FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

íCocker Fight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 12:14pm

Well, it fell through. I was that close too.

It was an Osiris. That's all I want to say.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 12:36pm

I do indeed cry for you.
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 1:48pm
Dude, that sucks! But still, a FF w/ Race isn't too shabby!
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 4:51pm
well ide go with the tac. mainly because you can mill the hell out of it and not even care. you definatly need to get more cash out the guy though if your giving up an E-mag.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2007 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by stick_boy_2002 stick_boy_2002 wrote:

well ide go with the tac. mainly because you can mill the hell out of it and not even care. you definatly need to get more cash out the guy though if your giving up an E-mag.
Too late, man. The things have been shipped, and now I await the Race. Hey, it's another excuse to make my own Osiris. 

karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 2:08am
Is an Osiris always a mech, or can you do an "E-Osiris." I thought it was only for mechs but I swear I remember seeing a video of a guy with an Osiris that was doing full auto.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 2:13am

Actually, you got it backwards. The Osiris is electric only. The Gemini is mech only. The Osiris and Gemini are completely different systems.

The Gemini uses 2 LPR's to control the input PSI to the ram. One for the forward stroke, one for the retracting stroke. That way, you can lower the retracting stroke to incredibly low input and never chop.

The Osiris uses an internal pneumatic ram instead of a mechanical, spring/sear/hammer combo to strike the valve. The 2 LPR's on the Osiris control the bolt and the internal ram. This is what gives the Osiris it's godlike speed. Like the Gemini, though, the ram can be tuned so low it will never chop. It also uses a second 'noid to control the internal ram. If you look on Osirises, there is a 'noid tray above the frame.

Edited by DeTrevni - 22 April 2007 at 2:15am

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 9:00am

Oh man, I cant wait to see it. Are you keeping it or is it going out soon after you receive it? Good trade though!

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 12:42pm
Ahhhh, ok.

So is the internal pneumatic ram something like an mQ valve? How many solenoids are there all together on the Osiris?

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

Oh man, I cant wait to see it. Are you keeping it or is it going out soon after you receive it? Good trade though!

Huh? The Race or the Osiris? I was unable to get the Osiris, so I'm "stuck" with the Race. Still a very good gun though, so unless it's something I've been really wanting, I think I'll keep the Race.

Originally posted by karll karll wrote:

Ahhhh, ok.

So is the internal pneumatic ram something like an mQ valve? How many solenoids are there all together on the Osiris?

Well, the MQ is electric. But yeah, kinda like that. It had 2 'noids. One for the bolt ram, the other for the internal ram.

Edited by DeTrevni - 22 April 2007 at 2:42pm

karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 3:04pm
So there is obviously an lpr before the solenoid the regulate the high pressure down to something the solenoid can handle.

Is the other lpr positioned in line between the solenoid and the return stroke on the ram?

Sorry, just trying to make sense of it all. If I am understanding it correctly, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 3:27pm
Both LPR's are situated on the front block. It's kinda confusing to follow. I almost made my own Osiris once, but now Ric has that project. I may have to try again...

karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2007 at 4:45pm
I looked at a bunch of pictures, but it is so damn hard to follow in 2D. If there was a cleaner way to do it, I would be all over it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic