FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My FPS Journeys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Mephistopheles View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 6:08pm
Well I'm back from Coram. The LIBG was pretty fun, paint shot great. Though I messed up my 98 initially when I couldn't find my manual I printed out and must've messed up a couple of the settings. That only lasted for the first time I inserted, afterwards I found them and fixed the gun. It was having a couple times where it'd just keep bursting even after I stopped pulling the trigger. Ooops. Not safe.

But I am attempting to salvage a couple files on the SD card it records to. Seems the indexing got corrupt and it won't download after about half way through. But I did save another file that was myself and Pixie from Blue's Crew inside the Panther Tank and having just a grand ol' time!

Remember folks. You can't shoot the guys out that are riding in the tank. I can get shot all I want, and I can take the abuse. You can't! Just remember that for future reference to all those who were arguing with myself and the refs on why I'm shot "out" and why when I shoot them they don't leave!
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2007 at 10:23pm
There we go. Done and done. I'm however not happy with Youtube quality. So I think I'm going to re-save it with a higher bit rate to increase clearity.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordanpischke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2007 at 7:09pm
Man riding in that tank would be feaking sweeet!!
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 10:46pm
Just got back from Bataan at EMR this weekend. Sunburned a bit but not too bad, just heatful not painful. Haven't even looked at any of the footage yet. Hope it turned out clear. Will try and get a video edited up in next few days.
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2007 at 10:54pm
Alright the salvaged footage from Long Island is up and viewable. Right now the laptop is saving the final production of the Bataan game at EMR. I'll upload that onto Youtube asap. Gonna be tight, it's just barely fitting into the Youtube requirements of 100mb/10min.
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 3:55pm
w00t. Okay Bataan from EMR's Memorial day weekend is up and live on Youtube now. Enjoy.
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2007 at 4:18pm
Nicely done....

I for one, appreciate the effort.
It is entertaining and fun to watch.
RLTW
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2007 at 5:55pm
Hopefully I'll be having some better looking/sounding vids up with my future attempts. I researched and bought a new miniDV camcorder, plus an extra big battery and 5 miniDV's. No more lost footage, no more attempting to salvage stuff from the SD cards, and maybe if I can convince somebody to follow me with the camcorder I can toss in some 3rd person action. I've always wanted to make a Gears of War looking vid from the footage. Roadie Run ftw!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2007 at 8:26pm
Meph, i was curious about the rig you use to do all the filming. 
PB MISFIT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Salty Marshmellow Man #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PB MISFIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 2:01am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Meph, i was curious about the rig you use to do all the filming.

I think we all are.

Tell us the secretz!!11
scrumsguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrumsguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2007 at 3:55pm

It looks like he's useing a helmet cam

am I right? 

Help support the Youth In Asia!

Member Of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2007 at 1:22pm
Hey been away from the PB world for a while. Busy with the demo derby and enduro races. Next weekend is another paintball event, and I plan on filming the activities from then as well. Pump Pandemonium IV at EMR Paintball.

The Camera setup. Up until now it has been a helmet camera feeding into a DVR: Digital Video Recorder. But that depended on SD cards. Too unreliable. I now have a Canon MiniDV recorder with an AV input. The image is cleaner and reliable. If I push record it'll keep recording until I make it stop. There's no fuzzy pixel lines from corrupt files. Or any other BS that the DVR gave me.

The helmet camera of choice is a bit more expensive than some others out there. Like that ATC2K that some use. That's all self contained, which is a big perk. But the video quality wasn't what I wanted. I went through www.helmetcamera.com and got a full setup. The camera sets inside an aluminum protective shell so if I fall on a rock or a paintball hits it... no damage I'm still good to go!

And the video quality with these is amazing. What I upload, by side-by-side comparison, is compressed garbage. I need to compress it though or else it'd be like 5 gigs of video footage. Rather than only about 30-70 megs. The raw footage however is as clean as any standard video camera can give you. Good enough for a paintball DVD.

Edited by Mephistopheles - 30 July 2007 at 1:23pm
Roweazie View Drop Down
strike 2, Inapropiate Picture 10-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweazie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2007 at 5:06pm

here's mine

Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 8:08pm
UPDATE!

Long ass time since I've updated this.

Here's a couple of new vids. I'll write up about them later.

FPS: Castle Conquest 24
FPS: Viper
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 7:23am
Re-Updated the first post. Added the YEAR IN REVIEW compilation.
impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 12:53pm
LOL at the Review video at time 8:41.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 2:27pm
Great compo Meph! I need to meet up with you sometime. You doing Castle again in '08? I've never made one, but with the number of MCB guys that make it, I figure I should give it a shot.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2007 at 4:03pm
I heard some Dog Fashion Disco in the first Castle Conquest video. The song is called 9-5 at the Morgue, I believe.

Anyways, awesome videos. I want to play at EMR so bad.
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 6:12pm
Yea, I'll be there during the '08 season. I live in New York so my traveling distance isn't much. I've actually had a season pass to EMR since the 2001 season.

If you can only make 1 game a year to EMR then Castle Conquest is pretty much a unanimous decision all the regulars will tell you. Other fields can claim 4000+ people, but that's spread all throughout the fields. EMR's spring Castle has almost 1500 players concentrated on only 3 acres of field.

And before and after Castle is basically a never ending party. You really have to experience it to believe it.
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 9:00pm

Im hopeing i can make it in next year.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic