FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Metal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:52pm

Vela together we await the storm is an awesome song but I can't remember the name of the band, and I am definatly not a metal maniac, I like metal but only in small doses. Metallica is definatly own for some old school metal and their instrumentals are pure awesome, call of the ktulu for example is the best 9 minutes of music I've ever heard, and orion is a close second.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:54pm
I've got A7X, and love it. Amazing songs.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by dmp4892. dmp4892. wrote:

Dragonforce... crazy speed metal.
They remind me of a crappy COB
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:02pm
PRIMUS
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:04pm
HAHAHA Dragonforce. 

Also A7X suck ever since the singer blew his vocal cods.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:08pm

^^^ Is that right?

I guess I haven't heard their recent tours...

Abaddon View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language, Rudeness, 5/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:11pm
Check out some Rammstein, Mutter and Reise Reise have some really catchy songs. Amon Amarth are pretty epic in a viking kind of way. Rhapsody (of fire*) are super epic. So is Gamma Ray. At the Gates are really good too (everyone sounds like THEM, not vice versa). But if you wanna brutality at it's finest, Nile. I know the screaming in all this can be a little too much at first, but you get used to it. I mainly love all this stuff for the guitar work.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:11pm
He Can't scream anymore, if he does he has a high chance of permently damaging his voice, and what I've heard it's bad enough to where if he screams again, he'll become a mute.

Rammstien = poser metal.

Edited by Panda Man - 21 May 2007 at 3:12pm
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:17pm
Panda, Shadows does still scream. I have seem him do it a little bit live, as well as in the begining of beast andthe harlot he does. There are rumors of screaming on the new album.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:17pm

That kinda sucks...

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:19pm
He must of went threw some massive Surgery then. I know there last album really was terrible because of that fact.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:19pm
I can't see someone going mute from screaming like that, they'd have to scream a lot and give their vocal cords no break. You'd die of oxygen depriviation before you'd go mute for the rest of your days. IN MY OPINION that is. Before I get slammed for trying to act like a doctor.

Edited by Razgriz Ghost - 21 May 2007 at 3:20pm
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:22pm
Yeah he had some serious surgery. His clean vocals are really good but without the screaming it just didnt feel right. Though MIA was still an awesome damn song.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Razgriz Ghost Razgriz Ghost wrote:

I can't see someone going mute from screaming like that, they'd have to scream a lot and give their vocal cords no break. You'd die of oxygen depriviation before you'd go mute for the rest of your days. IN MY OPINION that is. Before I get slammed for trying to act like a doctor.

I was going to Say... Scream when your voice is out due to "talking/screaming" to much, and you'll feel some pain, Also, with lots of metal the whole "growling" comes from your Stomach not your throat, if you were to do that... oh... wowzers that would hurt.

Abaddon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:41pm
The former singer for Cannibal Corpse (now in Six Feet Under) has had 6 throat surgeries and is still growling. Also, a lot of these bands that "scream" aren't even really screaming. It's more of a really loud whisper that is loud because of the mic. Real screaming would destroy your throat in no time.
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:47pm
No screamer/growler can come close to Dani Filth.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:48pm
I didn't say it wouldn't hurt, I know it would hurt it's happened to me. I just don't see ripping your vocal cords happening becuase you scream at some concerts. I mean it's not like the guy talks screaming.
Abaddon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:52pm
Dani can hit every note on a grand piano.

Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by Razgriz Ghost Razgriz Ghost wrote:

Vela together we await the storm is an awesome song but I can't remember the name of the band

Its by The Human Abstract.  And yes, I agree with you on saying its an awesome song.  Best part is definitly the first minute or so.

Abaddon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abaddon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 3:57pm
Oh and Rammstein are not poser metal...

Poser metal bands: Trivium
                             Avenged Sevenfold
                             Bullet for my Valentine
                             Bleeding Through
                             Underoath
                             Atryeu
                             etc...

Sorry but lace gloves, mascara, "those" haircuts and whining about chicks...not metal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic