FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vintage Scripto lighter help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vintage Scripto lighter help
    Posted: 03 June 2007 at 12:23pm

So, I found this while cleaning out my uncle's garage a month ago and decided I wanted to get it working. It's a vintage Scripto flip top butane lighter. The date that is engraved in it reads 1967.

Now, I've managed to get the old powdered up flint out and will be buying some new ones soon.

My question is how do I refill the butane? I'm a n00b when it comes to lighters, so I'd appreciate the help.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 12:46pm
http://www.pipeshop.com/faq.htm#refill

The GIFs are hysterical.

I just reflinted/refilled and fired up two of my dads old pipe Zippos today.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
little devil View Drop Down
one language strike, 2/23/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 1:12pm
buy a bottle of butane, inject it through the bottom of the lighter.

Edited by little devil - 03 June 2007 at 1:31pm
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 2:49pm

The thing is, the bottom is solid and if the "sheath" comes off, I have to get find a way to get it off. Any ideas?

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 3:14pm
pull
DugOut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DugOut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 3:29pm
It been awhile since i saw one that old. I also beleave the case pulls off. If there is a mall near you that has a tobacco shop within, they will give you a more heads up. You could call them or probably ask anyone over 50yrs old. Or even better yet, ask your uncle!
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 6:18pm

its probably like a zippo.

open the lighter as if you were gonna light it, then hold onto the bottom and pull at the top where the holes are around the wick and it should just come out

after that, there should be a little hole that you can put butane into

i dont know about those but on zippos theres a screw on the bottom after you take it out of the case that you unscrew and put a new flint into

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 7:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic