FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any I-doser users in here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 3:54pm
No, prolly not enough to overdose....I'm just saying that if you could get your neurons to release the right amounts and combinations of neurotransmitters, it might be possible to get something close to the same effects as the actual drugs. This is somewhat demonstrated with the dopamine release you can get from cutting yourself and by the so-called "runner's high", among other things. Also, it has been shown by experiments involving EEGs and different clips of music and videos that outside auditory and visual stimulation can effect brainwaves and neurotransmitter levels, so....theoretically....who knows? Even an OD might be possible....

Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by oreomann33 oreomann33 wrote:

I seriously doubt that sitting around listening to sounds can replicate the power of LSD, or any other drug for that matter.

It's not the sounds themselves replicating the effects of LSD; it's the power of meditation and stimulation of the senses. If someone goes into meditation with skepticism, as most surely would seeing as how thinking deeply is usually seen as "retarded and stupid", then the process cannot work. Self-exploration and mind-travel must be viewed with an open mind.

The brain is one of the most mysterious and complex things in this world, and cannot be explained without delving into it's depths. Picture mind exploration and divination like climbing a mountain: Some people use ropes and and other tools whereas some climb using their bare hands. Along those same lines, some people take psychedelic (literally "Mind-manifesting") drugs to examine their mind whereas others use meditation.

Edited by Destruction - 11 March 2007 at 4:07pm
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 4:14pm
There is no way some audio file could simulate drug use.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

No, prolly not enough to overdose....I'm just saying that if you could get your neurons to release the right amounts and combinations of neurotransmitters, it might be possible to get something close to the same effects as the actual drugs. This is somewhat demonstrated with the dopamine release you can get from cutting yourself and by the so-called "runner's high", among other things. Also, it has been shown by experiments involving EEGs and different clips of music and videos that outside auditory and visual stimulation can effect brainwaves and neurotransmitter levels, so....theoretically....who knows? Even an OD might be possible....

A "Runner's High" is an actual occurance though.  As the muscles are torn down, and oxygen and calories are burned past a point, an increased amount of Ephedrine is released into the body.  This eases the pain and causes that "second win" athletes talk about.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 4:27pm
I suppose it's possible but I have personal experience with many of those drugs. If it actually was as good as doing drugs you'd be listening to it all day. Or you would hate it because of what it does to the brain.

It must be some meditative music. I don't know though. I suppose I'm a skeptic. On Thursday, a hypnotist came to our school. I went up on stage but I didn't get hypnotized. After that I really just stopped believing. I think people pretend or something. I think it's all an act.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Destruction Destruction wrote:

I seriously doubt that sitting around listening to sounds can replicate the power of LSD, or any other drug for that matter.

It's not the sounds themselves replicating the effects of LSD; it's the power of meditation and stimulation of the senses. If someone goes into meditation with skepticism, as most surely would seeing as how thinking deeply is usually seen as "retarded and stupid", then the process cannot work. Self-exploration and mind-travel must be viewed with an open mind.

The brain is one of the most mysterious and complex things in this world, and cannot be explained without delving into it's depths. Picture mind exploration and divination like climbing a mountain: Some people use ropes and and other tools whereas some climb using their bare hands. Along those same lines, some people take psychedelic (literally "Mind-manifesting") drugs to examine their mind whereas others use meditation.

No doubt that meditation is a great way to expand and explore your mind, but you can do that without the electronics. Which would make the I-Doser a lot of insignificant buzzes and hums. Most people using the I-Doser would expect to press play,sit back and wait for the same effects of LSD to begin, including the auditory and visual hallucinations.

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by Shub Shub wrote:

Maybe he OD'ed.

I lol'd/.
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 10:31pm
I can see how that could work if you tried.

Even if it doesn't, still siick beats.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 11:33pm
I cant find the torrent :S
Destruction View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Destruction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2007 at 11:39pm

Originally posted by Destruction Destruction wrote:

No doubt that meditation is a great way to expand and explore your mind, but you can do that without the electronics. Which would make the I-Doser a lot of insignificant buzzes and hums. Most people using the I-Doser would expect to press play,sit back and wait for the same effects of LSD to begin, including the auditory and visual hallucinations.

Yeah, that's the problem with this crap program. They advertise the product as if the sounds themselves will intoxicate you.
u dont know what to do ur getting mottor boatted

Men are from Magmar, women are from Venusaur.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 12:03am
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Just google "idoser"....There's a torrent link like three hits down...

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2007 at 12:40am
Originally posted by .Ryan .Ryan wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Just google "idoser"....There's a torrent link like three hits down...

haha, I put in idozer, thats why. I'm retarded.

Lame, its an exe

Edited by choopie911 - 12 March 2007 at 1:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic