Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oiling A5 with LPS and Reg throu ASA?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oiling A5 with LPS and Reg throu ASA?
    Posted: 18 March 2007 at 1:55pm

Iím hoping someone can give me the true skinny on oiling an A5 with and Low Pressure System and DOP Regulator through the ASA.

Last year I installed an LPS and a DOP regulator on my A5. At the time I was under the impression (must have read somewhere or was told by someone) that oil shouldnít pass through the regulator so since then I have been field stripping the A5 to oil it. Well, I recently talked to someone that has continued to oil their A5 through the ASA after installing a regulator reporting no noticeable problems.

Have I been under the wrong impression all this time? I would much prefer to oil through the ASA if itís not a problem to do so.

Help and comments this much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Zeee

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 1:56am
Originally posted by Zeee Zeee wrote:

Iím hoping someone can give me the true skinny on oiling an A5 with and Low Pressure System and DOP Regulator through the ASA.

Last year I installed an LPS and a DOP regulator on my A5. At the time I was under the impression (must have read somewhere or was told by someone) that oil shouldnít pass through the regulator so since then I have been field stripping the A5 to oil it. Well, I recently talked to someone that has continued to oil their A5 through the ASA after installing a regulator reporting no noticeable problems.

Have I been under the wrong impression all this time? I would much prefer to oil through the ASA if itís not a problem to do so.

Help and comments this much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Zeee

I don't know of any air regulators that don't require a touch or oil now and then to clean and keep them functioning accurately. Hoppe's Oil is one of the best. Virtually any of the "air tool" oils available at automotive parts stores works very well as do any of the insanely expensive specialty "Paintball Marker" oils.

A few drops in the ASA will do it on most markers.

Edited by Bruce A. Frank - 19 March 2007 at 1:58am
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 2:27pm
ive certainly never heard of any regulator that you couldnt oil.

and Bruce is right, why pay XX bucks for PB oil when you can get a bottle of oil for an air drill or something similar for half the price or less.
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 7:13pm
As has been said , No harm and Much prevention can be done by oiling through your ASA , just remember to remove the barrel and dry fire the marker 20-40 times to blow out the excess oil so it wont foul your barrel .
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Zeee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 10:31pm

Thanks guysÖ

I donít know how I got the wrong impression but you all have helped clear it up for me and I really appreciate it..

Zeee

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic