Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velocity messed up, May be screw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jake85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velocity messed up, May be screw
    Posted: 15 March 2007 at 5:59pm
ive ran into a couple of problems recently with my 98 custom. my velocity screw is stripped. my velocity has been acting weird latley and even when it is all the way up it is not firing anywhere near how fast it should be. i dont know if its because the screw is stripped, or because i had to take the screw out when ii put in my cyclone feeder, or if its because im leaking co2 in my valve somewhere. any ideas what this could be?
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 7:08pm

Strip and clean /lubricate your marker . check ALL of your hose connections and fittings for leaks (self installed cyclone conversion?) . Drop some oil into your ASA and lubricate your valves internals (4 drops then 40 dry firings with barrel removed ) . get back to us with results .

How in the Blazes did you manage to strip your velocity adjuster ?!? got in a hurry and tried to force it ? If you're sure thats the only problem (AFTER the above mentioned steps,,,,) put some Loctite 242 on the threads of the velocity screw , set the velocity with a chronograph , and give it some time for the loctite to harden up and make only minor adjustments to velocity unless you are willing to re-loctite the screw again .

Oh , welcome to the forum .

Edited by Shadowminion - 15 March 2007 at 7:10pm
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
TEKahuna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TEKahuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2007 at 9:21pm

Originally posted by jake85 jake85 wrote:

...i dont know if its because the screw is stripped, or because i had to take the screw out when ii put in my cyclone feeder...

This is quite interesting and yet scary.  I've never heard of taking out the velocity screw to hook up a cyclone.  It just doesn't pan out.  The connection logically will not fit #1, and #2 the velocity screw is on the other side of the gun from where the cyclone would go. 

In the package for the Cyclone feed, assuming you bought it new, you should have recieved another power tube.  This power tube has a little plastic screw in it where you are able to hook up your cyclone. 

The part with your Velocity screw... Loctite isn't that handy if it has been stripped.  I'd call up Tippmann and ask them to send you a whole new valve with the screw included.  Because honestly, anything you might try won't get you a lasting repair with your gun.  I had asked Tippmann for a whole new valve when I got my RT and Cyclone with enhanced tubing.  They helped me out with no problem. 

If it is possible, please please please stay away from Loctite.  It crapped up my old valve really really bad.  Stick with Teflon Tape.  It's cleaner, easier to apply, and you're not on the clock to see if you did it right before it sets.

If you have anymore questions, you can definately ask. 

Gun Info: 98C E-Pro ACT
14in Stiffi
Offset Mount
RedDot 45mmScope
Shocktech ShockFlyBolt
RocketCock II
Cyclone Feed
Dog Leg
All TechT Cyclone upgrades

4 guns and counting!!
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2007 at 1:12pm
If the velocity screw has stripped the threads in the body of the power tube, then the final and correct solution is  new power tube...an inexpensive part.
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2007 at 12:22am
You didnt strip the screw you stripped the power tube. What does that thing cost 5 bucks???

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic