Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

question on nitro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ZackM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZackM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: question on nitro
    Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:11pm

so i was thinking about getting a nitrogen tank for my 98. first thing i was wondering is what a good size to get is. also do they just use compressed air to fill the tank with? cause i have an air compresser and was wondering if i would be able to fill it myself.

thanks

Give to them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!
John_doe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John_doe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:18pm
for the size it depends on how much you shoot, if you are sneeking around and dont shoot to much you could get a 47/3000 or something that size.  If you kinda are in the middle you should get a 68/4500 they are the most popular size.  If you are laying down alot of paint then and 88/4500 would be pretty good.

and no you wouldn't be able to fill it your self, most air comp. that are sold in hardware stores go to 120 maybe 200 psi to fill a HPA tank you would need a compressor that goes up to 3000 or 4500 psi
Tippmann 98c
palmers stab
14" werks barrel
halo B
Ebolt
lpk
Custom double trigger
white paint

Milled
sight
letters
front grip
velocity lip
warning filled
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 6:52am
Easy way to think about what size tank you want.

Approximate shots per tank:

3000psi tank: 10 shots per ci.

4500psi tank: 15 shots per ci.

So for example, if you get a 47/3000... you can expect about 450-470 shots per TRUE fill.
Or with a 68/4500... around 1000-1020 shots.

As stated above, while it does use compressed air, the compressor you probably have access to will not have the ability to reach 3000 or 4500psi.
ZackM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZackM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 11:38pm

alright thanks. also what is a good tank brand.

Give to them nothing, but take from them EVERYTHING!
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2007 at 3:23am
Crossfire, Macdev, DXS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic