Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NJ: Proposal would prohibit muskets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 5:54pm
I am aware that they are completely different guns. I am saying that because some guns are illegal to own, all guns should be illegal to own.

An all or nothing kind of thing. If one gun is illegal, all should be illegal.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 3:09pm
OMG, Shorty used the term 'sheeple'. 
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 2:51pm
only the shore is^^^
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 1:30pm
Jersey = New Yorks garbage Dump. 
Brian Fellows View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
That’s MISTER Fellows to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Fellows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 1:26pm
New Jersey should just break off and slide into the Atlantic Ocean.

P.S.:  I blame youm0nt.

Edited by Brian Fellows - 11 May 2007 at 1:27pm
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:51am
It's NEW JERSEY.

That being the case, I am not surprised in the slightest.

Nice to have people looking to make laws of things they have no understanding of.

I can see how sheeple are fearful of 50BMG rifles... since TV has told them they can take down planes and shoot thru schools.
50cal blackpowder muzzleloader... is this anything like a 50BMG? Well... sheeple sees "50cal", so it must be the same.

Ban will probably go into effect. NJ is like that.

It could easily be bypassed by banning 50cal CENTERFIRE weapons, and excluding muzzleloading black powder rifles. But it won't be.

Again... it's New Jersey. The state that makes people have a Permit for an AIR RIFLE. Must be to protect Ralphie from shooting his eye out.

I'm waiting for them to enforce permits and registration of paintball guns.
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:45am
I'm not sure I quite understand what you just said Hades.

You want the ban to go into effect, but you also see no reason why any other caliber is different than .50 as far as being banned?

/me =
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:31am
I am for it. If I cant own a .50 cal, I don't see why anyone should have the guns they have.

It is not going to happen but that is what I think.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:22am

Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

Politicians in general don't seem to know jack about anything, even politics.

fixed

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:39am
Anyone who has never owned/operated a gun has absolutely no right to discuss what gun control laws should be IMO. They don't even SOUND like they know what they're talking about. Listen to the bull<crap> they spout off half the time. It's obvious that over half couldn't pick out a rifle in a group of shotguns.

Politicians in general don't seem to know jack about anything other than politics. They know what will get them re-elected, and that's all they care about.
Facts, research, etc. be damned. It's all about what sounds right to an idiotic, uneducated public.

Edited by Bunkered - 11 May 2007 at 10:42am
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:31am

The people writing these laws dont know crap about firearms. I'm convinced that that is the problem. They ban teflon coated lead bullets which have no armor peircing capabilities, they banned pistol grips and bayonet lugs, they'll ban a .50BMG but not a .408 Che-Tac

They don't know what the hell they're doing. A kid in my state & local government class did a presentation about gun control the other day and couldnt tell me how a glock was so radically different from a 1935 browning high power when he was discussin how guns keep getting dealier.

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:09am

All I know is that if this goes through and continues to NY, Im shafted.

We have about 7 firearms that could qualify under this proposition.

Its utterly ludicrous. I can understand when schools ask us not to bring these weapons with us when we do presentations therein, but to propose an outright ban?? Please.

Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What AM I smoking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 9:00am
I'm just wondering if anyone has any information on how many guns were used by the terrorists on September 11? I'm fairly certain the number is 0. So how is 9/11 relevant to this?
How many New Jersey citizens have been killed by a terrorist (or even anyone for that matter) using a .50 muzzleloader. Even the .50 BMG isn't exactly commonly used in the commission of crimes, as the article states.

The world hasn't changed that much. It's still people killing people for stupid reasons.
I think the dems need to go to a gun education class before they take any further action to ban ANY gun. They don't seem to know jack about these so-called "scary terrorist weapons, ZOMG!"
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:42am
speaking of 9/11, this thread has been hijacked...
CarbineKid View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarbineKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:39am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I am sick of this post 9/11 crap too. That is exactly what I thought when I read it.The only difference in the world today is that it's harder to get on a damn airplane, and we have soldiers overseas fighting for no reason.You are blind to think it has.

The US has changed since 9/11, the fact that you are even bothered by it is proof of it. However you guys have been getting off topic from the original topic of the thread.   
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:08am
I am sick of this post 9/11 crap too. That is exactly what I thought when I read it.

The only difference in the world today is that it's harder to get on a damn airplane, and we have soldiers overseas fighting for no reason.

You are blind to think it has.
Que pasa?

Nagash1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagash1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 1:31am

No, it really hasn't. Stupid people still do stupid things for stupid reasons. That has never and will never change until the day that humanity is wiped clean of this earth.

I'm so freaking tired of this "post 9-11" crap from everyone. Nearly every idiot with a grudge against something has spouted this line and it never has anything to do with what happened that day.

Some 3,000 people didn't deserve to die. Those same 3,000 people don't deserve to have every self serving lunatic in this country talk about them like whatever their "mission" is would have changed that day.

98 Custom
Cyclone
Double E-Trigger
Polished Internals
Freak kit
X-chamber
CP Drop w/On/Off
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2007 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Commander_Cool Commander_Cool wrote:

"need to remember we're now in a post-9/11 world where we have to be worried about someone misusing this gun"

Ummmm...hate to break it to lawmakers, but the world has not changed since 9/11.

Of course it has (no sarcasm), you are blind to think it hasen't
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 11:43pm

"need to remember we're now in a post-9/11 world where we have to be worried about someone misusing this gun"

Ummmm...hate to break it to lawmakers, but the world has not changed since 9/11.

2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 11:34pm
i dont see the big deal, its better than a regular rifles...its single shot for gods sake
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic