FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bright Move by "Joe Brave"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 6:37am
It is a shame that there are still us Neanderthals that believe in the ways of John Wayne (BTW 100ys B'day weekend) in personal honor rather than the current crop of Al Gore wusses. It is a shame I am not part of a "protected class" that could feel the insult warrented a lawsuit, me be represented by the ACLU and possibly even Clark, but alas I am just a poor old white boy today in America, so take the insult, put tail and honor between the legs and scurry away, the current way of the new American male.
Yes it is more the poster, than the action.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by OS OS wrote:

Clark, its is a generational thing.

Nope.  This type of stupidity spans all ages, although it is more common among young punks.  I've seen this many times, across a full span of generations.

What do you mean by punks?
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 8:58am

Seriously, OS, I thought you above this.  A punk fresh out of boot camp, yes.  But you?  I am flabbergasted.

Sweet, I can't wait till I can start fighting people over roadrage without anyone thinking otherwise, because that's whats expected of me.

Infantile.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 10:55am
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

It is a shame that there are still us Neanderthals that believe in the ways of John Wayne (BTW 100ys B'day weekend) in personal honor rather than the current crop of Al Gore wusses. It is a shame I am not part of a "protected class" that could feel the insult warrented a lawsuit, me be represented by the ACLU and possibly even Clark, but alas I am just a poor old white boy today in America, so take the insult, put tail and honor between the legs and scurry away, the current way of the new American male.
Yes it is more the poster, than the action.

Did that have anything at all to do with the topic at hand? Or just an excuse to vent about people/things you don't like?

Apparently, Jesus Christ was one of my generations' Al Gore wussies.

Originally posted by Matthew 5:39 Matthew 5:39 wrote:

But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Also, quick question, what did the ACLU have to do with all this again?

Edited by Tae Kwon Do - 29 May 2007 at 11:06am
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 11:42am

As soon as I read the opening post I knew what this would turn into.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 11:54am
It is amazing, how many here thought the initial intent was to "beat his a ", just the opposite, but again look who we are dealing with here. Where Duty, Honor, Country is to be forever superceded by current "PC" correctness.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:01pm

Where Duty, Honor, Country is to be forever superceded by current "PC" correctness.

Questions.

1) What does "duty, honor, country" have to do with chasing a teenager on a motorcycle.

2) What does political correctness have to do with anything even remotely brought up in this thread?

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:09pm
The guy you chased, was he driving a Jeep Liberty? He sounds like on of them Jeep Liberty kids.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:10pm
So Tea if I called you a "X" made a offensive gesture in your direction there would be NO response at all from you, interesting? Too many today lack a sense of personal honor, no we do not need duels in the streets but maybe a defined standard of appropiate behavior. To let this teenager off by ignoring his actions will reinforce his belief in his ability to do whatever to whoever with no consequence, simple concept. And yes today's PC world is wimping the American male to a point of almost being female in behavior when confronted. Yes it is generational......
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:12pm
Meh, sounds like a fun little experiment to see if the kid had his reasons for hating the military.

Im sure a biker would make me piss myself, but then again, I wouldnt have yelled something like that to someone who obviously is for the thing I dislike.

There is a time and place to voice your opinion, and driving past someone on the road is definatly not the place to be yelling such things.

This wasnt so much immature by OS, it was obvious that it was just a kid trying to show off for his woman, no real danger. And if anything showed the kid how unsafe he was being. But as usual, OS starts a thread, TKD and CK will take everything OS says and spin it against him.

Its fun to watch for awhile, then it just gets stupid. Noone on this forum seeks out to disprove another forumer more than you guys(OS, TKD, CK, and others). But I really dont see OS going to your threads and picking at everything you guys post though....

Edited by Monk - 29 May 2007 at 12:13pm
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:19pm

So Tea if I called you a "X" made a offensive gesture in your direction there would be NO response at all from you, interesting?

My response would be to laugh at it. I would probably find it funny, just like I find people that give me the bird and yell at me in traffic when I don't speed to be hilarious.

What would be the point of stooping to the offensive language/obscene gesture throwing?

Quote Too many today lack a sense of personal honor, no we do not need duels in the streets but maybe a defined standard of appropiate behavior.

And where does chasing someone down in traffic fit into this level of appropriate behavior?

Quote To let this teenager off by ignoring his actions will reinforce his belief in his ability to do whatever to whoever with no consequence, simple concept.

May I present a counterpoint? To chase him down and attempt a confrontation, you reinforced his belief that he can get a rise out of someone through his offensive language.

Quote And yes today's PC world is wimping the American male to a point of almost being female in behavior when confronted. Yes it is generational......

You are going to refer back to my Jesus Christ comment.

Read the Holy Bible sometime.
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 3:40pm

[

This made me giggle.† OS, you are so arrogant that you make ME look humble.

The only difference in OS's arrogance and yours, is that his has been backed up in spades.
He has been there and done it...in places and situations that would make you cry, and soil yourself, hoping that someone like him would come and save you.

Your arrogance is purely speculation...on an internet forum that is mostly visited by malcontents and angst laden morons.
RLTW
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 3:52pm
Im not angsty, Im just horny.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:05pm
wow, this post has turned nothing more into political squabbling once again... Thanks Clark and Tae, yet again you could have simply "went on" your day without reading anything, but your respect for his "political side" brought you hear no doubt. I don't know where you two "get off" bringing stuff up.

Hell as I see it, hopefully he taught the young man a little lesson... "think before you speak" what would happen if OS did nothing, and a few weeks later a gentlemen wearing a Army Coat or something was having a "really bad day" decided "hey... I'd really like to see the insides of this kid."

I'm pretty sure OS knew what he was doing when he "asked him to step out" doesn't matter, it's a little story, I enjoyed it I didn't think "OMGZORZ! what happened if some one got kicked in the shin!"
-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:13pm
suckit os
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by Ken Majors Ken Majors wrote:

This made me giggle.  OS, you are so arrogant that you make ME look humble.

The only difference in OS's arrogance and yours, is that his has been backed up in spades.
He has been there and done it...in places and situations that would make you cry, and soil yourself, hoping that someone like him would come and save you.

Your arrogance is purely speculation...on an internet forum that is mostly visited by malcontents and angst laden morons.

Any other random guesses about my past that you would like to throw out there?

I see you share the central core of OS' arrogance:  That military combat experience > all other experience.

The truth, of course, is that everybody has a variety of experiences, and different experiences are valuable in different situations.  I have undertaken tasks in my life that many others would not do - and have not done.  I have done/not done many other things that I am ashamed of.  I have succeeded at many things, and failed at many things.  I have lived a full life with the normal amount of experiences, just like everybody else.

Age aside for the moment, for every experience that you or OS have that I do not, I have an experience that you do not.  It is foolish beyond compare to simply declare one set of experiences "better" than another.  Better is relative. 

Has OS done things that would make me wet my pants?  Maybe, maybe not.  Perhaps I have even done some things that would frighten OS?  Who knows? 

If we were in a combat zone, I would indeed listen closely to what OS had to say.  But in fact we are not, and OS has time and again shown himself woefully ignorant of the goings-on in the real world.  What on earth is the particular experience that OS has and I do not that makes him better skilled at road rage?

I could start bragging about my accomplishments and turn this into a pissing match right now, but that would make me no better than you and him.  I don't base my self-worth on declaring myself badder than other people.  That kind of behavior, much like OS' behavior in his initial post, is only appropriate for children.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:37pm
Next time I hear some one disrespect the police, I'm going to follow them. I mean, it's only fair. Since apparantly everyone in this country has to respect the police no matter what. If they have to respect the military, don't they have to respect police? There are some differences, for instance, police are killed by our own citizens.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Thanks Clark and Tae, yet again you could have simply "went on" your day without reading anything, but your respect for his "political side" brought you hear no doubt.

This point was made several times in this thread.  Yet it is false (at least for me; I will let Whale speak for himself).

I routinely agree with OS in threads on this board.  Heck, there is a thread just further down this page where I am vocally agreeing with him.  Often I agree but don't post - you may have noticed that I usually post when I am disagreeing about something.

I do not seek out OS to disagree with him.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:48pm

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Thanks Clark and Tae, yet again you could have simply "went on" your day without reading anything, but your respect for his "political side" brought you hear no doubt.

This point was made several times in this thread.  Yet it is false (at least for me; I will let Whale speak for himself).

I routinely agree with OS in threads on this board.  Heck, there is a thread just further down this page where I am vocally agreeing with him.  Often I agree but don't post - you may have noticed that I usually post when I am disagreeing about something.

I do not seek out OS to disagree with him.

Respect me...now.

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Next time I hear some one disrespect the police, I'm going to follow them. I mean, it's only fair. Since apparantly everyone in this country has to respect the police no matter what. If they have to respect the military, don't they have to respect police? There are some differences, for instance, police are killed by our own citizens.

I'm talking out of my ass because I don't have any numbers, but I'd be almost willing to bet that police "mistakes" end up with dead innocents almost as often as police are killed in the line of duty.
Between that, the massive amounts of corruption involving police all across the country, and just a general disdain for many of our nation's stupid laws, I can see why people don't respect the 5-0.

That's one of the reasons I don't want to be a cop. I'd love to be a detective, but I have little respect for most cops, since 90% of them seem to be on a power trip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic