FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bright Move by "Joe Brave"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bright Move by "Joe Brave"
    Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:12pm
Today I was returning on my Harley from a short trip. I had on my West Point "Army" jacket and the rest was standard "biker" type garb. While sitting at a traffic light, Joe Brave came up alongside me and yelled from his car "fword the military" and scooted off. I just popped around the car infront of me turn and followed, Joe Brave was yucking it up with girlfriend when when I pulled along side at the next light. Those who know me know my usual intro: "Listen up Heero" that I directed towards Joe Brave. The look as he turned and saw me was priceless. My statement of we could step outside and discuss his dislike of the military was met with astonishing silence as girlfreind states "great, you po'd a biker" and her look was also priceless as the yuucks turned to aprehension. He quickly rolled up the window, lacking the intestinal fortatude to back up his statement, and drove on. I could tell he would not come out of the car at the get go...but it was priceless just to see his and her faces as a "biker" took unusual interest in thier actrivities.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:18pm
ha....hahaha...hahahahahaha

I wish I saw the guy...
Que pasa?

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:18pm
I don't follow?  Is this an actual story, or some sort of subliminal attack?
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:21pm
Nice. Too bad you couldnt have shown him a lesson...
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:25pm
He was more intimidated by the fact that an old man in leather was following him and staring at him.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:27pm

So we are bragging about road rage now?

gg

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:30pm
Na, just an interesting interlude on my trip home....BTW sorry no leather, Black Diamond Gusset biker jeans, black gloves, biker boots, black 1/4 helmet, black wrap around glasses, a chain wallet and a drive chain belt.

Edited by oldsoldier - 28 May 2007 at 10:32pm
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:32pm
good thing he didnt have a CCW. coulda gotten ugly....if i was you i woulda followed him to his house or whatever and drove off and went back later with my dog and let it take a dump on his lawn, promise to clean it up but never come back
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:34pm

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Na, just an interesting interlude on my trip home....

There is a name for the type of "interlude" that involves following a total stranger to a stop and challenging him to fisticuffs over a random insult in traffic.

That name is "road rage", and it is totally infantile.

gg.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

So we are bragging about road rage now?

gg

Where's the road rage?  I read a story where the guy in the car went out of his way to be a butthead and got called on it.  OS stated that he knew from the start the guy wouldn't back up his words so all he did was help the guy realize it himself.  This is really no different from what happens when someone finally stands up to the schoolyard bully and it becomes apparent that said bully is all bluster. 

Was it smart to follow the guy?  Probably not, he could have been a nut with a gun.  Was it mature?  Probably not, but I can't judge based on that because I've done similar things.

Would the world be a better place if the jerks out there had to worry more about possible uncivilized responses to their out of line behavior?  Yeah, it probably would.

Edited Note:  Car dude is probably the type who acts tough on the internet as well.

Edited by Mack - 28 May 2007 at 10:53pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:37pm
I was not raged, just thought it would be funny, for the effect of a "biker" in the window. The infantile part was the brave insult that initiated this event. The deterant effect of the possible prevention of a repeat offense was well worth it and now the shadow of doubt is put into Joe Brave to repeat the exercise, possibly with a more "dramatic" result.

Edited by oldsoldier - 28 May 2007 at 10:41pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:53pm

I have no doubt that OS was not "enraged".  But he still chose to follow a total stranger to a confrontation that could easily have become lethal, despite OS' misplaced confidence that the guy "wouldn't back it up".  A bunch of people die every year after learning that the guy did, in fact, back it up.

Foolish and infantile.

OS' efforts toward "deterrant" is even more infantile.  OS is the road police?  "Repeat offense"?

Foolish and infantile, mixed with delusions of grandeur.

Enraged or not, this is a textbook example of road rage.  Thankfully the other guy had more brains than OS here, and didn't rise to the childish challenge.

Seriously, OS, I thought you above this.  A punk fresh out of boot camp, yes.  But you?  I am flabbergasted.

Apu View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Funny/Ironic Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:55pm
You do realize that you tried to fight somebody for exercising their first amendment right, something extremly hypricritical for you of all people to do.
I need a new Sig...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 11:00pm
Clark, its is a generational thing. This individual believed he was beyond reproach for his remarks, and had no fear of any resposibilty for his actions. As you know I did time as a Police Officer and have the ability to make an initial observation of threat potential. This kid was just letting his hormones and attitude to impress override his ability to rationalize the potential. I just reassured him that there are those out there that could of escolated this the other way. If he pulled alongside a local Pagan or Diablo in his "I am a veteran jacket", and repeated this exercise, yes this eposode in his life could or would have been a lot differant than an old vet getting a laugh.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

You do realize that you tried to fight somebody for exercising their
first amendment right, something extremly hypricritical for you of all
people to do.

But it's his right as a 'merican to do whatever the hell he wants, and you cant take that away from him.

I agree though, of all of OS's ranting old-man posts, this flies in the face of everything he "stands for"
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by GI JOES SON GI JOES SON wrote:

good thing he didnt have a CCW. coulda gotten ugly....if i was you i woulda followed him to his house or whatever and drove off and went back later with my dog and let it take a dump on his lawn, promise to clean it up but never come back

ROFL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 11:09pm
You all do not get it, no violence was intended, just the reaction of someone realizing he screwed up, and it could of been a lot worse for him if he had thrown his insult at someone a little more prone to violence. Too much of the new "PC" here. Responsibility has a price, and too many here are not willing to pay it. They both type cast me as a "biker" and reacted accordingly, the "Army" thing was just bravo sierra bravado on his part, or being "cool" in front of girlfriend. My 1st Admendment right to respond was also a viable action, instead of silence. Too many forget that part of Freedom of Speech. And if by chance I was a Pagan or Diablo, this young man would have met a worse fate than my laugh.

Edited by oldsoldier - 28 May 2007 at 11:11pm
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Apu Apu wrote:

You do realize that you tried to fight somebody for exercising their first amendment right, something extremly hypricritical for you of all people to do.

I fail to see your logic here =\

The First Amendment is a two way street, if you say something, anybody else has the right to refute it.  In this a random fellow insulted him and he chose to respond.  If anything it backs up the First Amendment.

And I don't see anywhere where OS said he was looking for a fight
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 11:16pm

While I agree that OS's response was a shade thoughtless for his own safety, I think responses to OS's posts on this forum are exaggerated and overstated because of the poster. Give the guy a break. This is far less testosterone laden than alot of the other OMG I KIKD HIS AS posts that across here.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 11:24pm

Originally posted by OS OS wrote:

Clark, its is a generational thing.

Nope.  This type of stupidity spans all ages, although it is more common among young punks.  I've seen this many times, across a full span of generations.

You all do not get it, no violence was intended, just the reaction of someone realizing he screwed up

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

And I don't see anywhere where OS said he was looking for a fight

I refer you both to:

My statement of we could step outside and discuss his dislike of the military

So, OS - you are telling me that if he said "ok" and started to walk outside, you would have said "oops, just bluffing", and gotten back on your bike?  I don't think so.

The ONLY thing that kept this stupid confrontation from becoming a violent stupid confrontation was the other guy's maturity and/or cowardice.  Frankly, it doesn't matter which it was - either was better than OS' approach.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic