Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x7 cyclone and rt issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strandimal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x7 cyclone and rt issue
    Posted: 26 April 2007 at 9:03am
Hello Tippmann Techs.  I need help with my new X7.  I installed the rt, and it works great for the first few shots.  Then the rt's rate of fire deminishes rapidly, along with the cyclone's ability to function.  All seals and orings check out just fine.  The Palmer stabelizer helped, but these issues persists.  The local paintball store owner said this problem stems from a design flaw, and you can help.  What piece do you need to send me to make my gun work properly?
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 11:30am

No Tippmann techs here, but us amateurs might offer some insight.

First question:  Are you using CO2 or HPA?

Second question:  What upgrades do you have on your gun?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 6:13pm
I use co2 and a palmer stabelizer.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 6:24pm

I suspect CO2 may be the problem.  Even with a Stabilizer, CO2 and high rates of fire don't always play nice together.

Try an air tank and see how that works.

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 8:17pm
Are you running remote? I had a similar problem with a A-5 rt when I'd go for prolonged strings. With CO2. Why I use a regulator on it now.

I am waiting for the E grip to come out for the X-7. But I do have my X-7 cyclone on my E gripped A-5 and after setting the Regulator (an old wgp) to 550 I have found that I can rip longer strings. Seems your just suffering with Drop Off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 10:43am
Drop off would explain the rt's rips getting shorter, but how do you explain the cyclone failing to function?  The cyclone should never fail.  I'm sure compressed air would solve both issues, but...I don't want to spend that money on a tank.  There must be a better way. 
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 11:17am

The Cyclone feeds off the same excess gas as the RT, so an air supply problem will affect the Cyclone just as much as the RT.

Before you take drastic action to remedy this, you should make sure that it is a CO2-related problem.

Borrow an air tank if possible and see if the problem persists.  That will allow more specific troubleshooting.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic