FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VT Shootings- Some thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VT Shootings- Some thoughts
    Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:51pm
Hindsight is allways 20/20 but the situation was too complicated for campus police. First they asess a potential murder/suicide in a dorm, no gunman, no reason to believe otherwise, start investigation. Second set of shootings begin, well planned out (ie chaining doors, massive ammo load)and now unprepared to deal with situation.

New police SOP is to asess, organize a "fireteam" of available officers, (in the case of an "active" shooter with hostages/innocents in area) and attempt a takedown, no longer a secure perimeter and wait tactic of old. Did not go as planned, trained, but they did best they could with info available.

The media compounded problems with contridictory information and reporting, further jeopardizing any containment of situation, great job there.

And now the beginings of another attempt to again take away the "law abiding" citizens 2nd Admendment Rights based again on the actions of an individual intent on evil, the gun killed no one, the individual pulling the trigger killed. If only one Concealed Carry Permitted gun owner was in crowd, who knows, but to keep the citizens of this country unarmed, when there is evil out there intent on doing you harm, lets make evil's job that much easier.

Isreal, and Switzerland have one of the lowest violent criminal act rates in the world, why, because everyone and every home has a gun and people are trained to use it, so Joe Criminal must take a chance he is not willing to, because getting shot back at is not as much fun or profitable for poor Joe Criminal.

So lets take away the guns here, so poor Joe Criminal does not have to fear the "law abiding" citizens he prays on.

Keep the Polititians for Politizing(sp) it for thier personal Political gain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by oldsoldier - 17 April 2007 at 10:00pm
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:53pm
I agree with everything.
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

I agree with everything.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:56pm
I agree with what you have written OS.

However, I must point out the ultimate irony of ending a message packed with pro-gun statements;

Originally posted by OS OS wrote:

KEEP THE POLITITIANS OUT OF IT!
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 9:58pm
OK, meant to say keep the Polititians for Politizizing it for thier personal Political gain.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:00pm

All these topics already covered, especially that there is no evidence showing someone else carrying a gun would have been a positive in the firefight. Too late, old now.

*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

OK, meant to say keep the Polititians for Politizizing it for thier personal Political gain.

There we go :)
WHO says eating pork is safe, but Mexicans have even cut back on their beloved greasy pork tacos. - MSNBC on the Swine Flu
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by The American The American wrote:

I agree with everything.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by ANARCHY_SCOUT ANARCHY_SCOUT wrote:

I agree with everything.
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:18pm
Why is this not in the existing thread?
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:20pm
For once, I really can't disagree with you at all, OS.
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:21pm
Because it wouldnt be seen by most.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

All these topics already covered, especially that there is no evidence showing someone else carrying a gun would have been a positive in the firefight. Too late, old now.

I have to agree, this easily could have gone in the other thread on this. Making a new thread almost looks like you're completely snubbing the other.

Anyways, Dune, I dont see why you're so convinced that if a CCW holder had been present it would have either have made no difference or made matters worse. Even if the odds are that a person with a gun would have not been able to prevent some amount of bloodshed(although I still dont see how you're drawing that conclusion) the odds of a CCW holder doing anything about it are exactly zero when nobody can carry. The logic you're using to justify your position just doesn't seem even close to concrete. Think about it, in a situation such as this, if a CCW holder were to engage the shooter early on and fire an entire magazine and every single shot managed to kill an innocent bystander, but he still managed to drop the shooter the death toll would have been lower. Even if the CCW holder got blown away, if he could prolong a firefight long enough for the shooter to dump a few rounds even that might reduce the overall death toll due to the shooter wasting time and ammunition.

I dont see how someone with a CCW engaging a shooter who's trying to maximize casulties by executing unarmed students could make the situation a hell of a lot worse. I mean, anything short of laying face down on the floor waiting for him to come over and shoot you in the back of the head seems like it would improve your chance of survival.

Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Originally posted by ANARCHY_SCOUT ANARCHY_SCOUT wrote:

I agree with everything.
prolitesniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:28pm
it was over a break up, crazy people, she didnt even cheat on him
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
45ci 3000psi Nitro System
blade trigger
4+1pack
Rp Fr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
This title is just way too old

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  Rp Fr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I have to agree, this easily could have gone in the other thread on this. Making a new thread almost looks like you're completely snubbing the other.

Anyways, Dune, I dont see why you're so convinced that if a CCW holder had been present it would have either have made no difference or made matters worse. Even if the odds are that a person with a gun would have not been able to prevent some amount of bloodshed(although I still dont see how you're drawing that conclusion) the odds of a CCW holder doing anything about it are exactly zero when nobody can carry. The logic you're using to justify your position just doesn't seem even close to concrete. Think about it, in a situation such as this, if a CCW holder were to engage the shooter early on and fire an entire magazine and every single shot managed to kill an innocent bystander, but he still managed to drop the shooter the death toll would have been lower. Even if the CCW holder got blown away, if he could prolong a firefight long enough for the shooter to dump a few rounds even that might reduce the overall death toll due to the shooter wasting time and ammunition.

I dont see how someone with a CCW engaging a shooter who's trying to maximize casulties by executing unarmed students could make the situation a hell of a lot worse. I mean, anything short of laying face down on the floor waiting for him to come over and shoot you in the back of the head seems like it would improve your chance of survival.

Yes. And as I posted in the other thread, CCW HAS resolved this sort of situation in the past.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:35pm
I have to agree wholeheartedly with OS on this one.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Why is this not in the existing thread?

We realize you do enjoy sharing your opinions OS, but he's got a point...
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Because it wouldnt be seen by most.

I agree, I know I wouldn't have read it.  I got lost in all the debating in the other thread.
*Stealth* View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Watermarked

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Stealth* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 10:48pm
Oh come on people, we have a new Desktop thread every other week.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic