Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann 98C Not recocking after firing

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xarzi View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 March 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xarzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tippmann 98C Not recocking after firing
    Posted: 04 March 2007 at 2:04pm
Good day everyone. I am seemingly having trouble with my tippmann 98c. I recently installed a new response trigger and a shoulder stock for my gun. But after assembling everything over 6 times yesterday. (We took it apart trying to figure out what was wrong) We still cannot figure out what is wrong with it. We installed the response trigger easily with out any trouble. And I am pretty sure the response trigger is working. I definetly feel a kick in the trigger when the gun goes off but the bolt doesn't go back into position to fire again.

Could it be the velocity adjuster turned down to low? But i don't think that would affect this.
Back to Top
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Joined: 10 December 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2955
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 2:24pm
try taking off the stock, some stocks dont put enough pressure on the drive spring and the bolt doesn't recieve enough blowback to recock.
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Back to Top
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 23 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6552
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 5:23pm
If anything, turning the velocity screw in would help with blowback.

Like shadow said, take off the stock and try again. Then tell us how it goes.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Back to Top
Xarzi View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 March 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xarzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 9:07pm
Okay. Soon as i can get to pevs to get my co2 tank refilled I will. Thanks all
Back to Top
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
KRL Reincarnated?

Joined: 27 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3063
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 1:25am

Originally posted by Xarzi Xarzi wrote:

Good day everyone. I am seemingly having trouble with my tippmann 98c. I recently installed a new response trigger and a shoulder stock for my gun. But after assembling everything over 6 times yesterday. (We took it apart trying to figure out what was wrong) We still cannot figure out what is wrong with it. We installed the response trigger easily with out any trouble. And I am pretty sure the response trigger is working. I definetly feel a kick in the trigger when the gun goes off but the bolt doesn't go back into position to fire again.

Could it be the velocity adjuster turned down to low? But i don't think that would affect this.

As others suggested, sometimes when you install a stock the hammer drive spring is not compressed the same amount as it was with the original end cap. This can cause a low velocity hit of the valve pin so not enough pressure is released to drive the hammer all the way back to the cocked position. Either a Maddmann replacement spring or you may be able to install a spacer, like a BB, in the stock hole where the spring rod fits. This creates more compression and may allow the OEM spring to function again.

Back to Top
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Joined: 10 December 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 2955
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Xarzi Xarzi wrote:

Okay. Soon as i can get to pevs to get my co2 tank refilled I will. Thanks all


sure your not just out of air... i had issues with my gun not recocking and i thought my tank was full cause i only put 200 rounds through it...

refill your tank and try again before you go fixing your marker...
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Back to Top
Xarzi View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 March 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xarzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 10:52am
last night I took the gun apart. I placed just the rod into the stock and measured the distance. On the new stock the whole is a lot deeper. I have a feeling it's just not compressing it enough. So I will head up to pevs. Run a couple checks and see what I can do to fix it all.
Back to Top
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
KRL Reincarnated?

Joined: 27 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3063
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 1:55pm

Originally posted by Xarzi Xarzi wrote:

last night I took the gun apart. I placed just the rod into the stock and measured the distance. On the new stock the whole is a lot deeper. I have a feeling it's just not compressing it enough. So I will head up to pevs. Run a couple checks and see what I can do to fix it all.

You have found the problem!

Back to Top
Xarzi View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 March 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 4
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xarzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 2:39pm
Yeah thanks for your help everyone. I will update y'all with how I end up fixing the problem. I really like the gun stock. But who knows I may have to end up going with out one if I can't get the parts I need. :(

And I was so ready for playing some woodsball in sniper position.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.266 seconds.