Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 Drive re-assembly help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
David40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 Drive re-assembly help
    Posted: 28 April 2007 at 1:35pm

I am installing a response trigger in my X7 which required complete dissasembly. I'm having trouble getting the drive assembly back together. When I pulled it out a metal washer fell out and I don't know where it goes. The exploded diagram in the manual doesn't show any metal washer except one inside the valve. I was not able to take the valve apart so I don't think it's that one. Sure could use some advice from someone familair with the internals of this thing.

Thanks

Fonzy79 View Drop Down
Guested - Idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fonzy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2007 at 1:44pm
well, it would be easier if you just searched for the scamatics of it so that you can see were it gose.
tippmann custom pro
Lapco Bigshot barrel
David40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2007 at 2:11pm
That's cool, I'd be happy to. Any idea where I might find these schematics?
David40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2007 at 9:00pm
Well it's hard to believe nobody else encounter this problem but I figured it out.  The Response Trigger instructions are screwed up. When you are installing the drive parts you should put only the valve/hammer assembly in first and then you MUST be sure to insert the tombstone on the end of the gas line into the valve assembly BEFORE installing the spring and end cap. You also need to be careful not to push the hammer in too far before getting that tombstone back in there. If you don't follow this proceedure there is nothing to hold the valve spring, washer, and O-ring back and they will just pop out into the chamber. That is where my mystery washer came from. The instructions say nothing about this and in fact tell you to put the drive assembly completely together before inserting the tombstone. They need to clear up the instructions and provide a higher quality printing. The instruction sheet that comes with the RT looks like it was made on a 45 year old copy machine so the pictures are worthless.
Fonzy79 View Drop Down
Guested - Idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fonzy79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2007 at 5:32pm

Just type in the cerial code into a search

tippmann custom pro
Lapco Bigshot barrel
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 6:53pm
Hey, I just had the exact same problem yesterday, I figured it out though.

Ok, take out the gas line from the gun, and look into the slot where it goes. If you tilt the gun forwards (towards the front site) you should see a spring, and probably an o-ring? The washer is from in there, in this order:

FRONT OF GUN: O-Ring - Washer - Spring

It might be tricky, but what I did was slid stuff back and forth until the o-ring was near the front of the gun, and the spring was back in the valve. Slip the washer in between them, and tilt the gun back. Hopefully the washer goes into the hole thing with the spring. Then you want to move the 0-ring down, and slide it into place. It's a tight fit, but you can push it into place with an allen key you got with it. Push the o-ring down so it is out of the way of the air-line fitting, and so it fits snugly in the tube.

Sorry if its not very descriptive, but in the exploded parts diagram, its in the very bottom left, the valve thing.

Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic