FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

which is better an ak47 or m16?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

The Ak barrel is crap. When trying to shoot multiple rounds the barrel starts to bend everywhere creating inconsistant shots.

The m16 is more accurate.

The m16a1 barrel does the same thing when fired enough times.  The m249 and m240 do it damn near every time, that's why you never leave the FOB without extra barrels.

Lawlz, you beat me to it. AK barrel's are stout-and ounce for ounce the AK is far more durable than the M-16. Like you pointed out though, the AK's sighting setup leaves much to be desired out past a hundred yards or so, combined with a super stiff trigger pull and a tad harder kick than an M-16.

AK's were designed to mass produce and be rugged-you can put an AK through horrible conditions and pick it up and fire, which is why it's a legend in third world countries around the world. M-16's are designed for fast combat where target aquisition, accuracy, weight, and maneuverability give an advantage over the opposition.

Otherwise, myself I can't use AK sights worth jack crap, so for me the M-16 (or better yet, the AR-10) is an easier choice. Give me an M-1A over either any day though.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 1:34pm

Golden Eye pwned.

I want to get a .40 S&W M16. Theres a huge list of available calibers, even .50!

Im not sure if its .40 S&W, but I know for a fact theres .44, 7.62, and 9mm as well as others. It was in Guns and Ammo a month or two back

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 1:54pm

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Heres To You View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Cheated on Kelsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heres To You Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 2:18pm

Thats a good link, but I think the accuracy test proves it all.  What good is a larger round if you can't hit anything with it?

Either way, I should be getting my M4 here in about September (leaving for Iraq), I'll be sure to let you guys know how it compares to the M16.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 5:46pm
I have to say AK47 because it shoots harder than M16 (look at battles and wars between countries in jungle areas) the ak47 shoots through the trees the M16 does not. And the AK47 never jams it can withstand alot of abuse.( kinda like a tippmann :)
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by jordanpischke jordanpischke wrote:

I have to say AK47 because it shoots harder than M16 (look at battles and wars between countries in jungle areas) the ak47 shoots through the trees the M16 does not. And the AK47 never jams it can withstand alot of abuse.( kinda like a tippmann :)

Someone else want to take this?
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 7:01pm

I know i know it isnt accurate I saw stratoaxes thing and rovocops video. but stratoaxe  did mention what i was trying to say that it was made to shoot. Robocops video mentions what i was trying to say about the power.

Edited by jordanpischke - 28 May 2007 at 7:03pm
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 7:05pm
OK folks, from having been on the recieving end of AK's and SKS's and still here that should be a testiment to the accuracy of the weapon(s). At short range the AK is intimidating, but I prefere the bucking inaccuracy of ricky bad guy armed with an AK, than a trained trooper with an M16 or any of the family. I will hit you at 25-400m plus with an M16 and those 5.56 rounds (you do should more than one) will usually get the disired result. I still am not a big fan of the smaller 5.56, but the lack of motivation shown by the bad guy from the wounding will still get him to re-think his position. The AK was designed for advancing assault fire as Soviet troops advanced alongside thier APC, not for any type of accurate fire. Now a bad guy with an SVD,or an old M91/30 differant story.

Edited by oldsoldier - 28 May 2007 at 7:06pm
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 7:12pm

I know i know it isnt accurate I saw stratoaxes thing and rovocops video. but stratoaxe  did mention what i was trying to say that it was made to shoot. Robocops video mentions what i was trying to say about the power.

Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 9:37pm
m16 are more accurate, and quiet, but they jam easier

ak47's are terrible at long range, much more reliable, louder.

i would say overall, m16 is better, and if you know how to maintain it, and take the time to care for the thing that is saving your life, it should be no problem.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:55pm

Neither round shoots through trees, you fail.

Slothbutt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can’t find the short bus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slothbutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by stratoaxe stratoaxe wrote:

Neither round shoots through trees, you fail.

eh.. depends how big the tree is.
A 7.62x39 round will go through more tree then a 5.56x45.
Don't really matter though, the targets are people not trees and both have been proven to kill people just fine.

I wouldn't say one is better then the other. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Edited to show off--

I through the Angel barrel in to show I didn't just copy the pic.

Edited by Slothbutt - 28 May 2007 at 11:33pm
Linus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - language 6.29.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Heres To You Heres To You wrote:

The m16a1 barrel does the same thing when fired enough times. The m249 and m240 do it damn near every time, that's why you never leave the FOB without extra barrels.

Who cares about the M16A1? We use the M16A4.
lt redneck View Drop Down
Guested for a bunch of reasons

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lt redneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 1:02am

the ak-47 is way more reliable but not as accurate

the m16 is way more accurate but less reliable than the ak.

id rather the few shots i take count than throw many that dont count

oh and jordan  to say the ak never jams isnt entirely true.  many civilian models have an issue where the barrel is not notched in a way to lift the next round into the barrel. causing it to jam up.  but its a simple pull back bolt and shake to fix problem.

Edited by lt redneck - 29 May 2007 at 1:16am
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 1:36am
Originally posted by bork bork wrote:

BORK!
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 8:56am
HES BORKING THE THREAD    GET OUT BEFORE IT BLOWS
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic