Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 LPS Components Purpose? Part Nos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 LPS Components Purpose? Part Nos?
    Posted: 03 April 2007 at 10:33pm

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me what the purpose of the vertical cylinder attached to the tomb stone on the Low Pressure Systems Vertical Adapter Assembly is? Is this just an expansion chamber for CO2 or does it serve some other purpose.

My set-up is an A5, LPS, Regulator, Remote using compressed air and I want to make room for the fore grip so I was thinking if that is just an expansion chamber for CO2 then I shouldnt need it using compressed air I could remove the vertical adapter assembly, move my regulator to the tomb stone, would that cause some problems Im not seeing?

And then on a related topic, does anyone know what parts of the LPS internals are stock parts and what is specific for the LPS. I think I am going to attempt to rebuild my sons valve assembly ( he also has an LPS set-up) and Im trying to figure out what the part numbers are. I was also wondering about ordering spare banjo fittings and hose for the cyclone that comes with the LPS. If no one has good info on this I will see what Tippmann can tell and post the results so others might find it useful.

Comments Appreciated

Zeee

Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 10:54pm

That is the low pressure chamber.  When running with low pressure, the gun needs to accumulate more volume of air to make up for the lower pressure.  That's what the LP chamber is for.  Definitely required.

What you could do, however, with some modding, is use a female Stabilizer, or otherwise move the regulator away from the foregrip position.  Leave the LP chamber where it is, but direct feed from the regulator instead of using the regulator/foregrip adapter.  Then use a foregrip of your choice.

That has been done a few times around here, but is definitely not a mod for the weak.

Zeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 12:47am

Hay! Thanks,

I kind of already knew that would be wishful thinking. So all we have is a vertical ASA adapter and a cylinder to act as a reservoir? I dont suppose a standard expansion chamber would work would it ( I know, wishful thinking again) Seems like the xchanbers I have seen are not near as large are the cylinder on the LPS. But, all I need is a resevour and the regulator right?

Ok.. here is another idea perhaps some could comment on..

What If I was to mount the regulator at the tank on the remote? Would I still need the low pressure chamber our would the air line do the job? And if I do still need the chamber what if it was mounted at the tank as well?

Comments would be great

Thanks,

Zeee

Zeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2007 at 1:08am

I posted my last and got to thinking about it which brought up a few more issues Im wondering about. Does the mounting position matter to the regulator? Im mean, it should function properly even it its mounted upside down right?

And then would the slide check and the quick disconnect function correctly at the lower pressure?

Zeee

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic