FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

íCocker Fight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: íCocker Fight
    Posted: 15 April 2007 at 8:50pm

Well, this is a trade for my E-Mag. Don't ask why, just stick to the question at hand...

Today's contenders are a Raced Free Flow Mellinium vs. a bone stock VF-Tactical.It may sound like a "no durr" solution, but bear with me, and think abou this one.

First, the FF.

Only information I've got of this one is it comes with all the cables/parts needed.

Now, the Tactical.

Bone stock. Includes, and I quote: "System -VF- T Front Block, AR Guard shroud for the 3-way, The Grip feed neck,03 Vertical Autococker Custom Milling, an all delron bolt with o-rings, a second generation hinge frame,the WGP curve trigger, an Orr-acle valve spring, -VF- T ram, CT-3 way, Outkast adjustable front regulator, Ergo regulator with low pressure end cap, black magic pull pin, black anodized pump rod, cocking rod and actuating rod."

Now for my reasons for each.

Free Flow: Well, duh. It's beautiful. And Raced. It will give me all I'll ever need in a 'cocker. But that's it, It's all I'll need. I can't cut it, tinker with it, or otherwise upgrade it. Bleh. This is just a straight trade.

VF-Tactical: I'm a rec baller. It will cover both aspects of the sport. Plus, it's nothing special, so I can cut it, mod it, upgrade it, etc. I've got my Gemini kit waiting for a nice mech, and this is a nice mech. Also, he's willing to front $150 as well.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by DeTrevni - 15 April 2007 at 8:50pm
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 10:01pm
Freeflow. Unless dude is offering you a ton of extra cash for the VFT trade.

If Look at it this way, if you want to use the gemini, you can swap out the front block on the race, pick up a decently cheap frame at close-out prices (from virtually ANYWHERE these days) and have the best of both worlds. Tell you what. If I don't go all out and get the Osiris, I'll BUY you a decent .45 and internals off of MCB and you can use that to make the mech out of it. You know it's worth it. Besides, you still need an extra LPR before you can use the gemini, at least you'd have a working high-end sear-tripper to play with until you saved up for a decent LPR (SCM-III all the way!)

Besides, there are enough FF's out there that it wouldn't kill you to half-block it and send it to Rainman for anno if you really want to tinker with it big time. Besides, there's more than enough tinkering to be had. If that thing doesn't have a delrin bolt, QEV's, AKA straight-arm, and a light back-block, it isn't optimized. And who knows, maybe I'll get tired of the MQ valve... well.... no I wouldn't but it's still something you could do!

Just my $0.02
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2007 at 10:49pm
Personally I would go with the FF unless you are getting more cash for the VF trade. AND if you get the FF and decide you would rather go mech...well let's say I have a nice home for the Race if Tallen doesn't snatch it from you first.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:31am

Dont you already have a Cocker or two? Keep the Mag...

Even though the FF is dead sexy

Commander_Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander_Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 12:04pm
Keep the mag.
2005 Freestyle
Naughty Dawg Freestyle
Angel LCD
SP-8
Tippmann 98 Custom
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by SSOK SSOK wrote:

Dont you already have a Cocker or two? Keep the Mag...

Even though the FF is dead sexy

Unfortunately no, I'm 'cockerless ATM. (Giggleinnuendogiggle)

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by karll karll wrote:

Personally I would go with the FF unless you are getting more cash for the VF trade. AND if you get the FF and decide you would rather go mech...well let's say I have a nice home for the Race if Tallen doesn't snatch it from you first.

Nah, there's 2-3 other Raceguns I'm looking at right now. I may pick up that Race'd MQ you dragged your feet on. I'll let you know how nicely it blazes.
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:13pm

Definitly the FreeFlow.

Just like you said, its a plain cocker, except tactical.

Your mag isnt plain, the cocker is.  That $150 couldnt make it close to the beauty of the FreeFlow.

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 3:17pm
if your not going to take the Race your a damn fool.
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Originally posted by karll karll wrote:

Nah, there's 2-3 other Raceguns I'm looking at right now. I may pick up that Race'd MQ you dragged your feet on. I'll let you know how nicely it blazes.

Ahh, you dog.

Edited by karll - 16 April 2007 at 4:46pm

jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:02pm
FF for sure.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 6:38pm
Go for the FF. It looks good and we know how good it'll shoot. Dont let it pass you by.It'll be worth it, way worth it.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 11:46pm

Well, the FF is pending to me right now. But I regret to inform you I will be parting with her shortly after I get her.

karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 11:54pm
Car to share your plans?

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 12:23am
I refuse to disclose any information until everything is secure. :P

No point in raising hopes, getting a bunch of ooo's and aaah's and having the deal tank...

karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 12:30am
Fair enough. I'll be pulling for you.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 9:40pm
I'm kinda surprised Tallen hasn't chewed me out for trading it off the second I (potentially) get it...

jerseypaint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseypaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Well, the FF is pending to me right now. But I regret to inform you I will be parting with her shortly after I get her.

Atleast give her a test run. I can't believe you're going to part with her that fast. I would atleast go to the field and gloat/boast a little on how amazing it is.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 10:51pm

There it is...

Oh well, you'll just have to trust it will all be good in the end!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2007 at 9:53am
I'm sure you've got something great lined up. So long as it isn't another mag.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic