Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

balls stuck between cyclone blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
1up! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1up! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: balls stuck between cyclone blades
    Posted: 11 May 2007 at 12:22am
i havent heard anyone else haveing this problem but me everyone once in awhile a ball well get stuck between the blades in my cyclone or between the bolt and the opening once i get it unstuck itll work again but if i dont it wont shoot i dont know wat to do
Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 12:39am

Basically your talking about chopping. The ball gets stuck in the wrong spot so it fouls up the gun. Which kind of gun do you have? I'm guessing an A-5.

If you have an R/T on your gun if it isn't tuned right then it might be mis-firing. usually the gun locks up. With the 98C I can just manually re-cock it and that fixes the stuck ball (though it has only happened to me twice and that was with a beat up rental gun)

You might also have some shell pieces in the cyclone body. Have you ever taken it apart and cleaned it real well?

98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
1up! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1up! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 9:34pm
yea i have a a-5 a dont have a RT but i have a e-grip with a APE board in it and i upgraded the cyclone insides to the jchs click and yes i have taken the whole gun apart the only way for me to get to shot again is to either push the ball into the hole or take it out then itll fired agian the later itll get stuck agian do i have the BPS to high its set at 25 but wit the upgrades i should be able to o and i have a QEV too this only started happening wen i set between 20 and 25
TIPPY98ACT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPPY98ACT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 12:15am
I would recommend 20bps max. That is where mine is set in x-mode and I have yet to have any problems. Above that and the balls tend to (popcorn) in the cyclone. Also, scrap the Q.E.V and get this! You will be much happier with the results.

Edited by TIPPY98ACT - 15 May 2007 at 12:18am
98 A.C.T
J&J 12"
R/T
Revvy
Tapco Stock

A5
Lapco Bigshot and J&J 12"
E-Grip (A.P.E)
Vortex
Lightning Rod
Q.E.P.H
Richochet Hopper
GTA Double Trigger
Remote Line
Special Op's A5A2 Stock
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:16am

Originally posted by 1up! 1up! wrote:

... this only started happening wen i set between 20 and 25

And there is your problem.

The Cyclone generally can't keep up with that.

Kingtiger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2007 at 12:09am
20 bps is plenty so i dont see a reason to set it any higher
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic