FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Metal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal
    Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:08pm

Tae, this thread is definately not for you...

Regardless of the comments this thread will probably get, I'm lookin' for some good metal. Now, I understand music is entirely opinion (hence the reason Nickelback still has a fanbase), but I would like to hear what y'all think is good. I need some high-energy music. I'd prefer something more instrumental (like Buckethead), as opposed to the screaming stuff, which I'm not a fan of.

Thanks, yo.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:09pm
Barely in the metal category, but would Nightwish and similar epic bands suit your needs?
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:12pm

Well, it doesn't need to be metal per se, but I'd like some high-energy music, stressing guitar. I just figured metal was the epitome of this.

Edited by DeTrevni - 21 May 2007 at 1:12pm

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:14pm

The Cult.  The band has been around for a long time undergoing MANY name changes to finally become The Cult. 

The roots of this band have been around as long as the Stones have been around.  If you've never heard of them give it a listen.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 21 May 2007 at 1:15pm
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:14pm
I am not sure who buckethead is but it sounds like your more into "power metal" as opposed to "black metal"

Try Tristnia
Epica
Therion

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:16pm

You might like epic metal.  I came to epic from the metal metal side.  Not as frantic as speedmetal, but certainly plenty of energy.

The main downside is that epic bands have more slow stuff mixed in.  They also don't emphasize the guitar as much.

Give Nightwish a listen.  Their album Century Child has a good number of faster tracks.  Their recent album, Once, is mostly slow and ponderous.

Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:17pm
Between The Buried and Me
Darkest Hour
Poison the Well

That's as far as I go in the metal category. I'm really not much of a fan, but every now and then...
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:22pm
I am curious to hear Nightwish's new singer and New album, Eva. Should be released soon.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:23pm

Buckethead.

I don't know if he's actually "metal," but he's pretty heavy. I like him because he's a personality, not just another guitarist. Read his Wiki. It said he sometimes randomly breaks into nunchaku displays, someties while playing the guitar. That's awesome.

carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:26pm

I will  stay away from adding much

I like some pantera and a little slayer

Most of the metal I like though is closer to classic rock though (sabbath, judas priest)

The onyl metal I can't listen to is hardcore (aka all screaming). I go to a local hardcore show with friends every few weeks and after like 5 minutes, it all blends together.

Would saying nonpoint make me less of a man?

<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:28pm
Oh try G3.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:36pm

Children of Bodom. Really amazing guitar work, the vocals can get a little annoying after continued listening but good for a 3-5 song stint.

Pantera, try songs like "Walk" and "Cowboys from Hell"

Avenged Sevenfold might have some songs that you would like, if your really into guitar work try out "Eternal Rest". For clean vocals download the songs "M.I.A" and "Strength of the World"

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:45pm
Ahem...

• Hatebreed
  • In Flames
  • Soilwork
  • A bullet for my Valentine(kinda Emo, but their good)
  • Kittie
  • The Miranda Project
  • Archenemy
  • Mudvayne
  • Cradle of Filth
  • Lamb of God
  • kill switch engaged
  • Stone Sour
  • Fear Factory
  • Static X
  • Clifton
  • Demon Hunter(their... Christian, but their good)
  • Shadows Fall
  • Cannibal Corpse
I can find ya more, but these are just the ones that I was surfing threw on my ipod.

Edited by Panda Man - 21 May 2007 at 1:51pm
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Ahem...

• Hatebreed
  • In Flames
  • Soilwork
  • A bullet for my Valentine(kinda Emo, but their good)
  • Kittie
  • The Miranda Project
  • Archenemy
  • Mudvayne
  • Cradle of Filth
  • Lamb of God
  • kill switch engaged
  • Stone Sour
  • Fear Factory
  • Static X
  • Clifton
  • Demon Hunter(their... Christian, but their good)
  • Shadows Fall
  • Cannibal Corpse
I can find ya more, but these are just the ones that I was surfing threw on my ipod.
Cradle of fitlh is so meh these days. If your gonna listen to em, try some songs from "Midian" or "Dusk and Her Embrace"
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:56pm
I never said their new stuff was good... like you said, it is Sub-par at best... but like all Metal bands, they make maybe 1 or 2 killer albums, then they get confused and start to suck. Kinda like In Flames, and especially... Slipknot, ugh... those guys used to be kinda good till their 3rd album
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:11pm
Ill Nino is a good band
God View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Pull My Finger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:18pm
I disagree, I think In Flames became better with age.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:19pm
oh Snap! I forgot about Devil Driver, and underoath.

Edited by Panda Man - 21 May 2007 at 2:22pm
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:34pm
in flames, and avenge seven fold
<1 meg sig = bad>
dmp4892. View Drop Down
guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmp4892. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:40pm
Dragonforce... crazy speed metal.
<FOUR MEGS for a sig? Are you kidding me?!>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic