Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Piranha GTI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Piranha GTI
    Posted: 28 March 2007 at 7:47pm

Yes, I know this is a Tippmann forum, so don't chew me out for asking this question. My friend has a Piranha GTI, and for some reason it is malfunctioning once the CO2 is placed in the line. It goes on fine and everything, but once you cock it back, and pull the trigger it releases. It's like when the CO2 runs out, but the CO2 is full. I have tried different CO2s and the same thing occurs.

If you don't really following whats going on here try and follow this. The gun is almost like a bolt action rifle, you have to cock it back every time for one shot. I have no idea whats going on with it, but I'm sure it has something to do with it's internals. Any advice/suggestion is greatly appreciated.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 9:40pm
So, the hammer isn't returning to the cocked position? Or is it going "full-auto" on him?

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2007 at 10:02pm
Well I believe the hammer isnt going back to the cocked position. I'm sure this is fixable if the gun is dismantled but I would like to know what I need to do before I go in and mess stuff up.
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 12:03am
Did he just get it? Is it used? I had the same problem with my VL Orion. Try unscrewing the tank like 1/4 - 1/2 a turn or make sure its on all the way. His asa may have too long or too short of a pin. If that doesn't help take off the asa and slowly (very slowly) turn the tank into it. see if it is depressing the valve on the tank all the way. (if any of your friends have an on/off tank try that first to see if its just not the pin depressor)
Zherdev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zherdev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 3:16pm
No he has had it for awhile, it use to work fine but now it doesnt seem to want to work. I will try what you said and see if it works. The hammer would have nothing to do with it? Or your saying its the connection between the CO2 tank and the value on the end of the gun if I am understanding. Thanks for the replies.
QcXf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QcXf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 7:13pm
um... First thing you should do is you need to disassemble it check all the o-rings (replace any broken ones) lube them and put it back together right.

If that doesnt help what it sounds like its lack of air.

if it was a worn hammer it would go full auto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic