FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My FPS Journeys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Mephistopheles View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My FPS Journeys
    Posted: 01 May 2007 at 1:02pm
Don't really want to make one thread after another with each new video created, so **** it I'm making one thread that I'll just update as time goes on.

These vids are all FPS: First Person Shooter. I have a helmet camera mounted on the side of my mask capturing all the goodness. Plus it'll be good 10 years from now to re-live the events I've already been at.

In a couple weeks coming up is the Long Island Big Game, I am thinking I'll break out my 98Custom for that event. Thankfully the Tippmann guys were at EMR last weekend so I could grab an X7 Cyclone to gut and put on my 98, plus a few spare parts to keep on hand (hammer, sear, etc.) just in case. With that X7 Cyclone shaft on the 98 I'll probably get it firing consistently as fast as I had the DM6 w/ RF'd Pulse.

**UPDATED**

FPS YEAR IN REVIEW

Though what I've learned about helmet cam use is this. Don't wear them in Scenarios for regular use. There's far too many times where ya need to lay in wait for as much as 15 minutes for an ambush. That's 15min of dead air time and wasted battery usage. I think I'll save the use for opening starts and final battles. Because a lot of my overall footage is useless for that very reason.

And honestly I want to find a way to mount the camera differently. Specifically a way to mount it on the right side somehow. So when I'm poking out the bunker it'll show what I'm shooting at. Problem so far has been that a right-mask mounted setup would get in the way. I always pull the marker up and hug it to the face, it'd always hit the camera and piss me off. So I gotta make a mount that can allow it to be on the right side but out of the way of the marker.

FPS: Year In Review

CASTLE CONQUEST XXIV

Fall Castle of 2007. This game was nuts! Leading the defense was the Canadians... an entire city of American-looking people who do nothing but eat cheese, play hockey, and plan battle strategies nonstop! It must be a good system for them, they took the victory this event. Congratulations to them and all defenders. They were extremely organized and busted their coconuts all game long, that is why they won.

Us attackers, as a whole, just didn't do what we needed to. Specifically we didn't have the Castle veterans pushing Castle newbies forward. Because of which the newbs were causing a lot of friendly fire casualties for us. And those of us that were on the walls just didn't push in great enough numbers, or in enough force. If we had a little more organization and pushed harder it might've been different. Numerous times these walls were on the verge of collapse with our takeover, but we just didn't get it done.

FPS: CASTLE CONQUEST XXIV on Youtube

VIPER SCENARIO @ THE EMR EXTRAVAGANZA

[Putting in event summary later]

FPS: VIPER SCENARIO on Youtube

BATAAN

Memorial Day Weekend at EMR Paintball Park. We were the Japanese forces going against the American pig-dogs. The weather was on our side all weekend long! About 100 showed up for the event. Most of the day I ran with the Phantom. I got a new mini-hopper and mini-pod setup and needed to test it out. I love the hopper, but the APP 30rnd pods are a pain (specifically the lids). I'll probably get the 50rnd pods. They have much better lids.

But then the final battle came. Firepower was more important than shot picking. Grabbed the DM6 and slammed half a case on my back. Overall this was such a fun event! Well run, no troubles, organization was great, all the players rocked, no gun troubles, basically a picture perfect weekend. Anybody watching this really should consider heading to EMR for a game at least once a year.

FPS: Bataan on Youtube

LONG ISLAND BIG GAME

I'm not happy with the quality. I'm going to re-edit the vid and save it as a larger produced file. Might take longer to download but visually will be worth it compared to what Youtube shat out. That and cut back on some of the early footage of just roaming around in the tank.

But overall riding in The Panther tank as a gunner is just one of the funnest experiences you can have. If you have a high threshold for pain. Because as the gunner you can't be shot out. You must eliminate the tank itself. So I can get stitched all day long, but it'll just tell me in what direction to shoot in. Since I'm blinded by paint half the time. :D

*Now I've finally salvaged at least most of the first insertion I was apart of. Some of the end of that, and the others all together were completely lost. Yeah I def need to get a miniDV with an av input to replace my current setup.

FPS: LIBG Vehicle Assault on Youtube

FPS: LIBG Ground Assault on Youtube

CASTLE CONQUEST XXIII
This past Saturday, April 28, at EMR Paintball was Castle Conquest. It's a 4:1 attacker to defender ratio event. This event had over 1300 people! And unlike some other places where that is hundreds of people spread across dozens and dozens of acres. This game concentrates everybody on one single location of a non-stop intense kickassathon!

FPS: CCXXIII on Youtube

To get an idea of just how the terrain is, and just how massive Castle Aaarrgh is, check out this runthrough. Was made during a January work weekend, not during a live game. Wall 3, the back wall, was still under construction. So I need to make an updated version that includes vid of that section of the Castle.

Runthrough of Castle Aaarrgh

SPRING PUMP EVENT 2007
SPE is a Mid-West pump gathering going on for a few years now. This year reaching about 150 pump players. Your choice of woodsball or speedball. Saturday being open play, Sunday the 5-man pump tournament (but also has open play for those that prefer that instead)

FPS: SPE07 on Youtube
FPS: SPE07 on Putfile

MCB Cold *** Game
Another annual event, this one in February, held together by the MCB crew at Wanna-Play Paintball. This was my first actual event that I got to use this helmet camera equipment in. Broke the cherry! It's not all pump, I chose to use one. Many are using semis, some electros, and some others are using pumps as well.

FPS: Cold *** Game on Youtube
FPS: Cold *** Game on Putfile

And for fun....
DEMO DERBY!

Edited by Mephistopheles - 12 November 2007 at 7:22am
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 1:15pm
thats awsome, now I wanna camera... what type do you use?
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 1:20pm
Excellent idea.
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 3:39pm
wow... Stickied?! Didn't know you like this idea that much rambs.
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 5:39pm
whats teh 2nd song on castle conquest??!? #3 is links nice choice :D

Edited by DsXz - 01 May 2007 at 5:40pm
killerhalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 8:13pm
the first song is attack by system of a down cant figure out the second never herd it before

Edited by killerhalo - 01 May 2007 at 8:15pm
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 8:31pm
Very cool vids. This should be an awesome thread when it all said and done with.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 8:36pm
So did you break your pulse yet?

I kind of want to go to a big game now.....I miss that type of paintball a bit. Maybe I'll skip out on my team a week and hit up a scenario....wooo good idea. 
Que pasa?

Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:19pm
Nah my pulse is quite fine. Then again I also haven't been a retard kid who does the worlds best superman dive and land directly on my feedneck. I abuse my equipment but I don't treat them like garbage with the hopes of scamming the companies with free repairs.

And it feeds beautifully with the RF chip. Thankfully I got my setup before the whole legal action took place. So I'm grandfathered in. w00t!

Track Listing

Artist: System of a Down
Album: Hypnotize
Song Title: Attack

Artist: Fear Factory
Album: Linchpin
Song Title: Linchpin

Artist: Rammstein
Album: Mutter
Song Title: Links 234

Artist: Dope (originally thought it was Powerman 5000)
Album: American Psycho Soundtrack
Song Title: You Spin Me Right Round (Like a Record)

Artist: Dethklok
Album: From the Adult Swim show "Metalocalypse"
Song Title: Fan Song

Artist: Primus
Album: Theme from the movie Orgazmo!
Song Title: Now You're a MAN!

And if you guys have any requests of some good songs for future vids feel free to contribute. If it can mesh in there I'll use it. But it'll be hard to mix blues, jazz, metal, and classic rock all together.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 10:55pm
Nice! - thanks for stickying this.
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 11:00pm
Oh crap this is stickied. I thought you guys were joking for a second.

Guess that for Coram I definately HAVE to use my 98C then, just out of principle.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2007 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by Mephistopheles Mephistopheles wrote:

Artist: Primus
Album: Theme from the movie Orgazmo!
Song Title: Now You're a MAN!

Great song.

lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 7:02am
sweet video, castle was an amazing day besides the air lines.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 5:55pm
haha, i love the castle conquest of you playing with the hit on your hopper the entire time.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 2:57pm
That castle Conquest video is awesome, especially after seeing the walkthrough, that must be an epic place to storm.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 11:58pm

heh, that pump game has inspired me to build a Worr Sniper. Maybe I'll see you at next years pump game.

What kind of camera setup did you use?

Edited by The Guy - 06 May 2007 at 10:05am
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

haha, i love the castle conquest of you playing with the hit on your hopper the entire time.

What are you talking about? I only had 1 hopper hit all day, and that was on the feedneck shown at 2:32 in the video.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 11:45am
Lovin the guns vids and music.
Put some Children of Bodom in a future vid.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Mephistopheles Mephistopheles wrote:

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

What are you talking about? I only had 1 hopper hit all day, and that was on the feedneck shown at 2:32 in the video.

I think it's the blue Pulse logo......After I read his comment I watched again and looked for it..That's what I saw
Que pasa?

foxfourpaintbal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfourpaintbal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:23am
sweet dude
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic