Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X7 eating tons of air

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jonhutson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhutson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X7 eating tons of air
    Posted: 25 February 2007 at 9:36am

I have a new out of the box X7 that I have played with twice and have yet to get more than 250 shots out of a 20 oz C02 bottle.  The first bottle didnt even shoot an entire hopper.  Can anyone explain this?  I also know the bottles are full at start. 

The weather is around 55 degrees, and sunny.  No one else's guns were having problems...

Shakespeare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakespeare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2007 at 5:56am

Might be the same problem I had: http://www.tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=164 359&PN=1

I turned my V-screw all the way in, and it was still way too hot. Which also used a hunk of air. But I have my own refil station, so I didn't notice that air too much. But it makes sense, if the spring is to strong, it would release a lot more air than normal.

Rico_hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rico_hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2007 at 4:34pm
I had they same problem but worse, when I attached my CO2 all the air came out. I could tippmann tech support and the send me a new velocity screw, a new valve and a new power tube. When the parts arrived the valve was different from the original. Also the parts came in very quickly. I hope this helps.
Rico
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic