Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MODEL 98 RT trigger?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ZumCRX1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZumCRX1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MODEL 98 RT trigger?
    Posted: 12 May 2007 at 10:22pm

OK I have a Model 98 that I have had for some time now. I have milled it to excepet a double blade trigger, JmJ Drop forward/trigger guard, and a low pressure kit. Its more of a fun gun then anything. My primary gun is an Empire InVERt. ANywho, I found a BRAND NEW RT trigger kit at a yard sell and bought it for $3.00! It had been purchase for a son as a gift and the parents had lost it before they gave it to him and he now longer plays. So anyway I want to attempt to install it onto my 98. I called tippmann dirrecetlly because I know they use to do it. They told me they no longer had the equitment to do it. I do But Im thinking the new bolt won't work so I need some help has anyone done it them selves?PLEASE POST UP OR EMAIL ME LINKS

ZumCRX1

Edited by ZumCRX1 - 12 May 2007 at 10:25pm
Xo redbull oX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xo redbull oX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 9:15am
soory mate im comin up empty
Tippmann 98 custom
-14 J&J ceramic barral
-2kx rickhochet loader
-r/t
paintballer40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 9:59am
i no for the plunger you have to mill a circular hole, there was a tread on here because i have a model 98 also and i asked the same question, i know it can be done, and i have heard it is not that hard but never did it, if you get it done tell me how hard it was and possibly post pictures, it would be greatly appreciated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:07am
there is some info from what i posted on page 8 about 3/4 of the way down the page hope this helps
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:25am
First)

Its very easy, all you need is a dremel to cut th holes for the airlines and piston.

Second) do a forum search you'll find lots of threads about installing it.

Third) there plenty of people here who can help you alot better than these (^^^) two trolls.
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
ZumCRX1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZumCRX1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by Black_Shadow Black_Shadow wrote:

First)

Its very easy, all you need is a dremel to cut th holes for the airlines and piston.

Third) there plenty of people here who can help you alot better than these (^^^) two trolls.

I have the ultimate dremal set up, and a garge full of drill press's and all that shiznat. I have the plunger figured out, and the air lines basicly, but I really need to know is about the power tube. The one that came with the kit has nan oval cut out where the air supply goes, and ity seems to not bolt up right. So do I need to modify my stock one?

And I have seached but Im coming up empty.

OH AND why dosent the new power tube have any internals?

ZumCRX1

Edited by ZumCRX1 - 13 May 2007 at 5:40pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 8:41pm

Originally posted by Black_Shadow Black_Shadow wrote:

First)

dude you are a jerk all i was trying to do was help the guy and i never said i was the only person on the forum to help him all i was trying to do was give the guy my two cents about the issue

ZumCRX1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZumCRX1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 10:08pm

please do not turn my fourm into a **edited**ing match. I need some info, please stay focused on topic. Thanks, So I figured everything out except the fact there is no internals in the new power tube? let me know so that I can put this thing in and rip it!

ZumCRX1

Edited by ZumCRX1 - 13 May 2007 at 10:12pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 1:14pm
sorry about that, you may have to use the stock internals i have no idea because i dont have one, the stock valve in the stock power tube justs slides out
ZumCRX1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZumCRX1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by paintballer40 paintballer40 wrote:

sorry about that, you may have to use the stock internals i have no idea because i dont have one, the stock valve in the stock power tube justs slides out

ok  , So mine won't. Should I spray some pb blaster or something down in it to lossen it up, Or can I clamp some Vise grips to the end and pull it, or what?

ZumCRX1

Edited by ZumCRX1 - 14 May 2007 at 3:11pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:31pm
is what i did is take an allen wrench(the velocity adjustment one) and slide it down the long end of the power tube and push and it will compress because of the spring in the valve, keep pushing untill it pops out and then once you get it out remember to line up the two side valve holes and the air line whole
ZumCRX1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZumCRX1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 7:01pm

is what i did is take an allen wrench(the velocity adjustment one) and slide it down the long end of the power tube and push and it will compress because of the spring in the valve, keep pushing untill it pops out and then once you get it out remember to line up the two side valve holes and the air line whole

NICE, thats what I figured. I have it in the bench vise as we speak, Soaking with some PB BLASTER, My valve has never been removed so it in there gvery tightly. Now once I get it out and back all togeter, Do you suggest that I put the air lines back in with Teflon tape? Im affraid with the new power tube being plastic they might not seal tightly. Also I know I should get it working and tuned before I mess with it, But What consist of converting to a Super RT set up? I have a Halo B lying around as a back up to my Invert, So I wann try to dump the paint with the 98 as well.

ZumCRX1

ZumCRX1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:51pm
i would use some liquid gasket or rtv teflon tape is alright but it rips and they only way to know if it sealed properly is if you hook it up to air and if it is not sealed you have to pull it back apart, if you use liquid gasket i would suggest once you get it screwed in i would put some around the outside where the line screws into and if you are using a stock valve it is aluminum the only thing that is plastic is the whole in the power tube the air line does not actually screw into that as for the super r/t i dont know good luck hope this helps when you get it done tell me how it worked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:31pm
have you got it hooked up? was it worth it i am looking to maybe do the r/t this weekend and was it hard
ZumCRX1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZumCRX1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 11:54pm

have you got it hooked up? was it worth it i am looking to maybe do the r/t this weekend and was it hard

Well no, Im still f-ing with it. I kinda split the new power tube installing the valve. The valve it larger that the new tube,  don't know what that is about. Anywho I was able to plug it nicely with some Silicone sealent. I And Im having to mill the body alot more than I thought I would. other than tha its going well. I figure when I get it all put together if it leaks Im going to order an aftermarket power tube that excepts the rt lines and rea-install it. ON another note I think I figured out how to install an rt trigger on my super old school  tippman, my PROLITE. I all ready hooked it up with a 45 dbl trigger grip frame and expansion champer! So After the 98 it up an working its going to be next.

ZumCRX1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 4:24pm

goodluck man hope my info helped when you get it done tell me how it was

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 5:12pm
have you finished it yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic