Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline On BT-4??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Oldagodz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldagodz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatline On BT-4??
    Posted: 13 March 2007 at 8:33pm
Hi i own the BT4 Combat marker and it uses A5 barrels.I am wondering if the A5 Flatline barrel would fit on it...
TippmannBro View Drop Down
Enos for Prez.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:37pm
No, the Flatline has some sort of adapter that you put in the front of the A-5 receiver in place of the barrel threads. I don't think it will work on a BT-4.

Get an Apex. It is basically the same thing, and you can get it with an AK or an M4 shroud if you like. The Apex is also adjustable, the Flatline is not.

Don't believe the hype about Apex barrels being able to shoot around bunkers and over stuff... it isn't accurate enough to be able to do that. But it is fairly accurate with the super flatline mode on, and it definitely will reach out and touch someone. I used one this past weekend at a scenario game and it made a huge difference.

WAR EAGLE!!!

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:51pm
Not to mention the fact that you can take the Apex tip and pop it on a better barrel such as the J&J ceramic with the UMS adapter and get even better results than you'd ever get with the flatline system
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Oldagodz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldagodz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2007 at 9:53pm
The thing is when i took the gun appart i could take a little piece with the barrel threads off so is that the part you need to remove to fit the Flatline or no?
Langside View Drop Down

One strike, language in link 2/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Langside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:30pm
Try it then, if you thing you can get it to work.
Cyberdemon View Drop Down
Guested by request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyberdemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 12:54pm
i actually remember someone posting their BT-4 in the marker gallery and it had an A-5 flatline on it.

TippmannBro View Drop Down
Enos for Prez.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2007 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Oldagodz Oldagodz wrote:

The thing is when i took the gun appart i could take a little piece with the barrel threads off so is that the part you need to remove to fit the Flatline or no?

I don't know. Call their tech support. They usually know how to do that stuff. It may be possible.
WAR EAGLE!!!

an94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote an94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 9:00am
I have a BT-4 also. i know for a fact that you can put the Flatline on them, cause Thats what I have as my barrel. it also seems to fit tigher on the gun. It shoots great...Thats AFTER I changed the BT internals out for Tippmann 98 internals. (power tube & back bolt)
Now I just got to get Fullymodded to put my Spyder Pilot grip frame on it & run eyes & Ill be all set.
1 paintball gun package=$150
1 case of paint=$50
air & entry fee=$15
lighting up newbies all day long= Priceless
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2007 at 9:30am
the fact you have 98 internals shouldnt change the ability to put a flatline on it.

spyder frame, on a 98c internal, a5 flatlined, BT4?

tight man, tight.
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off