FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your face soon to be on a Pizza box.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
welcome guest View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Man is Keeping Me Down, Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welcome guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your face soon to be on a Pizza box.
    Posted: 26 March 2007 at 6:43pm

I don't know how true it is but a lot of women take off and then they try to collect state $$$. And the poor guy don't even know he has a kid. And now they are going to put your face on a pizza box. I think this is wrong for the very reason I have given the man did not know she was prego. and he is tuanted all around with no defense.

So what you think about your face being on a pizza box?

Deadbeat Dads On Pizza Boxes

http://wcco.com/crime/local_story_084113214.html

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested, 9/13 Inappropiate post content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 6:46pm
Getting pregnant and suing for child support is very common. It sucks. More reason to wear a condom.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 6:47pm

Originally posted by Da Hui Da Hui wrote:

Getting pregnant and suing for child support is very common.

Really?  Cite/reference?

Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Getting pregnant and suing for child support is very common.

Really?  Cite/reference?

I know several guys who I have fallen victems to this sort of behavoir. I'm not saying it is all women.

Common in Georgia, look up the laws about child support there, women is entitled to about 25% (I think its somewhere around there) of your gross income, now if said women has 4 children with four different fathers...  You see what I'm getting at.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 6:57pm

I do see what you are getting at - an as-yet unsupported speculation that intentionally becoming pregnant for the purpose of seeking child support is common.

Cite/Reference?

EDIT - ok, that came off as a bit harsh.  My point is simply that this is one of those myths that circulates randomly, because "everybody" knows somebody who allegedly is in on this "scam".

I used to do some work in the exciting business of chasing down deadbeat dads.  And let me tell you - getting pregnant to collect child support is the dumbest "scam" ever.  Now getting pregnant to collect welfare payments, that used to have some merit - but child support is a toughie.

Edited by Clark Kent - 26 March 2007 at 7:01pm
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 7:04pm
Yeah, I was going to call it.

Getting pregnant simply for child support is not the brightest of scams. The amount one has to spend on the child, I don't think it would be even close to feasible to attempt to live off of child support alone.

It seems to be in the same category as someone losing a job, or not getting hired because of Affirmative Action.

As in, nobody has actually been through it themselves, but EVERYBODY knows somebody who knows somebody who's uncle dealt with it once.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

As in, nobody has actually been through it themselves, but EVERYBODY knows somebody who knows somebody who's uncle dealt with it once.

I hate to say this,

but QFT.
cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 7:44pm
The only problem I see with child support is what happens when the person
who is paying child support losses their job? the money builds up... for
example you owe $500 a month based on your current wage and what have
you. You lose your job and dont have a job for 2 months... so you owe
$1000 in back child support but now you are making less then you where
previously and you have a hard time paying the $500 to begin with but now
you also have to pay off the $1000. im sure you could go back to court and
have the ammount changed but you might still owe that $1000, or you
might not ... im not to sure about all that stuff.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 7:47pm

^^^^   varies from state to state.  In some/many states, child support can be docked directly from your paycheck as a percentage, and gets adjusted automatically.  In other states, you have to go before a judge/administrator to change the dollar-level of support.

PITA no matter what.  And a lot of guys will move and change jobs to get away from child support.

Edited by Clark Kent - 26 March 2007 at 7:47pm
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 7:51pm

Getting pregnant and suing for child support is very common. It sucks. More reason to wear a condom.

I think this happened to my dad.  Although they haven't gotten divorced yet, I think she's with him because he had money haha.  So now my dad is really screwed for life, hes 56 and has a 7 year old...

Edited by The American - 26 March 2007 at 7:52pm
welcome guest View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Man is Keeping Me Down, Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welcome guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 8:09pm

Originally posted by The American The American wrote:

I think this happened to my dad.  Although they haven't gotten divorced yet, I think she's with him because he had money haha.  So now my dad is really screwed for life, hes 56 and has a 7 year old...

Does he want to adopt me? How much money are we talking about?

The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by welcome guest welcome guest wrote:

Originally posted by The American The American wrote:

Does he want to adopt me? How much money are we talking about?

No see I said had money.  This is basically what happened.

They had my sister
Bought a house on the beach for like $200k, then dumped another $200k into by remodeling it.

And then my dad lost his job as the VP of a lumber company...so now he's making like half of what he used to make
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 9:52pm
/me just picked up a pizza. No posters on it though. I'm pretty far from Cinci though.
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 10:14pm
Frankly, I think it's a great idea. At the very least, it could make interesting dinner table conversation.

Saw it on Google already though.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 10:44pm
Child support isn't enough to raise a kid with. It's a scam that makes the mother loose money and have to work minimum wage.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

phillll227 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillll227 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 10:53pm
Nice sig Hitman.

Si! Si! the Cornballer!

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 10:54pm
I think its a bad idea.

Last thing I want to do before enjoying my pizza pie is seeing the face of someone who has screwed up his/her life.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Da Hui View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Hui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Hitman Hitman wrote:

Child support isn't enough to raise a kid with. 
Your kidding right?
Rambino View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 11:32pm

Originally posted by Hitman Hitman wrote:

Child support isn't enough to raise a kid with. 
Your kidding right?

I don't think he is.  Simple math, really.  Assuming an average salary and a single child, 25% of that is one-quarter of an average salary, which is well below poverty line, and you have two mouths to feed.

There may be some savings with multiple children - from multiple fathers (multiple children from the same father usually does not result in doubling/tripling of the support amout) - but unless the father has a very significant income, living on child support alone is a certain path to abject poverty.

Child support is just that - support.  It is not intended to be the sole source of income for the single parent, but a supplement.

stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2007 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

/me just picked up a pizza. No posters on it though. I'm pretty far from Cinci though.

i dont plan on seeing one for a while either, im about 4 hrs, from Cinci.

i wont have to worry about being on one, because i dont plan on being a dead beat dad or any other kind of dad for a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic