing one is relatively easy. Unfortunately, the X7 seems to lack such an adapter.

I haven't heard anything in regards to vert adapter availability. I would assume one would eventually materialize, given the popularity of adding regulators/expansion chambers.

If you run remote, you can easily add an expansion chamber by screwing one into your ASA and then fitting a QD nipple on the 1/8"NPT hole of the chamber for remote connection.

Otherwise... Palmer Female Stabilizer might be the easiest way to go.

Get yourself a universal mount for an A-5 (which should fit the X7's gripframe), then a Palmer Female Stab Mount (block or ring) and Female Stabilizer. Hopefully the stock gas line on the X7 will reach the fitting on the FemStab. I can't say with any degree of certainty whether it will or not.

Good luck!
Let us know how it goes.
SilentDeath1288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilentDeath1288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 3:21pm
also if you run a remote you can run an inline stabilizer so you will not have to look at the stablizer on the gun.
A5 under construction with Ebolt
http://www.a5og.net/showthread.php?t=5009
98c
http://www.a5og.net/showthread.php?t=5893
proudfather01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudfather01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 3:27pm

Well I do have a remote system I can use. Can I just put the regulator that I found online on the co2 cannister, then screw the remote into the top of that? I haven't run across any expansion chambers that look like they would screw directly over the co2. Sorry if that is a silly question, but I would rather ask and look silly, then not ask and end up looking even sillier.

Thanks,

Lyle

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 5:10pm

Putting a HPA reg on a CO2 tank isnt going to do you any good.

What Shorty meant was taking an expansion chamber, like an X-Core for instance, and screwing it directly into the ASA (where you screw the CO2 in). Then, attach a quick-disconnect nipple to the expansion chamber. The remote line would then attach to the QD.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic