Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Time to Change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 Time to Change
    Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:15pm

Yes, I have searched for these questions I'm about to ask. The search button is my friend . Anyway, I'm very new to this forum, and I guess you could say paintball at that. Although I have played for over a year I have not learned all the lingo and have not been exposed to all the accessories that could make my A-5 a killing machine against my friends. A few days of looking through the forum, I have caught a few things that I might want to do to my A-5. But before I tell you what I want to upgrade, the things I have are, A-5 Flatline barrel, and the stock gun basically.I would like to purchase these things if they will improve the performance of my marker. These things are:

I believe I understand the E-Grip and found it costs about $100 dollars. (If I am wrong correct me) Also, I can see a point in the Double Trigger, as for faster speed. But could my stock trigger work with the E-Grip aswell? I have heard some members on this forum talk about the Low Pressure kit for chopping, but is it a must need? If I haven't posted anything that I could want to look into please reply. Thanks!

Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:17pm
Oh something I forgot to post was, which parts of my A-5 would I really want to lubricate? And would Hoppers Lubricant work for the job?
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:20pm

LPK really isnt all that necessary, but it does lower the operating pressure, which has its ups. The Egrip is pretty standard and you can use your single trigger with it , you just might not sling as much paint. Rather than the GTA trigger, I would reccomend the JCS Dual trigger as it's very comfortable and easy to use.

You may think about a straight barrel. I would reccomend the JJ Ceramic if you're not looking to spend a lot but want a reliable barrel.

Oil all the moving parts if you disassemble completely. You can however just remove your barrel, place 2-3 drops of oil in the ASA and dry fire the gun 10-12 times to get the oil through the gun. Hoppes 9 works great.

Edited by sinisterNorth - 29 March 2007 at 9:22pm
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:38pm
Alright thank you for the input, I do not think I will buy the low pressure kit as I have not experienced chopping while in game. Now the JJ Ceramic barrel, where could I find this and why would it give me any other advantages rather than the FlateLine. The trigger I have seen, but I do not know where to purchase either. If you could lead me in the right direction I could pick them up.
wang949 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wang949 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:14pm
The J&J will be more accurate(and chop less), but not have the range that your flatline enjoys.

If you're going to get an Egrip, then you might want to check out the RAMPAGE board and grip package
http://www.tippmannpros.com/APE-Rampage-Board-Package-For-Ti ppmann-A-5-P283C173.aspx

I dont know y everything is underlined now....?

wang949 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wang949 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:22pm
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 7:11am

The JJ is going to give you better accuracy with a variety of paint but not as much distance as the Flatline. It also shoots well through breaks which comes in handy during a fire-fight. And, for $40, they're a tough barrel to beat.

Check www.countysports.com for the barrel and www.tippmannparts.com for the trigger.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 7:36am
Yes the double trigger would be a good combo with the egrip.

the other things you might look into for you gun would be a regulator or expansion chamber, it will give you more consistency and therefore better accuracy too. depends if you are running co2 or HPA.

either way instead of a low pressure kit i would buy a palmers stabilizer, since you can lower the operating pressure a bit with them, they save you air, and wont let liquid co2 in the gun.

you can find one here LINK
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
prolitesniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 3:40pm
my friend just got an a5 with e trigger, he love it said i should sell the rt for one
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
45ci 3000psi Nitro System
blade trigger
4+1pack
woodsballman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 5:43pm

If you get an etrigger you will love it I have one on my custom pro. But if you get an etrigger you really dont need a double trigger the only time a double trigger would be helpful is with a semi auto gun. just my oppinion though. 

Edited by woodsballman - 30 March 2007 at 5:45pm
tippmann custom pro
E-trigger
cyclone feeder
21" core barrel
or 11" stock barrel
20 and 9 oz co2 tanks
or Brass Eagle Talon Ghost
with copperhead red dot scope
and a wooden stock
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 5:59pm

I have the LPK on my A-5, because I am an upgrade whore.

It does not reduce chopping - it has nothing to do with that.  It arguably increases consistency (i.e. accuracy) a bit, but that may be just in my head.  With just a regulator (which I had before the LPK), there isn't much pressure differential for the regulator to regulate.  My understanding is that you need at least 200psi differential to maximize the benefit of the regulator.  With the 400psi difference that the LPK provides, there is plenty to regulate.

What the LPK DOES do, however, is significantly reduce recoil and noise.  It doesn't make the gun "quiet", but is certainly noticably less loud than without the LPK.  The recoil reduction is also very significant, which has made it much easier for me to hit what I am aiming at, particularly when unloading the RT at full speed.

Is the LPK "worth it"?  I would say that it is the least cost-efficient of all the available performance upgrades.  It does make the gun shoot a little better, but just a little.

Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:52pm

I think with all these replies I have decided to get:

1. E-Grip

2. JJ Ceramic barrel

3. JCS Dual trigger

Now, is there any way on how to 'install' the trigger? I know about the barrel, but the E-Grip I will have installed at a Tippmann store, unless there is another way to do it, and same with the dual trigger. I'm guessing I can take the trigger to the Tippmann store and have them install it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic