Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Oh-no" I can’t see! "SPLAT"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
capasamd13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capasamd13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Oh-no" I can’t see! "SPLAT"
    Posted: 29 March 2007 at 8:29pm

I have to use a jt fan in my mask inorder to keep my eye glasses from steaming up. Then it still tends to be little behind on its job if I run and begin breathing hard. I often have to stop in my tracks and wait till they clear so I don't trip over something. Then "SPLAT" I'm hit!

Is there some type of solution I can coat my eye glass lences with that will prevent fogging? I heard a thin coat of furniture polish will do the trick but I highly dought it. Some one also mentioned a fog-x which is made by the same company as rain-x. never saw the stuff before.

What other recommendations are there?

Gidget
newzealand kiwi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newzealand kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 8:49pm
1i think there is a soulution maybe thermal cure your glasses as well sorry i dont know the brands in the usa butim sure some one will be along soon to help you out... maybe if you google thermal eye wear soulution's or something good luck anyway

Edited by newzealand kiwi - 29 March 2007 at 8:53pm
capasamd13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capasamd13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:00pm

I have thermal lenses on my mask that work outstandingly (if thats a word) good. My eye glasses are whats giving me the problem. I cant be the only 4 eye playing paintball.

I thought about getting contact lenses, but I'm to much of a  baby when it comes to taking them back out!

Gidget
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:36pm
Yeah, contacts are the way to go, sorry man.
Mr. Doodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 9:45pm
actually, toothpaste will work. try it and see
3442 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3442 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:12pm

try spitting on your lense and rinsing it with water?

my dad puts rainx mixed with something else on his lense (not sure hte company name) and it works okay but not sure if it damages your lense. the fog thing is expensife too

Edited by 3442 - 29 March 2007 at 10:13pm
Frank
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:12pm
You can always try soaking your glasses overnight in Rain-X and then letting them dry (without wiping) the day before you play, tends to work well.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:58pm
Clean them with baby shampoo and water.

You can also cover them in wax, and buff the wax off.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 2:02am
This stuff is the best stuff I've found for keeping glasses from fogging. I still have problems with sweat running across them, but they never fog up.
c4cypher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c4cypher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:27am

Here's what I do .... before I leave for the feild I get a bar of hand soap. That's right, somthing like a bar of Ivory or whatever the brand name is. I lather up and coat my glasses with it as thickly as I can. The stuff dries hard on my glasses, allowing me to softly polish my lenses with a T-Shirt or other soft material until I can see clearly out of them, but there's still going to be a layer of soild soap on there.

It's worked so far for me.

I don't know about Cat Crap from personal experience, but I've heard good things about it.

tonton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:04am

you could just take the stuff out of mack's shoes and put that on your lenses.  do you guys know how they have this speacial coating that you can put on prescription glasses?  when you walk into that sun or a lot of light, the coating starts to darken your lenses so it's kind of like sunglasses.  but when you leave the light it goes back to being normal.  my step-dad has those.  maby they have somethinf similar that prevents fogging up.  i woud talk to your optomatrist if i were you. 

good luck

custom pro
e-trigger
----------------------
we are the gwagalagas!!! ya we're nerds, get over it.

owned to the dome!
socom clan: COG
c4cypher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c4cypher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 11:33am

Progressive lenses don't do squat against fog dude

I'm not directing this at tonton, but at other threads I've read on the issue: every time I've seen somone suggest thermal lenses for an eyeglass problem, I get the intense compulsion to find my nearest body of water, catch an oversized trout with my bare hands, and beat the poster senseless with the confused fish.

Mr. Doodles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Doodles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 6:52pm

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 8:00pm
C4's recipe is identical from another post some time back by Bruce A Frank , and tho I've never tried it (I used some ridicouosly priced stuff market by extreme rage) it makes sense that it would work , economical and effective , it dont get any better than that !!
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
FireWire280 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireWire280 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 4:47pm
Trust me and everyone else.

Contacts make all your problems go away (well, maybe not all your problems).

Whut...
killerhalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by c4cypher c4cypher wrote:

Progressive lenses don't do squat against fog dude

I'm not directing this at tonton, but at other threads I've read on the issue: every time I've seen somone suggest thermal lenses for an eyeglass problem, I get the intense compulsion to find my nearest body of water, catch an oversized trout with my bare hands, and beat the poster senseless with the confused fish.

hahahahahaha WOW
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic