FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Virginia Tech shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

My dad herd on Xbox Live that the shooters ex-girlfriend caused this.

I just saw a news report on a family in my area who has a daughter at the college.  During their interview, they mentioned something about a girlfriend, but it wasn't really clear what they meant.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

My dad herd on Xbox Live that the shooters ex-girlfriend caused this.

That's as credible as Fox News.

Anyways. What is it about April that makes people crazy. Oklahoma City, Lincoln's assasination, Columbine...

Edited by Dune - 16 April 2007 at 5:17pm
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:17pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Wiki

Don't people have anything better to do than to rush out put possibly false information on a very popular website?
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:22pm

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

I'm applying to VT too, go in state tuition!!!  I wonder if this'll improve my chances

Originally posted by DarkSideEchoes DarkSideEchoes wrote:

The press says they suspect that this might be a terrorist attack, but it was done by an asian guy so I don't think that theory is valid.

I normally try to be civil and respectful on this forum (and elsewhere) but will the two of you please shut up?  Your ignorance is showing.

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by The American The American wrote:

Originally posted by High Voltage High Voltage wrote:

Wiki

Don't people have anything better to do than to rush out put possibly false information on a very popular website?

Welcome to the internet..
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:27pm
I'm calling shens... VT is a gun free zone. This couldn't possibly have happened. 

Too many sheep, not enough sheepdogs. One person, just one with a CCW could have saved dozens of lives. Or for that matter, a couple of unarmed folks who decided to pull a flight 93 on the perp.

I just hope if I'm ever in a situation that I have the balls to go down fighting... None of this kneel in a line and get executed crap.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:46pm
One jackass shoots 60 people and expends god knows how many rounds and the police dont even engage him. Granded you could kill a lot of people trapped in a building, but from the cell phone vids I'm seeing the police were taking cover and not moving while there's shooting going on in the background. Why you're not running balls out and engaging this guy I have no idea.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:50pm
Kinda like they did at Columbine...

ps
  Why all the hostility at the wiki? I think it's been really interesting how info on this event has been reported on and spread and whatnot...True look at the future of news...

Edited by .Ryan - 16 April 2007 at 5:53pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Kinda like they did at Columbine...

ps
  Why all the hostility at the wiki? I think it's been really interesting how info on this event has been reported on and spread and whatnot...True look at the future of news...

welcome guest View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Man is Keeping Me Down, Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welcome guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:06pm

Sorry I have to do this.

But check out this fat cop. A whole bunch of cops show up for this shooting at the same time. And porky the pig takes his time and then stops half way to take a break.  

http://www.wfsb.com/video/12189653/index.html

I bet you if you said the donut shop was on fire he would be the first one there.

RoboCop View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:07pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

I just hope if I'm ever in a situation that I have the balls to go down fighting... None of this kneel in a line and get executed crap.
Same here.

I would rather risk my life to save a few others. Besides if he is going to start killing, might as well try and take the gunman down. I just hope more people around me would help.

SandMan:"oh yeah, sporx is totally hot"
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:14pm
I'm not saying how the police acted was right. But it's funny to hear all this "going down in a blaze of glory" stuff. This macho hero stuff is all good until you are actually in the situation and you realize how much you want to live. Of course you want to help, but hostage or police, it's not always the movies.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:14pm
Oh boy, here comes the traditional tippmann forum boasting of how each forumer here would have pulled out their deagle and had it out with the shooter, and would have saved the day.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:17pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Oh boy, here comes the traditional tippmann forum boasting of how each forumer here would have pulled out their deagle and had it out with the shooter, and would have saved the day.

Beat you to it chewp.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:18pm
As for Jack Thompson, he's already done it guys:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/virginia-tech/breaking-idiot-blames -va-shooting-on-games-252702.php

And what other news network to let him on.....Fox
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:18pm
You do no good by adding another casualty to the situation.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I'm not saying how the police acted was right. But it's funny to hear all this "going down in a blaze of glory" stuff. This macho hero stuff is all good until you are actually in the situation and you realize how much you want to live. Of course you want to help, but hostage or police, it's not always the movies.

Agreed
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:28pm

Generally agree - but in bri's defense, he specified stated that he HOPED he would have the courage to do so, rather than unfoundedly declaring what he would have done.

Edited by Clark Kent - 16 April 2007 at 6:29pm
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Generally agree - but in bri's defense, he specified stated that he HOPED he would have the courage to do so, rather than unfoundedly declaring what he would have done.

I will agree on Bri's behalf.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic