FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Starting Out Story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
stick_boy_2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Not 1 language strike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stick_boy_2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 1:45am
i was about 12 or 13, for the first game i remember. i had just bought a sting ray 2 from wall mart. played in a junk yard down the road. what hooked me was you got to use in some form a "gun" and anyting that involves shooting im instantly hooked.

that and it turns out its one of the only things im good at
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 8:11am

My brother, father, sister and I got talons for christmas one year. we went out in the snow with our 10 round tubes and 12 gram co2 cartridges and played around for a while. It was awesome.

Stayed at it, and here I am.

pntbl freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 11:20am
Someones birthday at a local field where they rented out 98 customs.  At Christmas time I got my own 98 to play with.  6 years later I still have that very 98.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 2:39pm
I was stationed in the UK in '85 and the MWR (Morale. Welfare and Recreation) office promoted a trip to the first commercial paintball field to open in the country. They gave us Spatmasters and shop goggles and broke us up into teams of about two dozen each. Since it was a joint AF and Army trip, it was decided the teams would be AF vs. Army all day (bad). I and one other member of the AF side were security police (SP), everyone else were admin troops or cooks or stuff like that (very bad). The first game the Army guys left their flag unguarded and charged off through the woods to get our flag. They arrived before our team had even organized and when they came screaming into our base everyone but the other SP and I turned and ran away (very very bad). Our defense of the flag lasted aboout 3 seconds and we got shot a lot. For some reason, I thought this was fun, and have been hooked ever since. (Although I did take about a 12 year break when I got back to the states because I had to wait for paintball to catch on at the places I was stationed.)
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 3:32pm
I was invited to my friends birthday party at his house and played in has back yard. After that, I returned once more to play paintball again, and eventually was given a 98.
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 5:22pm

I was about 28 or 29 and going to a Technical school full time at nights . This was around 1989 . Some friends mentioned "How cool it would to be to go out and play some paintball " They had heard of a place to go play . We planned a trip out to go see , and we all picked up some kind of marker , my friends got a couple of the green Splatmasters and I found a PGP , we loaded up on ammo and CO2 cartridges and went hunting the game ! (I think we in total had maybe 500 rounds for all three of us) .

My first game was "Indoors" Urban style in an old abandoned university building with LOTS of hallways , closets and bunches of smallish rooms . It was dark except for the few lightbulbs that still functioned , you could barely see sillouettes , shapes as people moved . Careful movement and listening identified the people in front of me as friends or Foes . As often as not , I was eliminated by my team , and likewise "Buck fever" (on my part) got a few of my team eliminated by friendly fire too . I felt badly about hitting my own teammates , but felt strangely proud of the shots I had to make to hit them !! I promised myself I would try extremely hard to not do anymore FF eliminations . ever since then , I've tried to improve my game ( with some Hiatuses of several years inbetween ) with some sucess .

My second game outdoors in a wooded Utah canyon is what got the game firmly under my skin , I rigged up a burlap Ghille suit and crawled under a half dead bush and camped , it worked ,,,, the first guy up the trail got out , but his partner made short work of me after that .

When you crawl under a thick bush , you can't up and run like you thought you could  .

Snipers do exist in paintball , but fact is , they dont live long

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 1:26am
what really got me hooked is the first round i stepped out onto the feild i was in a close quarters paint throwing fight where we where just ducking and raising are heads and shooting and i watched one of my paint balls just hit him right in the lense  and it was just so cool hearing him say "nice shot kid"

Edited by the_blade - 18 March 2007 at 1:27am
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
Schlockmerc View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Namecalling, 12/6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlockmerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 12:21pm
I was at a friends house. We went to the gravel pit out back and just started blasting each other (Black Maxx sucks) I got lit, and fell in love with the adrenaline rush.
George Zimmer is a sexy mother
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 12:26pm
In high school, my friends and I were always talking about wanting to try paintball. There are no fields around here, and very few stores. We bought a couple of Brass Eagle Tiger Sharks at Wally World and had at it in the woods/corn field behind our one friend's house.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic