FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your opinions on "mil-sim"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Black_Shadow View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Penguin-abuser from <heck> ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2007 at 7:58am
Agreed.
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Next Up: Spimmy
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 12:08am
Honestly, woodsball blows.  Speedball is where it's at if you want to play paintball.  Milsim is just something military wannabes get into to fuel their desire to look manly and feel like they have some sort of power.  All in all, the whole game is just a very elaborate and expensive version of "tag".

Now, that's just my opinion.  I'm open to whatever anyone has to say, if these "anyones" actually have anything to say.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
tallen702 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Swearing on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2007 at 11:00am
Wow trog, trolling much?

Speedball's great, I try to play it as much as possible as it's my favorite type of game. But seriously, purposefully trying to re-kindle a flame war is just lame.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
c4cypher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c4cypher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Trogdor2 Trogdor2 wrote:

Honestly, woodsball blows.  Speedball is where it's at if you want to play paintball.  Milsim is just something military wannabes get into to fuel their desire to look manly and feel like they have some sort of power.  All in all, the whole game is just a very elaborate and expensive version of "tag".

Now, that's just my opinion.  I'm open to whatever anyone has to say, if these "anyones" actually have anything to say.

Woodsball is just a wannabe compared to speedball?? Which came first? Granted, it's your opinion, and I'll respect that. I started playing and still prefer woodsball, but I've had fun when speedball was the only thing my field was playing. Both are fun, even if they appeal to different tastes.

As far as milsim, meh, I wouldn't pay out to make my 98 look like a military issue assault rifle, but I do want it to 'feel' like one.

What I'm saying is that, to me, a fake magazine or an AK or M4 barrel kit seem pointless, even if they look cool. But I do want a stock. There's nothing like having a good butt stock to stabilize your marker as a shooting platform. The downside? Yeah, it's going to be a little awkward if I'm doing a speedball bunker crouch. It's a price I'm willing to pay for the stability and the feel that I'm shooting a gun (as opposed to operating a piece of sports equipment).

Style, feel, look and functionality have different values to different players.

For me as a woodsball player to state that speedball is just a cheesy counter-strike experience is like having a PC user bashing on Mac, or PC gamer bashing on Console gamers.

I may not prefer speedball, or enjoy it as much, but I can still respect it. Everybody has their own style and preferences.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 3:55pm
omfg... flame wars again... how many pages is it going to take this time...

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST BE FRIENDS!!!!
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

SR_Crewchief View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR_Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2007 at 9:02pm
Got to love it!!!

Come back after months and the same old arguements prevail.

Mil-sim v new tech

Woods v speed

Rockslide how is the knee doing? Keep the cupholder, nothing is more intimidating!!!!

Edited by SR_Crewchief - 20 March 2007 at 9:02pm
Rock Slide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Well, my player card says Iím an <KRL> !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Slide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 12:31am
Back to doing Tae Kwon Do.  Just enough to get the strength back. They gave me a scholarship too so I don't have to pay for the classes anymore! Have to teach now though... On Saturdays...
I bring annihilation

and cheap red wine!
TippmannBro View Drop Down
Enos for Prez.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 11:39am
Why is this thread still going?
WAR EAGLE!!!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black_Shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 2:35pm
hopefully it will die soon... is getting annoying to keep hearing people whine about milsim vs sports and woods vs speed
98CP ACT
R/T
J&J Ceramic 14"
Egg II w Z-Board
GTA Inline X-Chamber
NCStar Red-Dot
Pen Spring Mod
Trigger Stops
Polished Internals
Dye Sticky Grip
20oz Co2 w On/Off

Ghost-Rider View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodge 8/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghost-Rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 3:35pm
I dont mind mil-sim, i mind the idiots who think they know the guns when they dont know crap, we have AR-15's M1A's and that kind of stuff and when i hear kids at school talking like they know the stuff so well and what their saying is just stupid. i just about explode i find mostly airsoft kids do this, i had one airsoft kid at school tell me how good he was and how he can snipe people from 25 yards, talking as if its hard to do, i can throw a rock atleast 75 yards easy. but if you make your gun look mil-sim that fine just dont act like you know things about the real gun. and some mil-sim stuff is useful, im lookin to get a folding stock for my gun and a massive drop forward for my tank because my prefence is woodsball/urban but i like speedball also, so id like to have the stock for woods and be able to fold it up and make it so i can hold close to me for speedball, just my opinion .
Sorry for long post.
c4cypher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c4cypher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 4:27pm

Heh, I know how you feel. I love guns, but I have very little experience. I've had a little range time with an M16A2, but to claim that I would be a good shot with a rifle would require a sociopathic ability to lie on my part.

On the whole milsim/woods/speed subject, I just want to repeat, I didn't want to flame anyone; I just prefer woods to speed. Both can be fun.

I'm currently puting a tacstock, drop forward and sight rail on my T98c, I can't wait to get that setup on the feild.

TheSnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider Ghost-Rider wrote:

but if you make your gun look mil-sim that fine just dont act like you know things about the real gun

THAT pisses me off. It's like the kids who play CS 3-4 times and think they know everything about guns.

I love MilSim I can't stand red/blue shiny guns, I NEED the matte black weapons and stuff. I don't need to have a marker that looks exactly like a real gun, but at least look like it could be a real world firearm.

That being said I personnaly can't stand Speed Ball, though I have the upmost respect for them as I realise that It does require a good trigger finger and even better knees.

I like more the slower paced MilSim and Scenario matches, gives me the time to think and make less misstakes (die less :P).

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 7:43pm
lel my deegle pwns nubs
kickinwing2010 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 3 - Bestiality & Peer Pressured

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kickinwing2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2007 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

lel my deegle pwns nubs

Boom Headshot!

I can dance all day I can dance all day!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic