Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lighter trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tippmann_playa View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 2/19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lighter trigger
    Posted: 05 June 2007 at 1:49am
I have a A.P.E. Rampage board installed with a JCS dual finger trigger. I am trying to find a way to lighten the effort needed to fire. Does anyone have any ideas? Appreciated.
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
Collapsible Carbine Stock
JCS Double Finger
Flatline w/ Battle Shroud
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 8:29am

Try a lighter trigger spring and pre- and/or post-travel stops for your trigger.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 8:51am

Do you have the JCS Duel Trigger or just a Double Trigger?

Edited by StormyKnight - 05 June 2007 at 8:52am
SilentDeath1288 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilentDeath1288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 12:47pm
as sinisternorth said, try a lighter spring,  i think pen springs will be a good choice for both springs, not just the return spring.  and dont reget to tune the JCS trigger.

Edited by SilentDeath1288 - 05 June 2007 at 12:47pm
A5 under construction with Ebolt
http://www.a5og.net/showthread.php?t=5009
98c
http://www.a5og.net/showthread.php?t=5893
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 8:16pm

I am going to ask what might be considered by some a stupid question, but I have no experience actually using an A-5 with E-grip. Aren't you depressing an electric switch when you pull the trigger similarly to how the E-Bolt electronics operate? The electric switch on my E-Bolt "fires" with only 1oz of finger pressure. Once I installed both fore and aft trigger travel stops I don't think things can be improved upon!

killerhalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2007 at 11:46pm
it fires when u pull the trigger but the trigger lifts up and the the gun fires. i am thinkin that if you take the trigger spring out it wont work us a small light pen spring
Tippmann_playa View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 2/19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2007 at 11:00pm
A light pen spring sounds like it might do the trick. I will try that out thanks guys. And just totel you guys so i dont sound like an idiot, I knew what i needed to do to make it lighter (i should have put the question better) but I meant is there a kit or anything out there for this?
Tippmann A-5
APE Rampage
68/3000(remote)
Collapsible Carbine Stock
JCS Double Finger
Flatline w/ Battle Shroud
14' Progressive Rifled
Squeeshies
Lightning Rod
Vortex Mod
Sly Profit
EMRD
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 12:00pm

Maddmann Products spring kit

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Mr. Doodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2007 at 11:51pm

Originally posted by SilentDeath1288 SilentDeath1288 wrote:

as sinisternorth said, try a lighter spring,  i think pen springs will be a good choice for both springs, not just the return spring.  and dont reget to tune the JCS trigger.

yeah just google "98 custom pen spring mod"

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic