Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VT Shootings- Some thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 9:45am

I am not saying that is no European home where the occupant has acquired some extra ammo for their service weapon.

What I am saying is that your implication that a large number of households have military weapons with available ammo is incorrect.  I know of NOBODY that has ammunition they could use in their weapon - in fact, most of them intentionally keep their weapon disassembled and separated far from the ammo, to avoid accidents.  It's not just a matter of ammo availability, but of mindset.

Are there one or two exceptions out there - probably.  But your portrayal of these nations as vigilante-ready is factually incorrect.

There is an obvious way to check - look for instances where any European, from a country where weapon+sealed ammo is issued, has used their service weapon (loaded) for any purpose at all other than authorized drills.

I haven't looked.  I encourage you to.  You may find one or two incidents with nutballs, but if your theory were correct there would be a large number of incidents, and without nutballs.

Edited by Clark Kent - 06 May 2007 at 9:46am
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 10:00am

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

But your portrayal of these nations as vigilante-ready is factually incorrect.

yea, i doubt a country like switzerland (allows soldiers to have their weapons in their homes) is gonna rise up out of no where and take over the world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic