Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acts like its out of co2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1fox2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1fox2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acts like its out of co2
    Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:00pm
I picked up a 98c from a guy at work, 70 bucks, complete gun, hopper, mask, 20oz and a 9oz tanks.

went to test fire it today and it fires like its running out of co2, and wont launch a ball more than 10 feet, I tested it with my 98c and it worked fine so I know it had co2

looking for suggestions before i tear it down
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 3:19pm

Possibly a worn sear/sear spring. Ball dentent might be in backwards as well. Check for leaks like usual. $70 was a good deal, and 98C's are almost impossible to totally destroy. How far in was the velocity screw as well? Maybe power tube could be cracked...

Honestly after you open it up you should be able to find the problem pretty easy. How was the guy on maintaining the gun when he had it? Left it to sit around for months or actually took care of it?

98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
1fox2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1fox2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:05pm
When I got it it had some paint on the hopper as well as inside the hopper, the elbow as well had some paint, other than that it was just dusty, I am thinking of using it as parts, but if it can be fixed I may sell it to my younger brother.

I didnt check the velocity screw or anything like that, Im new to tearin down markers, gonna need a few weeks to learn things.

thanks for the reply
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 1:04am
Check the Valve bolts. If they are loose, or one is missing. That can cause the problem.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
1fox2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1fox2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2007 at 7:11pm
finally got a day off from work to tear down the marker, everything looks ok inside, the sear doesnt appear to be overly worn, it did have paint inside. I cleaned all that up, I cant test it today but will tommorow, I did notice that the ball latch is all chewed up. Could that cause any problems?
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by 1fox2go 1fox2go wrote:

I did notice that the ball latch is all chewed up. Could that cause any problems?

Yes, double-feeds and chops.

Anyway, it doesnt take much sear/hammer wear to get full-auto problems. Sometimes it looks fine and it wont work, go figure.
1fox2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1fox2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2007 at 5:46pm
alrite well, i got to test it, it fires ok but does chop balls. So next to order is a ball latch. But just tearing it down and reassembling made it launch the ball.

thanks for the input if it acts up again I will work on the sear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic