Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 rampage board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 rampage board
    Posted: 30 May 2007 at 3:57am
Well, as the title suggests, this is about putting a rampage board in my A5. It's been getting great reviews and I really want to try one out on my A5 since it's my primary gun. However, I don't feel like buying the whole egrip just for the grip and then having a useless WAS board laying around. Now, here's where I need some help. Does anybody know, preferably owners of the egrip, if the stock grip can be modified to fit the electronics in it? My plan is to just take a dremel to the thing and cut/grind away at the grip to basically make it into the same grip that comes with the egrip kit. I don't use the stock grip so I'm not too worried about messing it up. I mostly just need to know if the grip that comes with the kit is radically different than the stock one or if it just has some material missing to allow the electronics to fit nicer. I couldn't really find very good pictures to make an accurate comparison for myself so I'm hoping some egrip owners might be willing to take a look for me.

I'm thinking that they are the same thing except for a slot to put the board in and a groove for the solenoid and capacitor to rest in. If that's the case I should be able to get a board to sit snugly without a problem and that will save me $100. I was also considering an attempt at getting it to fit in my 98 but that seems like it might be a bit more difficult judging by the shape of the new 98 receivers. Well, let me know what you guys think, especially if you've attempted this already.

Edited by mod98commando - 30 May 2007 at 3:57am
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland
Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey
Me: But only if they're hungary
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2007 at 3:56pm

I don't know of anyone that has done it.  But if you want to save yourself the work, you can buy E-Grip Without A Board (Bag O Parts) http://www.tippmannparts.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.pr odInfo&productID=975&categoryID=38

from TippmannParts.com.  Comes with everything you need to put an Egrip together without the board.  The only thing you have to figure out, is whether it is an inexpensive enough purchase.  Otherwise, I'd just buy the WAS boarded Egrip and swap it out for the Rampage.  You could try to recoup the money by putting the WAS board on Ebay.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 5:22am
Well, I checked into getting the stuff on that site after seeing it in a search and it seems like it would cost me $106 to get the board and the necessary parts to get the job done. I don't mind borrowing parts from my old grip since I have a metal one on the gun now so all I need to get is the pin and the sear right? That kit is $70 which seems a bit pricey considering the parts you get and if I already have most of them, $13 for the pin and sear is much more appealing. I also noticed that, according to that site, there were some changes to the rear bolt, is it also necessary to change that or was that just to make things easier on tippmann? Doesn't seem like there was any change in functionality so I didn't plan on getting a new one. Basically, my choices are to pay $106 for everything I or mod my stock grip and pay $86 instead. I could just buy everything but the grip and see how the modding goes but I'd rather order everything at once so I only pay for shipping one time. Gotta save some money for cyclone mods too.

Speaking of cyclone mods, how do you like the Vortex? I saw that all the TechT cyclone mods got good reviews but I always like to hear from as many people as possible before buying. I don't know that I plan on shooting 25 bps with my A5 but I'd definitely like the option since it's fun to mess around with. I've heard some people say that a modded cyclone can actually feed fine at 25 bps though I've never seen it so I'm a little skeptical.
Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 10:16pm
I haven't used the marker since I upgraded the Vortex.  I have the Cyclone torn down right now because I'm going to add the QEPH and Lightning Bolt mod.  I'll get it slapped together one of these days and we'll see how far I can push the marker.  If I can hit 25bps with no breaks, that's where it will stand.  Otherwise, I'll be setting it at 20bps, which is way more than plenty.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 8:51am
Ah, I see. Well, post something when you get to test it out. I was planning on buying the rampage board and all the TechT cyclone upgrades in the near future so I'm curious if they work as nicely as some people say they do.

Edited by mod98commando - 01 June 2007 at 8:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic