FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Virginia Tech shooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I hate to do this in public

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 2:33pm

Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Well, it's on the political radar. The Senate just had a comment and a moment of silence and Bush commented earlier and is making a statement at 4:15....

This guy was probably extremely mentally ill though, which will somewhat subvert the need for a scape goat, so we may not see as many tie raids on games and guns....

Yes, my young padawan, mental illness is surely THE contibuting factor here.  I mean, hell, who does this kind of thing?  But I also assure you that they will find a Playstation 2, or X-box, or whatever, with GTA, or Hitman, or some other such violent fare which will SURELY be added to the list of contibutors to this tragedy.  Won't even need to be HIS PS2/3 or Xbox, just that he had access to one that had violent games with it.  I can almost guarantee it at this point...

Mental illness will not be enough of a scapegoat for the media on this one...  They will need something else to give it some zing...

Edited by FlimFlam - 16 April 2007 at 2:35pm

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 2:35pm
Woah, I know a lot of people that go to VA Tech, it's really close to where I live. I hope the death count stops going up soon.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 2:39pm
Well, the Amish school shooting didn't bring up this stuff anymore than it had been before the shooting, so ya never know. 'Course, this is obviously much more extreme and dramatic....I think it's gonna be hard to predict this kinda thing until we learn more about the shooter. I'm still not convinced that it was just one guy....

BTW, CNN just said this is the deadliest shooting incident in the history of the US....wow.

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 2:45pm
My roommate that I told you about that has been annoying me for sometime turned down music about shooting people to ask me about the shooting at Va Tech and agree with me that it's terrible that a person would even consider doing such a thing. He then started a new song which also had to do with shooting people.

I thought you all would appreciate the irony.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

My roommate that I told you about that has been annoying me for sometime turned down music about shooting people to ask me about the shooting at Va Tech and agree with me that it's terrible that a person would even consider doing such a thing. He then started a new song which also had to do with shooting people.I thought you all would appreciate the irony.

Not THAT ironic really. If I listen to a song, and someone references doing coke, doesnt mean anything about my views on it. Same goes for movies, anything.
c4cypher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c4cypher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by FlimFlam FlimFlam wrote:

Well, it's on the political radar. The Senate just had a comment and a moment of silence and Bush commented earlier and is making a statement at 4:15....

This guy was probably extremely mentally ill though, which will somewhat subvert the need for a scape goat, so we may not see as many tie raids on games and guns....

Yes, my young padawan, mental illness is surely THE contibuting factor here.  I mean, hell, who does this kind of thing?  But I also assure you that they will find a Playstation 2, or X-box, or whatever, with GTA, or Hitman, or some other such violent fare which will SURELY be added to the list of contibutors to this tragedy.  Won't even need to be HIS PS2/3 or Xbox, just that he had access to one that had violent games with it.  I can almost guarantee it at this point...

Mental illness will not be enough of a scapegoat for the media on this one...  They will need something else to give it some zing...

I dread the thought of Jack Thompson riding his horse over that hill once more ...

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

My roommate that I told you about that has been annoying me for sometime turned down music about shooting people to ask me about the shooting at Va Tech and agree with me that it's terrible that a person would even consider doing such a thing. He then started a new song which also had to do with shooting people.I thought you all would appreciate the irony.

Not THAT ironic really. If I listen to a song, and someone references doing coke, doesnt mean anything about my views on it. Same goes for movies, anything.

For irony, I just heard this kid on CNN say that his friend or is in Iraq called him to make sure he was ok....

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by c4cypher c4cypher wrote:

Well, it's on the political radar. The Senate just had a comment and a moment of silence and Bush commented earlier and is making a statement at 4:15....This guy was probably extremely mentally ill though, which will somewhat subvert the need for a scape goat, so we may not see as many tie raids on games and guns....

Yes, my young padawan, mental illness is surely THE contibuting factor here. I mean, hell, who does this kind of thing? But I also assure you that they will find a Playstation 2, or X-box, or whatever, with GTA, or Hitman, or some other such violent fare which will SURELY be added to the list of contibutors to this tragedy. Won't even need to be HIS PS2/3 or Xbox, just that he had access to one that had violent games with it. I can almost guarantee it at this point...

Mental illness will not be enough of a scapegoat for the media on this one... They will need something else to give it some zing...

I dread the thought of Jack Thompson riding his horse over that hill once more ...

Oh sweet christ I hope not...

I want to play it

Edited by choopie911 - 16 April 2007 at 3:18pm
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by c4cypher c4cypher wrote:

Jack Thompson is probably quivering with anticipation at this point.  He may even be touching himself...

impulse! View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Repeat Offender

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:43pm
I wonder how long another copy cat shooting will happen.
FlimFlam View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlimFlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:46pm

Originally posted by impulse! impulse! wrote:

I wonder how long another copy cat shooting will happen.

Bingo... the more news play this gets, the more likely a "repeat" will occur...

High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:54pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 4:31pm

Wow. This really dampens Columbine. A lot of young lives cut short.

And on a political note, the gun-nuts aren't gonna like this...

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 4:35pm
God bless the dead...
///AMG What?
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 4:46pm
Wow, if they would have stopped the guy after the first shooting only 2 people would have died....now it's up to 33 dead, 15 injured...

The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 4:52pm
It will be interesting to see what/if colleges across the country take any kind of action to stiffen security/safety or anything a long those lines.
jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:03pm

They definitely need more info. What happened for the two hoyrs after the first shooting? Shouldn't there have been buildings evacuated and massive amounts of police all over campus?

It always says students received no warnings other than an Email 2 hours later?

Granted it's a 2,600 acre campus but what were they thinking not telling everyone?

Que pasa?

DarkSideEchoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkSideEchoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:04pm

The press says they suspect that this might be a terrorist attack, but it was done by an asian guy so I don't think that theory is valid.

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:06pm

My dad herd on Xbox Live that the shooters ex-girlfriend caused this.

.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 5:06pm
Terrorists don't have to be arab....AQ has a strong standing in South-East Asia....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic