Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Open Letter to Subway Sandwich Artists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:07pm
*sigh*
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:09pm
Not trying to defend it, just explaining it as someone who as delved deep into the mental psyche that is the average fast food employee. 

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:11pm
I've never worked fast food or retail, and I really hope I can keep it that way.

I worked at a pool with a restaurant, which I guess is semi-fast food, and that was more than enough for me.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Not trying to defend it, just explaining it as someone who as delved deep into the mental psyche that is the average fast food employee. 

I know - but you are still depressing me.

Oh how I long for an efficient market.

NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:12pm
I'm glad the sandwich artist replied to your open letter with well...random letters.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

I'm glad the sandwich artist replied to your open letter with well...random letters.

You know, it'd be kind of fun to send some random replies from the forum to a newspaper as a letter to the editor....
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

You know, it'd be kind of fun to send some random replies from the forum to a newspaper as a letter to the editor....

Or send them to a copy editor and watch his head burst.

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 3:36pm
See, this is why I love my job. Idiots don't go far, complainers don't go far, your quality of work has a direct relationship on career progression (and there's lots of it to be had), and if someone's being an idiot I actually have lawful authoriy to slap them down.

The four months I spent working retail were terrible... There's just no reward for a positive work ethic in the low wage world...
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by prolitesniper prolitesniper wrote:

the ignorant an erigant people of the world

lawl.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 4:58pm

go to mcdees an see what worthless people work there.

Am I the only one that caught this?

I had no idea that crappy fast food workers had superiority complexes over each other.  What does Bojangles's workers say about you?
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
ChikunBenSniped View Drop Down
Guested -Filter Dodge- 9-24

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChikunBenSniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:01pm
"Hi thank you for calling Papa John's at Brodie, This is Tyler. Would you like to try our Superman Pan for only $11.99 tonight?....no? Alright can I get your name and number?" After I've said those words I usually completely clocked out, but I still managed to keep my job for 5+ months with only 1 major complaint(look lady, I don't care if you ask for me specifically or not, I'm not helping anybody once I'm off work, sorry). I was just 15 minutes late too often(eh, walking for an hour to and from your two to three hour work day'll tempt you to be late... to say the least)

The New And Improved Chikun Pimp! NOW FEATURING SLUGGED UP KUNG FU GRIP ACTION GRILL!
prolitesniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:11pm
If you do this job, why do you get an extra pat on the back?

then next time your boss says job well done, or gives you a raise say "no i wont take it i was just doing my job."

assuming you have a job

an seeing as we are ripping on just subway, lets move to other stores how about clothing, ehh? the people that stand and talk to there friends while you wait behind them

or how about the people that work in factories why do they need 10 an hour? to do repetitive work? well making a sandwhichs 500 times a day seems repetive to me

but yet why should i care i could quit subway and not be in any retail or food industry. and still make more then most of my friends
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
45ci 3000psi Nitro System
blade trigger
4+1pack
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:15pm
Clark, I can honestly say that the general malaise that you've experienced at places like Subway doesn't necessarily carry over to other establishments.

As for Prolite Sniper, you have a lot to learn about being a productive member of society. Regardless of what job you wind up having, you WILL wind up "putting up with" people that you generally don't want to work with on a daily basis. The fact of the matter is, you are compensated with money, and often benefits, to do so. Whether you're a $5/hr drone at a Subway or a $200k/yr ER doctor, you're going to have the same complaints. You'll hopefully eventually realize this and decide that it's better to do your job well, and take care of what you're supposed to, or you'll probably get fired and wind up working in fast-food again.

Clark, Quizno's is far superior to Subway anyway. I find the lack of flavor, freshness, and volume of their sandwiches reason enough to not want to give them any of my hard-earned cash. Quizno's on the other hand, well you need a fork to get all the stuff that falls off of the sandwich due to the fact that it's packed to the gills with goodies. For the lunch-on-the-cheap route in DC, I like Potbelly's.

Edited by tallen702 - 20 May 2007 at 5:16pm
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:17pm

I knew most of the people that have worked at my local subway-so I rarely went there.

BTW, for the crack about McDonald's-I work nights, and so it's a morning ritual for me when I get off at 7 to go to the nearest McDonald's and grab a couple of McGriddles. I have two I go to bascially every morning-I have encountered one rude person, but the rest have been extremely friendly, more so that I'd expect out of part time workers on a 7 in the morning shift. McDonald's around here are friendlier and cleaner than almost any of the fast food resteraunts. I never go to Whataburger any more, since they can't seem to understand that I want all of my food I ordered, and Jack in the Box always looks like somebody forgot to hire the janitor. So diss away, but McDonald's for the most part, IMO, holds to very high standards for the fast food industry in general.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:22pm

then next time your boss says job well done, or gives you a raise say "no i wont take it i was just doing my job."

If you were just doing your job, then why would a pay raise be necessary?

Besides, big difference between management noticing you are consitently putting forth a good effort and someone tipping a dollar or two because they feel morally obligated to do so.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:24pm
who ever said i dont care enough to pretend to be nice?
just because i hate helping jerks doesnt mean im not smart enough to pretend to care.
i just yell at my boss i told them i quit and they made there first mistake of doing anything they could to make it better so i would stay.

and you open letter to sandwhich artist, should have been open letter to fast food.
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
blade trigger
4+1pack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:27pm
and dont even get me started on the minimum wage increase, it just means that everyone making below 10 can slack off and get a 2 dollar raise so why even try
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
blade trigger
4+1pack
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:44pm

and dont even get me started on the minimum wage increase, it just means that everyone making below 10 can slack off and get a 2 dollar raise so why even try

and you wonder why soon you'll be replaced by a foreign work force or machines.
Boss_DJ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
hey bud, let’s party!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss_DJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:54pm
i dont know...i work at ralphs italian ices and scoop ices, ice cream, sundaes, shakes, etc. i find it hard to be a jerk to customers...im getting paid to be there and help people...i feel like i would be going out of my way to be a jerk...its pointless...its easier to be nice than an ass...if someone asks for flavors in a certain order or to make a sundae a certain way i do it and make sure i make it exactly like they want it...otherwise whats the point of being there? and plus being nice and sparking conversation leaves good tips...

__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Voted 2010 Most Improved Forumer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2007 at 5:59pm

I have a short temper with food workers, but I'm smart enough to leave and not eat the food if I do happen to blow a gasket...

"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic