FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinions on "mil-sim"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

making your car run batter,

Most delicious car ever.

tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Most delicious car ever.

Where are you going to find a fryer big enough?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Most delicious car ever.

Army surplus?
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
killerhalo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killerhalo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 4:43pm
^^^^^ hahhah true
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 4:46pm
Speaking for myself, pretending to be in the army makes me feel like a man.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
VBHARDCORE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VBHARDCORE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 5:33pm
     I like "milsim". It is what I got into when I started playing. Being that I am not middle aged and I did sink a lot into my a5  to make it look like I wanted it to I felt like saying something. I am 29, I have a full time job, I own my own house and have a wife and a beautiful little girl. I would not consider my self aggro and I have not ever been in the military. The reason that I like "milsim" so much is because it takes me back to when I was a kid playing G.I. Joes in the woods. It is my way I have fun for myself for a few hours every couple weeks and get away from life's pressures.
     I am not concerned with speedball or tournyball. They are cool and I think my a5 probably cost about as much as a ego or a high end marker. I do have all the performance upgrades done that I could do. I really don't see where someone would be so concerned with me and some of my buddies playing in the woods next to my house. Our guns maybe heavy and impractical but I get just as excited playing as someone going out to the x ball field.
    I hope that I did not offend anyone with my answer and I hope we can just all play in peace. Who knows, I might head out to the speed ball field at my local spot and get lit up by your ion, timmy, ego or what ever you shoot. Hopefully you can come out to the woods and get the same with a a5 that weighs a ton!

The one you love to hate
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

Originally posted by tallen702 tallen702 wrote:

Most delicious car ever.

Army surplus?

At work some of the Hippies that work in IT drive those "Grease Cars" cars that run off Bio Diesel. Those who use recycled Frylator grease always leave that scent of deep fried food. Always makes me hungry when they drive by.
netramakin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 8:16pm

Originally posted by FlashGordon FlashGordon wrote:

What is the deal with milsim guns?

From the standpoint of either a woodsball or speedball player they are completely impractical.

Completely?  I think you're overstating it, though I do think some people go overboard.  I normally like my A-5 smallish (see my sig) but I sometimes beef it up.  In a nighttime scenario, for example, I mount a tac light and laser on a Flatline, which makes it quite a bit longer, but only a pound or so heavier.  And for scenarios, those grenade launchers really do come in handy.

The scopes and sights have little to no utility and many are clumsy to hold.

A red dot can be used effectively; the others probably not, but I don't have any experience with them.  My A-5 doesn't feel any clumsier than my son's Ion, though.  A bit heavier, maybe, but not clumsier.  In fact, I think the balance of my gun is a lot better than my son's, with that big honkin' hopper on there (DXS Pulse).

So what is the draw towards milsim?

When you were 6 or 7 years old, playing cops & robbers or whatever, did you picture yourself with a gun or a marker?  That's what paintball is all about: losing yourself for a few hours and why not do it in an environment that kind of feels like warfare, if that's what you enjoy?  Maybe you prefer the more "sporty" feel of speedball, but it doesn't mean everyone does.  I do enjoy speedball; I just prefer woods.  Well, actually I prefer urban, but if you're lumping them all together...

and why has milsim become synonymous with woods ball?

Milsim markers emulate real guns, woods emulate a battle field; well, at least a lot more than a woodsball field.

What is the milsim demographic?

I can only speak for myself and my friends, but we're all late 20's to late 30's, male, some with military experience, some not.

Should we (as players) be concerned with these people who go to great lengths to replicate armed combat in what is nothing more than a game?

To you it may be a game like a sport.  To others, the game is pretending to be in combat.  As long as everyone knows it's a game, who cares?  BTW, you do know you're on the Tippmann forum, right?

"I'm a riddle so strong, you can't break me."
SSOK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 8:29pm

I usually only put stuff on my gun if it serves a purpose. Milsim is an art if its something different, but I wouldnt want one. I have nothing against it, but I hate Spec Ops little crowd of snipers and milsim freaks, and the generic M16 98 Custom. Anything that truely is Custom I do have alot of respect for though.

a5Tpp789 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

in the closet MILSIMer...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a5Tpp789 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 8:57pm
milsim
if you put 500 dollars into an A5 it is still an A5
jimmy_needles View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Language (E17)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy_needles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2007 at 11:39pm

From the standpoint of either a woodsball or speedball player they are completely impractical. The scopes and sights have little to no utility and many are clumsy to hold.

So what is the draw towards milsim? and why has milsim become synonymous with woods ball?

What is the milsim demographic? Many of the players I have encountered are middle-aged men with no military service record. What do you think?

Should we (as players) be concerned with these people who go to great lengths to replicate armed combat in what is nothing more than a game?

What are your opinions?

yeah the milsim like an armotech or ariakon is pretty unreasonable. i like the look of the guns because i am a proud member of the military and am a medic for the marines so i like the military aspect. as for middle aged guys using them its probably because about 95% of young boys playe with toy soldiers and never joined so now they act like they are in. thank god i dont have to worry about that lol
"a marine will give up his rations but will never give up his corpsman"
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 11:39am
personally, i dont like the look of alot of milsim markers, i dont mind the looks of the sporty speedball guns, but a well built milsim gives does give me a bit of appreciation for them...

im not a scenario player through, more of a rec-ball/woodsball player...

98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Cuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 11:52am

What is the milsim demographic? Many of the players I have encountered are middle-aged men with no military service record. What do you think?

What are your opinions?

Not everyone that enjoys paintball is eleven years old.

Edited by Cuthbert - 02 March 2007 at 11:53am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 1:45pm

Originally posted by Black_Shadow Black_Shadow wrote:

i dont like the look of alot of milsim markers

i dont mind the looks of the sporty speedball guns

So what kind of markers do you like?

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by netramakin netramakin wrote:

i dont like the look of alot of milsim markers

i dont mind the looks of the sporty speedball guns

So what kind of markers do you like?

Well he does not like Milsims so that leaves most likely only one other "catagory" left....

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netramakin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

Well he does not like Milsims so that leaves most likely only one other "catagory" left....

I know but he says he doesn't mind speedball guns.  If you don't really like at least one type, why is he on a paintball forum?  Not trying to be a jerk; just curious.

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2007 at 2:09pm
Right, Maybe he likes pee shooters.

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
Duechy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duechy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 8:16pm

Originally posted by Justice Justice wrote:

Right, Maybe he likes pee shooters.

I hope thats not a typo. I just spit pop all over my monitor. Thanks.

One shot, One kill.... Oh, wait. What fun is that? TEN shots, one kill, and a bunch of welts on your back.
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2007 at 9:41pm
I started out with a mil-sim 98.
Since then I have moved on to a PM5, A-5, Ion, Tac-One, and now an EMag.

The 98 was reliable, with an extremely quick rate of fire. Pointed nicely with a mask, and was easy to carry with a one point sling thing.

I truly miss that 98.

The A-5 was just as reliable, a bit heavier, and did not point as well.

The best marker I have ever shot, is my EMag. An ETac conversion really. Bought the EMag, swapped out my Tac-One body and rail, and it is a nice marker. Heavy by todays standards, but very reliable, mech or electric with the flick of a switch. It's like a sore penis...you just can't beat it.

I was big into mil-sim when I started. I have always played scenario paintball/woodsball.
It is a question of function vs. form. I would not have a problem going back to my old 98 mil-sim.
It ain't the arrow, it is the Indian....in my opinion.

I do love the Etac...I will always own this marker.
Notice that I did not mention that PM5 anywhere? That was the biggest piece of crap I ever owned. It could shoot 20bps, and it would at the chrono. Once it hit the field, it never worked...NOT even ONE time. Speedball or woodsball...it let me down Every single time. Traded it for the Emag...and man did I get the best trade in the history of paintball.

The difference in Speedball and woodsball is in the player. If you can play well, it does not matter what you play. You will be successful with what ever marker you choose to master. However, you must choose to master it, and practice.
Front sight focus, aim and squeeze. It's all the same, in any game you play.

If you like Mil-sim...Tippmann markers are awesome. Tons of upgrades and military look a like stuff.
Spec-ops has a ton of really expensive crap to hang off your marker.
It's all furniture though, has no effect on performance.
As they say...it's the "**edited**a behind the trigga" that makes a weapon effective.

Spend your money on paint, play time, and air. If you play more than your opponent, you will be better than he is. Don't waste it on furniture.
RLTW
Rock Slide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Well, my player card says Iím an <KRL> !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Slide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2007 at 12:28am
Does this mean I have to get rid of the cup holder?
I bring annihilation

and cheap red wine!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic