FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HPA & Reg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPA & Reg
    Posted: 19 March 2007 at 1:36pm
On an HPA system a secondary regulator definitely improves the already consistent pressure and therefore you velocity shot to shot should almost never change. your chrono worries and drop off would vanish.

I'm not to sure was regs are good these days, but i had good success with an older smart parts max flo.

hope this helps a little
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by GordonL GordonL wrote:

I have a 98 C PRO & I just added an E-grip & HPA tank. I want to know if I should add an additional regulator to this set up. I will not be converting to LP. The consistancy has already improved a lot with the HPA, will an additional regulator make a noticable difference? Will it slow down the recharge rate enough to where it will become a problem? Thanks for any advice, this is all new to me.

The consistency, and thus accuracy, will be improved more with the addition of a good secondary regulator. Yes, there are some regulators that cannot keep up at high rates of fire. But, regulators like the Palmer Stabilizer have no problems and it is likely that with the stock e-grip your rate of fire will not exceed the capability of most regulators.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 19 March 2007 at 12:30pm
GordonL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GordonL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 11:40am
I have a 98 C PRO & I just added an E-grip & HPA tank. I want to know if I should add an additional regulator to this set up. I will not be converting to LP. The consistancy has already improved a lot with the HPA, will an additional regulator make a noticable difference? Will it slow down the recharge rate enough to where it will become a problem? Thanks for any advice, this is all new to me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic