Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MARINES!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
warman View Drop Down
What the duece happened

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 3:08pm
worst
pay-don't forget officers pay for food and clothing
benefits-i can't think of any
training-i havent met many officers who can find their ass with both hands
authority- see training
after service employment opportunities-possibly
N is for nowledge

warman View Drop Down
What the duece happened

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by WGP guy2 WGP guy2 wrote:

Originally posted by warman warman wrote:

Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Yep, they're crazy like that.Might as well use this post to update my status.Though I'm not doing ROTC, the Marines have an other officer program called Officer Candidate's School. Right now I'm doing PT a few times a week with the club developed to prepare candidates for going to training in the summer. I'll be going to OCS in summer '08 if everything works out.I finally said screw my parents, they'll get over it.

I can't figure out why anyone would want to be an officer
Because he wants to sit in a cockpit and not run around on the ground?

you got a way better chance flying choppers as a warrant officer in the army then anywhere else
N is for nowledge

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by warman warman wrote:

worst
pay-don't forget officers pay for food and clothing
Big deal.

benefits-i can't think of any
Leadership (Helps to be a fomer military officer when applying for a job)
Flight

training-i havent met many officers who can find their ass with both hands
I'm not stupid.

authority- see training
I'm not stupid.

after service employment opportunities-possibly
Definately. My dad used to be involved in the hiring process for his branch of Siemens. Though he doesn't like the military that much, he was told that the company had more of a desire for officers.

As for the pilot thing. I'm going for fixed-wing. Hopefully an attack jet.

Edited by Tolgak - 08 March 2007 at 3:25pm
636andy636. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 10/24/07: Inappropriate Word Use

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 3:40pm
Lol siemens
warman View Drop Down
What the duece happened

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 3:41pm
all im saying is i have had plenty of experience with officers who have no business doing anything other than getting a cla degree, its not that they are stupid, its that there only smart on paper. but that being said i wish you the best of luck on flying a jet for the military, and you will need it, the odds are stacked against you
N is for nowledge

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 3:50pm
Someone has to be an officer, no sense in bashing them.
As for our drinking, we dont all drink like that, just when we want to have a good time. Yes we are crazy, I've been told many a time, by Marine officers you need to be slightly retarded to join the Marines, no I disagree, because I know I am not retarded. Maybe they mean retarded in a crazy way. I cant remember the last time I drank with my buddies in the Marines and more than one of us actually passed out. We dont all get tanked like so many believe. But then again, sometimes we do. Its all in good fun, we like to have a good time. To make a point, this weekend, I may drink just a little, as in two shots at most. Because I just dont feel like drinking. Last weekend I only drank saturday night. Its good times.
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 3:53pm

I've had really bad experiences with tequila...vodka produces worse hangovers though.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 3:54pm
Wait wait wait, Clark, what happened after you and him were drunk?

Edited by 636andy636. - 08 March 2007 at 3:55pm
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

As for our drinking, we dont all drink like that, just when we want to have a good time. Yes we are crazy, I've been told many a time, by Marine officers you need to be slightly retarded to join the Marines, no I disagree, because I know I am not retarded. Maybe they mean retarded in a crazy way. I cant remember the last time I drank with my buddies in the Marines and more than one of us actually passed out. We dont all get tanked like so many believe. But then again, sometimes we do. Its all in good fun, we like to have a good time. To make a point, this weekend, I may drink just a little, as in two shots at most. Because I just dont feel like drinking. Last weekend I only drank saturday night. Its good times.

Is there really a point in taking two shots?  Seems like a waste of money to me.  More worthwhile to save it, or spend the money on something to actually drink...
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by usafpilot07 usafpilot07 wrote:

Is there really a point in taking two shots? Seems like a waste of money to me. More worthwhile to save it, or spend the money on something to actually drink...

Yeah I know.. but whatever. I did. I dont drink beer, pretty much only Vodka. I dont like carbonated beverages which is why I dont drink beer.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by 636andy636. 636andy636. wrote:

Lol siemens
i have a plaza near my town with siemens/bj's in it
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 7:19pm

Those guys dont fool around. A buddy of mine drinks me soundly under the table at every opportunity, and even embarasses my friends who can handle well more than I can. Last time I went shot for shot with him I woke up with my face pressed into his hardwood floor, the rest of me on the couch, in a pile of drool. I then decided it must be morning, so therefore I must be sober. I walked by him(he was playing video games on the couch) said by, tried to leave and backed directly into the snowbank at the end of his driveway. Apparently it was far from morning and I was far from sober enough to drive.

You have to be careful drinking with guys like that. They have their own unique culture and can vary from some Lance Cpl. who just drinks like a fish, to some scary old NCO who knows what you're thinking before you think it. Having a drill instructor who knows what he's doing try to get into your mind and screw with you is a rough time.

Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by rednekk98 rednekk98 wrote:

Those guys dont fool around. A buddy of mine drinks me soundly under the table at every opportunity, and even embarasses my friends who can handle well more than I can. Last time I went shot for shot with him I woke up with my face pressed into his hardwood floor, the rest of me on the couch, in a pile of drool. I then decided it must be morning, so therefore I must be sober. I walked by him(he was playing video games on the couch) said by, tried to leave and backed directly into the snowbank at the end of his driveway. Apparently it was far from morning and I was far from sober enough to drive.

You have to be careful drinking with guys like that. They have their own unique culture and can vary from some Lance Cpl. who just drinks like a fish, to some scary old NCO who knows what you're thinking before you think it. Having a drill instructor who knows what he's doing try to get into your mind and screw with you is a rough time.

that can be soo true. i miss those days of drinking. time to do that this weekend.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 10:35pm
Yeah, I am defiantly getting trashed tomorrow night.

I can hold my liquor pretty well, but I am a light weight compared to alot of the Marines here.

And you do have to be slightly retarded to join the Corps. I hate every day of my life right now. Unless your a reservist, then you have it good.
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2007 at 10:51pm
tequila and gin are the best things to get drunk off of imo. 
Canadians do it on top.
Kristofer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Good Sport. Semper Fi!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristofer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Yeah, I am defiantly getting trashed tomorrow night.I can hold my liquor pretty well, but I am a light weight compared to alot of the Marines here.And you do have to be slightly retarded to join the Corps. I hate every day of my life right now. Unless your a reservist, then you have it good.

I know I'm smart! Although I am about this | | close to going active duty.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

tequila and gin are the best things to get drunk off of imo. 

Alcohol is the best thing to get drunk off of IMO
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 6:49pm
jack+coke is pretty amazing
johnson1456 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnson1456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 7:15pm

Originally posted by Kristofer Kristofer wrote:

im in the navy.....and we definately do get tanked

Johnson

x7: flatline, "T" dot scope, folding vertical handle...still in work
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2007 at 7:15pm
I am too much of a pirate not to love rum. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic