FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

E-bolt hoses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
carl_the_sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - 7/29, Bad Linky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 9:57pm
<just say no to unnecessarily sexualized sigs>
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 10:36pm

Carl,

What in the world have you to say that amounts to over 4700 posts (at this time) when you don't know how the ball gets blown out of the end of the barrel? I hope you haven't been passing yourself off as an expert to a bunch of new players.

Guys, should we ban Carl from the forum until the can pass a comprehensive test on marker function?

Oh, BTW, that is "I can't remember what the heck it does."

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 08 April 2007 at 10:38pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 11:13pm

ummm... I thought it was different for an e-bolt?

I thought any air that is used for the marker to function, passes through the solenoid and into the ram?

sorry that I can't figure out what the air in front of the ram does.

I know how it's done on a normal marker, I just can't figure out the point of it an an ebolt

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 08 April 2007 at 11:18pm
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Extra "L" for sale. PM with offer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 11:51pm
Just stop posting about it. You really aren't helping your case.

Get something that is adjustable up to 800 or so, just in case.
PlentifulBalls "It's cool, I'll be dead before I'm not pretty."
Gatyr "Stupid things exist."

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 12:42am

Well I needed to know if a reg directly into the asa (not the lpr) would help alot.

karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 12:49am
Ok, first of all, do you have a vertical adapter?

bluecocker33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluecocker33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 2:20am
A normal marker?

All the ebolt does is make a 98/98c operate like a timmay,bushmaster,angel etc.. so if you know how one of them works then its the same general concept..

Shouldn't be had to figure out!

And nine out of ten times a reg is going to help. It will help keep the airflow consistant and help on spikes when using Co2.

As the more consistant airflow into the gun the better your accuracu is going to be.. but you will also need a good paint to barrel match and good paint.

God I miss the days when you was promoted on merit not post.. reason i'm not a gold member anymore.. won't let me be till I hit a grand but its no biggie to me so I will continue to post useful info till I make my mark.

Chad
Team Uncanny
TAG Sportz
Predator Inside
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 3:08am

Carl, Carl, Carl!!! The only mechanical difference between the standard marker and the marker with an E-Bolt is the method used to strike the pin of the power valve.

The standard marker uses a spring to drive the "hammer" forward to strike the pin of the power valve. The E-Bolt marker uses a pneumatic ram, instead of a spring, to drive the "hammer" forward to strike the pin of the power valve.

The power valve is still the part that controls the gas flow through the marker to drive the ball out of the barrel.

Gas to the power valve is separate from the gas that goes to the ram via the solenoid.

Some of the  gas from the ASA enters a low pressure regulator (Built into the GTA ASA or added to a port in a standard ASA) that is routed to the solenoid valve that controls actuation of the ram. All this gas does is actuate the ram driving the hammer on the end of the ram rod into the pin valve which opens the power valve. That ram gas is vented having no function in directly propelling the ball.

The remainder of the gas from the ASA travels through the hose (braid or Macroline) to the power valve. If the power valve is a low pressure type there needs to be another regulator (and a Volumizer)between the ASA and the power valve to reduce the pressure that the power valve sees.

But, LP Power Valve or not, there is a separate volume of gas from the ASA that goes to the power valve. The power valve pin is struck by the ram's hammer rod (or ram rod head) which then releases gas into the power tube. That gas travels forward through the forward bolt to push the ball.

Carl, it's all now been said and I am still disturbed that you have not understood the functional operation of your marker to this point.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 09 April 2007 at 3:10am
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 3:10am
Originally posted by carl_the_sniper carl_the_sniper wrote:

ok, thanks

just wondering, what is the air that goes from the asa, into the marker used for? (not the air that goes into the soleniod, the air that would go up the steel braided or macro line)

:o

I am stunned.

Edited by hybrid-sniper - 09 April 2007 at 3:11am
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 3:46am

Oh, starting to make sense.

Sorry but what I thought was happening (which I now know is wrong) was that:

-air goes into ram, pushes ram out

-linkage arm which is attached to ram moves out with bolt

-bolt hits paintball, flies out, spring on ram returns

But what is actually happening is more like the opposite of what I thought, and if I am to be correct, The whole purpose of the ram is to return the bolt back into it's origional position?

Sorry guys, now I see that it was stupid. I completely misunderstood what the ebolt actually changes on the firing system of the marker.

So, to clarify, does it help alot if the air going into the soleniod is regulated first (therefore, I would have to run it between the tank an lpr) or can I just run it in a standard regulator position? (between the lpr and marker)

bluecocker33 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluecocker33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 4:54am
Well to answer that question.

It already is getting regulated. LPR-low pressure reg.. it brings the pressure down from the 850psi tank output to 40-60psi into the 'noid.

But as explained before putting a reg between the lpr/asa gta setup and the marker is where you sill see the most benefit.

And you could always use a aftermarket type lpr[any lpr that works on a cocker] and it would provide a little better consistancy tha the GTA setup, but then you would have to get a asa that has two places for a hose.

Chad

Team Uncanny
TAG Sportz
Predator Inside
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 2:10pm

Originally posted by bluecocker33 bluecocker33 wrote:

Well to answer that question.

It already is getting regulated. LPR-low pressure reg.. it brings the pressure down from the 850psi tank output to 40-60psi into the 'noid.

But as explained before putting a reg between the lpr/asa gta setup and the marker is where you sill see the most benefit.

Ok, thanks that's actually the answer i wanted to hear.
And you could always use a aftermarket type lpr[any lpr that works on a cocker] and it would provide a little better consistancy tha the GTA setup, but then you would have to get a asa that has two places for a hose.
Ehh... too far ahead right now

Chad

Thanks man, assuming I have enough money left over after I buy a tank, I will also buy a cheap reg and maybe a gauge adaptor.

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 09 April 2007 at 2:11pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 2:14pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:37am

i found a nice empire reg, almost new off the nation, only thing is it's only 180-600 psi.

go or no go?

Edited by carl_the_sniper - 10 April 2007 at 12:38am
karll View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:51am
You should be able to get by with that. Wait for Bruce or someone though.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:55am

ok, thanks

waiting

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 3:56pm
...waiting
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 4:24pm

And you completed an ebolted US5 without knowing how the ebolt works...

i feel bad for that US5

jeez carl...
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:45pm
600 psi on the top end may be enough to operate the standard marker. A reg in that range would be better with a LPK.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carl_the_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 9:47pm
may... am I better off not risking it and waiting for another?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic