Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

?’s about the a-5 with E-grip (w.a.s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trustgod777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trustgod777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ?’s about the a-5 with E-grip (w.a.s)
    Posted: 23 April 2007 at 12:14pm

So I just got a new a-5.  I was playing around with the electronics...And the only thing I adjusted was the bps rate.  I took it up to 17 just to see how it shot.  Went out back let er' rip...boy was I dissapointed.  It broke about every other ball that was shot out. Took FOREVER to clean out the cyclone feed.

The whole reason I got a tippmann a-5 was because I heard they were incredibly fast for the money, and I'm always seeing them at scenarios.  Did I get a bad apple?  Right out of the box I had problems.  Is there anything I can do to the cycolne feed to make it keep up with the gun?  I haven't adjusted any of the other settings on the gun.  I know nothing about dwell or any of that. 

If someone has any suggestions of what I can do or what the problem is please reply.  It's probably some small thing I've looked over. 

a-5 w/ egrip..
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 4:34pm
Three things:

Vortex Mod

Lightning Rod

QEV

those will let your cyclone keep up with the egrip. you broke a ton of balls because the stock a5 cyclone will only feed up to 13bps, you were shooting 17.

turn down your bps, and you'll get much better results...

besides, who needs to shoot 17bps, i shoot 6 to 8 with my RT and i have usually have firepower dominance on the speedball fields where i play.
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
trustgod777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trustgod777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 10:22pm

I mean I usually don't shoot that much paint with ANY gun, but I just wanted to see what it felt like to shoot 17.  I will def. look into those upgrades.  Thanks man.

a-5 w/ egrip..
scopez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 6:27pm

how fast can it shoot after those upgrades?

I am wondering Because I am upgrading to an e grip and would like to know which of those are the most necessary, and which will make it shoot upwards of 25bps or whatever, because I don't care about shooting that fast.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic