FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anti-Siphon Tube....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti-Siphon Tube....
    Posted: 30 May 2007 at 5:05pm
....What is it?

I just Bought an Ion, and it says that I can only use anti-siphon CO2 in it. It doesn't really matter because I'm getting a nitro tank for it, but I was just curious. 

P.S. Sorry, I wasn't sure where to post this.
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 1:03am
It's a tube that goes into the C02 tank.  About halfway or so down it curves toward the topside of the tank so it will be (for a lack of better words) snorkeling above the liquid C02.  This helps stop liquid C02 from getting into the delicate innards of your Ion if you were to use such a setup.
druidsdecendant View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language 9/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote druidsdecendant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:15am

this is an antisiphon tube:

68 Classic Mag; PMI .68 Magnum; Maxed Stage5 Ion; M98 Scenario creation in the works; - You EPunks are all alike-all mouth until you reach the tailgate section of the field...then you "were j/j"
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:42am
Yep, they're right on with that. If you have a CO2 tank and you don't plan on selling it, put an anti-siphon tube in and keep it as a back up. I got one for my 16oz and it works really well, keeps a lot of liquid out of my guns (compared to my 20oz without the upgrade). I plan on getting one for the 20oz too. Reverting to CO2 sucks but it's not as bad with the tube installed.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 10:26am
Thanks, I think I'll do that.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 11:59am
also, if you use C02 with anti-siphon and you get a pretty penny to spend on your Ion, seriously look into a Palmer Stabilizer(Male) with the combination of the Siphon tube and the Stabilizer that will probably be extremely close in consistency as running High pressure HPA.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

also, if you use C02 with anti-siphon and you get a pretty penny to spend on your Ion, seriously look into a Palmer Stabilizer(Male) with the combination of the Siphon tube and the Stabilizer that will probably be extremely close in consistency as running High pressure HPA.

Yep, it is pretty close. I was just outside doing target practice a few days ago and my nitro tank is getting hydro tested so I had to use CO2. The anti-siphoned tank with the stabilizer on my a5 worked pretty nicely. Using the other tank, however, sucked pretty hard even with the regulator. I wouldn't say that getting the stabilizer makes it perform equally well but it's close enough that it makes a good backup. The stabilizer keeps velocity extremely consistent with nitro though so it's good to have either way.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 1:47pm
The tube would do nothing if your running off a remote hose correct? The liquid would all be at the bottom at that point and the tube would just be redundent?
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 1:49pm
^Yep. Unless your running a Regulator on the Hose, there is no point of using a Expansion chamber/anti-siphon if your using a remote.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 1:53pm
I'm thinking the best would be the remote hose running to a Palmers. Unless I come across a better set-up idea then that, that is what I'm shooting for.
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 1:57pm
I'd go for it. I'd do the same but I don't like being "tied" to my Gun. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:11pm
Tied?
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 2:13pm
Just if I was running threw some Brush and instead of normally just blowing right threw it, I get snagged and I feel alot of tension thats trying to rip my marker out of my hand.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 3:12pm
Oh I get what you mean. Yeah running with the remote hose will take some getting used to, but I would rather deal with that then having the tank on my gun. Preference thing I guess.
98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 4:26pm
I've never cared for remotes.  My buddy seems to like his well enough.  I just don't like the idea of getting hooked on brush and branches.  Besides, there are times when I'm so close to the flag, I'll put the marker down, make the grab and run un-hindered.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by StormyKnight StormyKnight wrote:

I've never cared for remotes.  My buddy seems to like his well enough.  I just don't like the idea of getting hooked on brush and branches.  Besides, there are times when I'm so close to the flag, I'll put the marker down, make the grab and run un-hindered.

Yea, I don't like remotes. I used to use one, but it always got in my way, and also there is more to go wrong because instead of having just one valve from your tank for things to go wrong on, you now have two and in some cases three.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic