FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Noob tips...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noob tips...
    Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:26am

Seems like it's noob season on the forum again...combined with my sleep deprivation, I thought I'd post some survival tips for those diving into the shark tank here-

1-LEARN TO WRITE

Probably the number one thing that will get you ridiculed, humiliated, and possibly touched innapropriately by a mod around here is writing a two hundred word essay outlining your entire life history in one paragraph, with no periods or commas. This is the hardest thing to pound into people's brains...use all of the keys on the keyboard, beacusesentenceslikethismakeyoureyesbleed. And for crying out loud, use a few upper case letters now and then. It won't hurt.

2-DON'T POST EVERYTHING THAT POPS INTO YOUR MIND

While a few useless posts are cool now and then to pass time, 80% of the newb fodder around here consists of someone trying to instigate a massive debate over things nobody cares about. You can use the search button (which I'll get to in a moment) and get a general idea what this (picky) forum cares to hear about.

3-STOP ARGUING

So you've posted some ridiculous BS and you're getting flamed-why not verify your n00b status by turning hardcore with they keyboard? Seriously-it's a forum. Trying to make a comeback to the random yo momma jokes around here just further shows that you have no concept of this forum.

4-SEARCH....BUTTON...

Yay...post number 5000 about your 1337 paintball knife...using the search button to see if your topic's already been covered (I assure you, it has) will save you from anal violation around here.

5-NOBODY CARES

You'll get no sympathy here, so you're better off not bothering with the "OMG MY LIFE SUKS" threads. There are a few considerate souls around that'll hear out genuine issues that people actually care about, but honestly nobody wants to hear you whine about your bad grades and dandruff.

6-STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU KNOW PEOPLE

Jumping in on forum arguments between long time members over issues you know nothing about makes you a tool. Alot of the people here have conversed either on the forum or elsewhere for a long time.

7-DON'T RAMP YOUR POST COUNT

If you're a platinum member your first year-you have no life.

8-NO, THIS IS NOT THE DELL SUPPORT PAGE

Posting your computer problems is fine-expecting serious, educated answers is not.

Anyway, feel free to add to the list.

/rant

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:33am
9. Anonymous does not forgive.

I suggest we revise the title of rule 4 to Lurk Moar.

Also, we should add Rule 34 to the list.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry itís Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:46am
Sticky?
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 11:16am
Rule 34 goes without saying.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 11:51am
Also add that once posted, a thread is 'in the public domain', and we can do pretty much whatever we want with it, within reason.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Sticky?
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 12:34pm
very interesting i do say so myself...

What to do? View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, 4/8

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote What to do? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:17pm

Even though im a newb...I have a rule,...LOL

RULE 10. IF YOU ARE GONNA SAY SOMETHING RANDOM...WRITE IT DOWN ON A PIECE OF PAPER...not on the forums...because it gets REALLY annoying when you say random things like...*ahem* "i like steak" so you can TRY to be funny. This is a PAINTBALL fourum...not the flash animation forum....

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:24pm
RULE 11: If a long term member says something retarded its ok, if a newb does, reticule him to no end.

Edited by FROG MAN - 27 May 2007 at 10:24pm
<1 meg sig = bad>
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by What to do? What to do? wrote:

RULE 10. IF YOU ARE GONNA SAY SOMETHING RANDOM...WRITE IT DOWN ON A PIECE OF PAPER...not on the forums...because it gets REALLY annoying when you say random things like...*ahem* "i like steak" so you can TRY to be funny. This is a PAINTBALL fourum...not the flash animation forum....

/me directs this person to dave's and whale's posts.

ahem
and
ahem

Your rule is null and void.

Though, one should not expect the same acceptance of random threads that dave and Whale receive.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:25pm

You really don't understand the T&O do you?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:30pm
I want to be cool, but I have no rules to add.

Damn my lack of creativity and mature humor.
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:41pm
Don't ask for help in T&O.  We can help, but we won't.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

/me directs this person to dave's and whale's posts.

ahem
and
ahem

Your rule is null and void.

Though, one should not expect the same acceptance of random threads that dave and Whale receive.

aye; whale is a respected and veteran forumer though, plus his post had a life lesson, you can be a poor college student and still eat good. something im looking foward to next year

Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 1:17am
This is NOT a paintball forum.

It has not been for a long while.

Another random post...by a newb...noob, or nub....depending on which coast you are from.
RLTW
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 3:28pm
it's n00b season on the forum again...already?
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Ken Majors Ken Majors wrote:

This is NOT a paintball forum.

It has not been for a long while.

Another random post...by a newb...noob, or nub....depending on which coast you are from.

T&O isn't, at least.
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 5:26pm
no sporx it's noob season on the forum already again
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

RULE 11: If a long term member says something retarded its ok, if a newb does, reticule (ridicule) him to no end.

RULE 12: When coming up with clever/humorous forum rules, spell all the words in the rule correctly.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 6:31pm
Its not like the newbs are going to read this anyways.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic