FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FN Five-Seven

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 7:12pm

I honestly wasn't so upset about your post, as I don't get upset often, as you may have noticed. I just kinda looped it all into one big rant.

I got upset when Frogman decided to jump on the bandwagon. I wouldn't call myself over sensitive, but some things are just stupid to say.

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 7:14pm
I laughed at his post, and laughed harder at the response it got. 

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

I am not anti-gun. I own various firearms.Oh, and Shorty, I don't play paintball either. I find it a boring hobby. I just enjoy giving the over-sensitive gun nuts a hard time to watch them scramble and whine.
Oh, I know. I've seen the pictures of your wheelgun... nice piece.

And I don't believe for one second that it's all about you enjoying giving the "over-sensitive gun nuts" a hard time to watch them scramble and whine.

You do that for every group.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

You do that for every group.

Gotta keep people on their toes.

DeTrevni View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Originally posted by DeTrevni DeTrevni wrote:

Bleh.

You are late for your Well Regulated Militia meeting.

Dangit! Not again!

Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 8:42pm
hey shorty i dont have penis envy. i just like shooting. well the M249 and M16's got boring for me. so i figur ei'll branch into pistols until that gets boring.

as for the 5.7 being high velocity, i dont remember who said it, but only the government and military versions can be considered that in my opinion. those rounds are capable of going through modern kevlar crap. civilian versions which i am debating on getting at 21 with 20 round mags because frankly i dont care what mass says about gun laws will not have that ability to go through kevlar.

I have yet to shoot the 45 ACP. I am disappointed in myself for not shooting that today when I had the chance
Mr. Doodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 8:53pm
.45 ACP is a great cartridge, it should be used by people like you guys in the armed services.  Great stopping power, better than those panzee-ass M9's.  Although the .45 ACP is loud as hell.
I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

hey shorty i dont have penis envy.
Yes, I know.    I was trying to be a bit sarcastic, given the reply from FROG MAN. (I was speakin up for ya)

I have yet to shoot the 45 ACP.

You and me both! I'm hoping the range is open Easter Sunday so I can embarrass myself. I'm a fairly horrid shot as is... kicking it up a notch from 9mm to 45ACP should prove entertaining.

kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2007 at 11:51pm
45. are a very fun gun to shoot, but if it is your first time make sure you keep both hands on the gun for the first shot at least....I learned this the hard way.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 7:48am
ha I know you were being sarcastic I'm not that dumb.
c4cypher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c4cypher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 8:15am

5.7 = Five seveN = P90

*drool*

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 9:31am

Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

Lots of women shoot to, does that make them butch?

Uh yes.

Careful there chief. My fiancee is an expierenced pistol shot, and fails to meet 'butch' criteria.

I don't know what all the fuss is about concerning the .45 ACP and its recoil. I played with a .45 a while back and didn't have any trouble controlling it, and I'm far from being Mr. Universe when it comes to strength.

Edited by Reb Cpl - 02 April 2007 at 9:33am
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 9:44am
sounds wicked sweet
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Reb Cpl Reb Cpl wrote:

I don't know what all the fuss is about concerning the .45 ACP and its recoil.
Probably a bad assumption on my part.
If I find that the recoil from my 1911 is equal to or less than that of my P01... I will be happy.
I still won't be accurate... but I'll be happy.   
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 9:58am
The M1911 can be very accurate when handled properly, train with it and you'll get it. I find what helps with accuracy is using smaller calibur guns and moving up from there. My first pistol is going to be a Springfeild Mil-spec M1911 and with it I'm purchasing a .22 conversion kit, getting good with that and then trying the .45 but keeping the .22 for plinking becuase it's expensive ass to go out and buy a box of .45's so that I can shoot at golf balls.
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:05am

The first time I pulled a trigger on a 1911 .45 I tagged a bowling pin at 40yards. (give or take, it was a while ago)

That was the first time I'd ever shot a pistol that wasn't a black powder revolver. I was scared as hell from the stories I'd heard from people talking about the .45 being too much gun for people. After I went through a magazine, I came to the conclusion that those gags are nothing but bunk. Its a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.

The only time I thought shooting a 9mm was worthwhile was when I toyed around with an MP5. I just don't like smaller caliber pistols. "If you're going to rely on something with limited range, don't limit your stopping power." is my adopted mantra concerning pistols.

That being said, I don't do much pistol shooting in general. No permit as yet, ammo and guns being expensive....I've confined myself to long arms. Like you Shorty, I just don't believe myself accurate enough.  

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:06am

Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

I don't know what all the fuss is about concerning the .45 ACP and its recoil.
Probably a bad assumption on my part.
If I find that the recoil from my 1911 is equal to or less than that of my P01... I will be happy.
I still won't be accurate... but I'll be happy.   

1911's have pretty low recoil in comparison to other guns of the same calibre. Of course...they're alot heavier. My Commander doesn't recoil as hard as my dad's .38 detective special.

.357 mag in a titanium frame-THAT's some recoil .

Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:08am

bah. You want recoil?

Magnum Research .45/70 or .500 revolvers.

stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 10:17am

bah. You want recoil?

Magnum Research .45/70 or .500 revolvers.

I'll see your Magnum research and raise you one 45-70 Derringer...

Teh wristwrecker FTW.

Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2007 at 11:20am
single shot?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic