FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open Letter to Subway Sandwich Artists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:56am
Well, I never worked at Subway...
But as someone who worked in a restaurant as a cook for almost 3 years, I think Prolitesniper is the kind of guy that made that kind of job hell. Not wanting to work, leaving me to pick up their slack, or take their blame for something made wrong, all because they "don't make enough to do ___."

Well, I can guarantee that the conditions where I used to work were worse than your Subway's. Ever had it get so hot in Subway that your thermometer's needle is buried below 135*, and then continue working?
It was like that for about 3 days at MacPhee's because the fume hoods went out, and we just kept on cooking. The average temp in the summer is around 120*.

Edited by Bunkered - 21 May 2007 at 11:07am
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 10:59am

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

I think Procarbinefreak is the kind of guy that made that kind of job hell. Not wanting to work, leaving me to pick up their slack, or take their blame for something made wrong, all because they "don't make enough to do ___."

Forsooth - Methinks thou hast mixedeth up the nameseth.

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:05am
D'oh.
/me edits.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:12am

Back on seal-killing:

For the "don't kill teh seals" folks:  Why?

Is it general opposition to hunting/killing, or is there something special about seals?

reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:20am
It helps a lot of people that seals are "cute" animals. I realize that cows, pigs, and chickens are slaughtered en masse for my consumption on a daily basis, but I hate the way they are treated. It may be hypocrisy, but while I don't actively work against industry like that, I can't stand animal cruelty or doing violence to helpless animals. I hope the workers in those seal pictures die horrible deaths at the hands of polar bears or hypothermia. I'm not sorry for wishing them harm.

When I see on the news that some teenagers have tortured a puppy to death and videotaped the whole thing while they laughed I want to destroy them for doing that to something that can't defend itself.

Edited by reifidom - 21 May 2007 at 11:21am

Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:21am

Some people actually kill animals for food.  They actually figure in x amount of meat into their grocery plan for the winter and use the meat for food.  Other's will kill an animal for fun.  I know people on both sides of the fence. 

For those that eat meat there's a certain satisfaction knowing what has occured during the processing of their meat as opposed to some ticked off meat processing fruitcake possibly doing funky things with their food. 

We don't have seals in MI so I'd have to ask an Eskimo that one.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 11:22am
Prolite...

I would fire you ASAP if I was your manager.

That's how bad you are.
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:35pm
I know here in Wyoming, basically any animal walking around is fair game.

Though when I do "eventually" get my Deer/Elk or if luck strikes my Family, a Moose. We rarely EVER eat Supermarket meat 90% of the winter we are having ElkHelper, Moose-maniwich, or Deer Steaks... It's a lot cheaper to go out and spend the $20-$30 on a license, and go bag us worth $600 worth of tasty meat.
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:39pm

this thread has jumped around, been hijacked more times, and by it's own creator no less, then any other thread ever made. Basically what the hell are we talking about? The sigs being cool, subway blowing, the service industry period blowing, the cruliety of animals blowing.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:40pm
I thought it was about Gun Control?
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:44pm

All I know is if those seals had ccws...

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:51pm
or herpes.

Edited by Panda Man - 21 May 2007 at 12:52pm
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Back on seal-killing:

For the "don't kill teh seals" folks:  Why?

Is it general opposition to hunting/killing, or is there something special about seals?

I don't know what it is specifically. Some of it is just the size and general cuteness of a seal.

Seals cannot fight back. It is hardly even a hunt. It is a bunch of guys chasing down slow moving seals with a snow mobile, hopping off, and smashing it on the head. What is even "hunting" about that? Its not like sneaking up and hitting a deer with an arrow from hundreds of feet. What the hell is even the fun in it? Isn't hunting supposed to be, you know, a challenge?

Most of it is general opposition to hunting for sport, which it seems a lot of seal clubbers are doing.

Also the inhumane methods used with the club and hakapik, with most goofballs now a days who just end up crushing the skull in, but not killing the seal, leaving it to suffer hours before it actually dies.

I am just not a fan.

I am one of those people who signs every PeTA petition to outlaw it they can find.

I cannot explain it 100%

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:02pm

I swear they deserve it

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:08pm

Ah.

Allow me to add some facts.

Seal-clubbing isn't done for sport.  There are seal hunters out there, but they generally use rifles and standard sit-still-for-hours-bored-to-death hunting methodology.  The seal safaris are also rifle-based.  Kill to eat isn't very common - seal meat isn't very good, IMO.  It's mostly a "sport" and fur hunt.

Seal clubbing, on the other hand, is undertaken overwhelmingly by fishermen who happen to come upon some baby seals.  It is hard to club an adult seal - they are too fast.  Baby seals, however, don't move much and are easy to kill with a club.  Fishermen in Norway generally don't carry firearms, or even clubs.  The hakapikk is merely a fishing implement that also is convenient for killing baby seals.

Seals are heavily overpopulated in the North Sea.  At a minimum they are a threat to the commercial fishing industry, and clubbing seals is equivalent to crop dusting - except that seals are cuter than locusts.  I have also seen studies (don't know how reliable) indicating that seals are so overpopulated that if left to their own devices they would consume all the fish and die off themselves within a decade. 

The Norwegian government takes seal overpopulation seriously.  Over the years they have hired professional hunters, issued tons of private hunting licenses, and generally encouraged population control.  But it is hard to kill the seals fast enough.

I don't know if seal clubbing by fishermen is officially sanctioned/legal - I suspect not, given Norway's tendency to require licenses for everything.  But clearly nobody is trying hard to stop it.

Basically, the purpose seal-killing is to attempt to keep the population under control.

Greenpeace would have you believe that these seals are endangered.  Lies, lies, and more damned lies.  Greenpeace will casually make up information to suit their needs, about seals, whales, and everything else.  There are some seal species that are endangered, but they are not the ones getting clubbed.

And what this thread needs is more cowbell.

EDIT - Did some more research.  Turns out some professional hunters use clubs also.  Go figure; seems like too much work.  Anyway, here is a nifty article aboot Canadian seal hunting:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/sealhunt/  - and here is the Norwegian government's offical seal FAQ:  link.

Edited by Clark Kent - 21 May 2007 at 2:03pm
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:12pm

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

I swear they deserve it

Fail

Those are otters

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 21 May 2007 at 1:15pm
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 1:17pm
dude, you fail.  I never said that they were seals.  They're just cute little animals that deserve a whipping.  I couldn't find any good seal pics on a quick search for seals attacking humans.

Edited by Lightningbolt - 21 May 2007 at 1:17pm
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:02pm
Clark, thats how Deer are here... if we don't shoot them, they will start to migrate into our towns(and Wyoming is VERY spread out) and Start eating peoples trees and crap... so it's kind of our civil duty to hunt Deer.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Clark, thats how Deer are here... if we don't shoot them, they will start to migrate into our towns(and Wyoming is VERY spread out) and Start eating peoples trees and crap... so it's kind of our civil duty to hunt Deer.

yea, here in CT there are deer everywhere, and by the end of winter they look so starved because there are so many and there just isn't enough food. but anyways, seal clubbing is nothing compared to the dolphin massacres in japan. I'm not posting the link because i'm not sure if i can because it is graphic, but if you want to see what kind of destruction goes on in japan annually, search "dolphin massacre"-it makes the seal bashing look like a walk in the park, and i have no idea how that is legal, the brutality is incomprehensible.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 2:44pm

Plus deer taste good. As far as seal clubbing goes I could see my friends and I doing that so fast. I hate little things like that, they're cute so they think they can get away with so much garbage, like raccons that steal your cell phone and have the gall to throw it at you when you ran at them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic