FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What a wonderful way to wake up....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What a wonderful way to wake up....
    Posted: 24 May 2007 at 6:44am
So, I was planning on getting up early this morning to do a paper on Darkness at Noon that I've been putting off...We'll at about 5:45 this morning I felt something moving on my head while I'm laying there sleeping...As I figure out that there actually is something crawling on my head I freak and jump out of bed....Before I can get the light on, I see a small dark figure run from the head to the foot of my bed and disappear....I then proceeded, still freaked out, to hunt around a bit to find whatever the hell that was, with no luck. Then, about 10 minutes later, the damn thing runs out from under my toilet in my attached bathroom, while I happened to be using it, again freaking me out. Upon further investigation, I've yet to figure out what the damn thing was....I fogged various areas of my room with this Raid stuff we have, but I'm really hoping it was like a mouse or something...The possibility that it was a roach or something worse really freaks me out, especially since i haven't found it yet....Tonight should be...comfortable...at bedtime...gah!

But at least I got up I guess, this paper is due at one, and sleeping in would have been disastrous....Wish me luck one that, btw....prolly wont be on much till tomorrow...

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 7:22am

Down here, that would be a scorpian.

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 9:02am

As far as spiders go it's kind of cute.
I was looking for a huge, creepy, dark colored spider, but found this right away and liked it.

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 9:49am
Awww....

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 9:54am
http://www.naturephotosociety.org.sg/ASP/Article.asp?DBAPubl ishDate=8/31/2006

There is a page about it. It's a jumping spider, and that page has pictures of it attacking and killing a larger (ugly) spider. They can jump 40 times their own length.

Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:16am
LMAO at the spider pic.  I never thought one could be so cute.   And Ryan, don't let the bed bugs bite.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 10:45am
GNOMES!
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:27am
Oh god....

*Flashes back to the infamous Gnome Wars*

*Shutter*

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:31am
It wants your underwear.

It will not stop.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:32am
Originally posted by reifidom reifidom wrote:

As far as spiders go it's kind of cute.
I was looking for a huge, creepy, dark colored spider, but found this right away and liked it.

?

Edited by *Stealth* - 24 May 2007 at 11:35am
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 11:36am
I absolutely hate it when you see/feel a bug or rodent in your house, and then you can't find it to kill it. Then you are worried about it all day and night wondering whether its going to crawl on you while you sleep or crawl across your leg while you're watching TV.

Ugh. Good luck though.
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:32pm

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:34pm

Originally posted by  Rp Fr Rp Fr wrote:

I absolutely hate it when you see/feel a bug or rodent in your house, and then you can't find it to kill it. Then you are worried about it all day and night wondering whether its going to crawl on you while you sleep or crawl across your leg while you're watching TV.

Ugh. Good luck though.

i dont know if you guys have wood ticks, but ya... that happend, saw a wood tick, tried to kill it, lost it somewhere in my room..... i couldnt sleep

<1 meg sig = bad>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by FROG MAN FROG MAN wrote:

Originally posted by  Rp Fr Rp Fr wrote:

Ugh. Good luck though.

i dont know if you guys have wood ticks, but ya... that happend, saw a wood tick, tried to kill it, lost it somewhere in my room..... i couldnt sleep

I had the same thing happen to me.  Found a tick on me, flicked it, and about a week or two later, it was back on me.  Being the idiot that I am, I flicked it again.  So it's still in there somewhere.  It's probably dead by now, though; I don't think they live that long without a host.

Hopefully it wasn't a deer tick.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry its Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:39pm
This thread makes me itch all over.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

This thread makes me itch all over.

I hate thinking about ticks, especially if I'm walking through the woods, or tall grass.  I keep imagining them crawling all over me.

A few weeks ago, my cousin and I were headed down to our fishing spot, which involves a bit of a walk through the woods.  We forgot to bring any sort of repellent, and that day, I pulled about 5-6 ticks off of myself.   Luckily, I wasn't an idiot that time, and I took a match to each of them.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Actuarry its Skirret

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:48pm
Yeah, in Kentucky we have a LOT of deer ticks in the woods.  So thats why I dont play woodsball anymore 

My little brother came in one day after a walk in our back field with a BIG tick on him.  And I've been known to have 10 or more on me at once.  I hate them ugly little boogers.
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:50pm

Originally posted by Skillet42565 Skillet42565 wrote:

Yeah, in Kentucky we have a LOT of deer ticks in the woods.  So thats why I dont play woodsball anymore 

My little brother came in one day after a walk in our back field with a BIG tick on him.  And I've been known to have 10 or more on me at once.  I hate them ugly little boogers.

there only big when they have been attached to someone for awhile, so he probably had that one on him for awhile

aslo, ticks arnt out after the spring any way, late summer, and fall should be fine for woods ball

<1 meg sig = bad>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:55pm

We used to have ticks everywhere around here, but we finally found a pest control man that could do the job and I haven't seen one in months.

On a related note-I had a messed up dream last night where three black widow spiders climbed into my underwear and I was stuck strapped into a seat belt. I woke up and nearly screamed.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 3:55pm
I had a stray cat get into my room once.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic