Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NJ: Proposal would prohibit muskets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 5:54pm
I am aware that they are completely different guns. I am saying that because some guns are illegal to own, all guns should be illegal to own.

An all or nothing kind of thing. If one gun is illegal, all should be illegal.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I am aware that they are completely different guns. I am saying that because some guns are illegal to own, all guns should be illegal to own.

U CAN TAEK MY STAPLE GUN WHN U PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!1!!!eleven!!!!

AMIRITE???!?
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:03pm
Yup, there should be government regulations on those things.

ID restrictions, 30 day wait periods, registrations, fingerprinting, background tests, and even sanity test.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:03pm
I'm not sure how well that would go in the US Hades.

The problem is, there are a whole bunch of "crazies" (like myself for instance) who believe that gun ownership is necessary to stop a facist gov't from forming. A lot of those same people would use their guns against the people who came to take away the banned guns, and probably lose their lives in doing so.
Hopefully that's something the government isn't willing to risk.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:35pm
It may not work but that is how I sees it.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

The problem is, there are a whole bunch of "crazies" (like myself for instance) who believe that gun ownership is necessary to stop a facist gov't from forming. A lot of those same people would use their guns against the people who came to take away the banned guns, and probably lose their lives in doing so.
Hopefully that's something the government isn't willing to risk.

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:46pm
I just wonder how TKD is such a wuss that he honestly thinks I wouldn't use my gun in such a situation.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:47pm
I think I just had an epiphany.

I no longer understand the whole stand up and fight the government with guns theory.

My fascist government can bomb your gun supply.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

U CAN TAEK MY STAPLE GUN WHN U PRY IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!!!!1!!!eleven!!!!AMIRITE???!?

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:48pm
Here's the problem with that.
Go ahead US gov't... Drop a bomb on a populated US area (like where my guns are). See how much the public likes that.

And hey, the Michigan Militia isn't too far away if need be.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:49pm

I just wonder how TKD is such a wuss that he honestly thinks I wouldn't use my gun in such a situation.

I honestly don't.

That whole "COLD DEAD HANDS" mentality is quite silly indeed, as it is completely unfounded.

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:51pm
I don't see how it is "unfounded."
Certain people want to take ALL guns away from private citizens. The "cold dead hands" line is specifically telling those people, "Go ahead and take it, but I'm not going to just let you."
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:54pm
WOLVERIIIIIIIINES!
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:55pm

Certain people want to take ALL guns away from private citizens. The "cold dead hands" line is specifically telling those people, "Go ahead and take it, but I'm not going to just let you."

Which certain people that have the power and ability to do so?

A very small minute amount of people actually support full-on all-out gun prohibition. Despite what the NRA loves to tout, it is just not happening.

The "Cold Dead Hands" mentality is part of a silly chip-on-shoulder jingoistic campaign used by the NRA to promote the idea of persecution of gun owners.

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:56pm
I don't see a problem with that because if the government was to ever get to the point were there was a need for the citizens to revolt, why would they bother caring what the rest of the public thought.

As for the Michigan Militia, the government could opt to use a nuke.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

WOLVERIIIIIIIINES!
Amen
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Which certain people that have the power and ability to do so? A very small minute amount of people actually support full-on all-out gun prohibition. Despite what the NRA loves to tout, it is just not happening. The "Cold Dead Hands" mentality is part of a silly chip-on-shoulder jingoistic campaign used by the NRA to promote the idea of persecution of gun owners.

I've talked to enough people who have never even seen a gun in real life, but then will tell you that guns are evil and should be banned.
Those are the people that the NRA is afraid of, and I am also somewhat afraid of.
Without the NRA and other lobbyists, who knows where gun laws would be right now? Maybe exactly the same, maybe completely legal, maybe completely banned.
I support the NRA's mission of firearm education and the preservation of gun rights. They may seem a bit paranoid, but then again, it's not paranoia if they really end up being out to get you.
jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Brian Fellows Brian Fellows wrote:

New Jersey should just break off and slide into the Atlantic Ocean.P.S.: I blame youm0nt.

We would be caught by NYC. You cannot get rid of us unless you sink us.

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Jersey = New Yorks garbage Dump.

We are NYC's dump...I don't think there are enough people in upstate NY to need to dump their crap here.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:15pm
Got to love it. Left Leaning Law Proffesor agrees that gun ownership is a individual right under the 2nd Admendment. Gun bans and restrictions are being overturned by Federal Judges on the Individual Right to own guns under the 2nd Admendment. And states keep pushing gun restrictions.
So as with these community gun bans and ordinances can communities abridge the 1st Admendment also to contain bans on your individual right to free speech within thier guidelines within thier communities?
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2007 at 6:41am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Which certain people that have the power and ability to do so? A very small minute amount of people actually support full-on all-out gun prohibition. Despite what the NRA loves to tout, it is just not happening. The "Cold Dead Hands" mentality is part of a silly chip-on-shoulder jingoistic campaign used by the NRA to promote the idea of persecution of gun owners.

Our founding fathers used their firearms to fight and overthrow the British to create this nation. I'm sure you heard of the minutemen.   The article I printed is proof that there is a campaign out there to ban firearms. Now they are going after the very guns that the founding fathers used to free this nation from British tyranny. Ironic isn't it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic